User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Megachurch Pastor Says 10 Commandments No Longer Apply To Christians. He's Wrong.

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrogersNhood View Post
    I hope he's not related to Charles Stanley.
    The son of Charles Stanley. As far as I know Charles Stanley never taught this way.
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

The Punisher - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

MrogersNhood (01-11-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    "'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

This is the old law. Jesus said the old law still applies.

So why are you Christians not following the law? Muslims do.
    Jesus took the punishment for that.

By the way did you not read the account of the woman caught in adultery?

Try again.
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

The Punisher - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    The son of Charles Stanley. As far as I know Charles Stanley never taught this way.

He certainly did NOT.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrogersNhood For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (01-11-2019)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I guess there was a big falling out between Charles and Andy Stanley.

That's no reason to go against the 10 Commandments.

Two preaching giants and the 'betrayal' that tore them apart - CNN.com
    Last edited by MrogersNhood; 01-11-2019 at 05:33 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrogersNhood For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (01-11-2019)

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    This is no different than what I get from most Christians in general.

Every time I point out that Jesus said the Old Laws still apply I get scoffed at.

Apparently you all are good with ignoring the old law but draw the line at obeying the 10 commandments.

Unless it's about baking cakes for fags.

Yeah, well.... not many Christians would do more than scoff at anything you say about Christianity. Now, if a fellow Christian has an opinion, that might be interesting. Atheists are just sniping when they comment on Christianity, or at least, you are.
    " It takes very little to govern good people. Very little. And bad people cant be governed at all. "
    ― Cormac McCarthy “No Country for Old Men” (2005)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed D For This Useful Post:

Abbey1 (01-12-2019),Molly Pitcher (01-11-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
    Yeah, well.... not many Christians would do more than scoff at anything you say about Christianity. Now, if a fellow Christian has an opinion, that might be interesting. Atheists are just sniping when they comment on Christianity, or at least, you are.
    Is this the same clown that just bought the jet?

An interesting thing about mega churches is, they often have no denominational affiliation.

That means the pastor can interpret the Bible anyway he or she wants, and speak from a position of authority.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Molly Pitcher (01-11-2019)

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Just as walking into a barn does make one a cow, neither does the cow who refuses to enter the barn mean it stops being a cow. Going to church, Mega or minor, does not make one a Christian.

Jesus Christ Himself was the God of the Old Testament. He was the One who said Let US make man in Our Image, the One who told Adam and Eve that of every tree of the garden you may truly eat of the fruit, save one, and that is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the One that instructed Noah in building the Ark, the One who delivered Israel from Egypt, Who wrote the 10 Commandments in stone giving them to Moses, Who appeared to Abraham and ate with him before He went on to the evil city, and the same One who inspired Solomon to write "Fear God and keep His Commandments, for this is the Whole Duty of man", and the One who came to REVEAL the Father, and was tortured to death for it.

His disciple John, who He taught face to face, understood full well who Jesus Christ was and is, and explains it quite clearly in the first chapter of John. Christ hasn't changed. We are the ones requiring change, not God. How twisted is that.

Anyone who teaches that the Commandments are done away with is a liar.
    Last edited by CWF; 01-12-2019 at 11:21 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

Molly Pitcher (01-12-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    Just as walking into a barn does make one a cow, neither does the cow who refuses to enter the barn mean it stops being a cow. Going to church, Mega or minor, does not make one a Christian.

Jesus Christ Himself was the God of the Old Testament. He was the One who said Let US make man in Our Image, the One who told Adam and Eve that of every tree of the garden you may truly eat of the fruit, save one, and that is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the One that instructed Noah in building the Ark, the One who delivered Israel from Egypt, Who wrote the 10 Commandments in stone giving them to Moses, Who appeared to Abraham and ate with him before He went on to the evil city, and the same One who inspired Solomon to write "Fear God and keep His Commandments, for this is the Whole Duty of man", and the One who came to REVEAL the Father, and was tortured to death for it.

His disciple John, who He taught face to face, understood full well who Jesus Christ was and is, and explains it quite clearly in the first chapter of John. Christ hasn't changed. We are the ones requiring change, not God. How twisted is that.

Anyone who teaches that the Commandments are done away with is a liar.

Commandment #4 (the Sabbath) has been done away with, by Christians, pretty much from the very beginning?
    "If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords." (Benjamin Franklin)

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Many books in my KJV New Testament have references where Jesus said, " Obey the Commandments". So if one reads the NT, believes in Jesus and His word...there is no logical way one can come to the conclusion that Jesus ever went along with anyone.... NOT obeying the Commandments.

In my opinion, I look at a pastor of ANY church that is stating that Christians no longer have to obey the Commandments is suffering from one of two ailments... they are either delusion or have a case of cancerous greed. Delusional ? They have doctors and pills to help those suffering from delusions now.

Greed ? If a pastor is so greedy they are willing to tell people that are trying to follow Christs teachings to no longer follow The Ten C's, there really is no cure for that person. Because apparently he/she is willing to take away the very laws that were made to help keep human beings moral and just.

And in my opinion are doing so, solely to get more financial support from those people NOT willing to adhere to Gods written laws, but they would still like to have the "appearance" of being a Christian by being a member of that church. Which in todays society, would add up to a LOT of people = a LOT of money given to that church. JMO
    Last edited by gregonejeep; 01-12-2019 at 03:14 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregonejeep For This Useful Post:

MrogersNhood (01-13-2019),Shane Ryan (01-12-2019)

Wannabe Spartan Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 85.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    Commandment #4 (the Sabbath) has been done away with, by Christians, pretty much from the very beginning?
    How so?

Tiocfaidh ar la

O God, thy arm was here, And not to us, but to thy arm alone Ascribe we all.. - King Henry V, Act IV, Scene 8,
    William Shakespeare

It's just that, damn it all, things shouldn't be like this!

Do to others as they do to you.

Thread Information