User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you live in a house where a murder took place?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would buy a house if I knew that it was a murder house.

5 35.71%
  • Yes, I would continue to live in a house if I later learned it was a murder house.

0 0%
  • Yes, i would intentionally seek out a murder house to buy!

1 7.14%
  • No, I would not buy a house where a murder took place

4 28.57%
  • No, I would immediately sell a house that I lived in if I learned that it was a murder house.

1 7.14%
  • Other

3 21.43%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you live in a murder house?

Wannabe Spartan Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My ancestors moved to Canton, OH. My friend moved to Prescott, AZ, but she is still a Browns fan.

Tiocfaidh ar la

O God, thy arm was here, And not to us, but to thy arm alone Ascribe we all.. - King Henry V, Act IV, Scene 8,
    William Shakespeare

It's just that, damn it all, things shouldn't be like this!

Do to others as they do to you.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. If it was mine.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Liberty Monkey (01-13-2019),Shane Ryan (01-12-2019)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Would you live in a house where a murder took place if you were aware of that fact?

I am the "other" vote on the poll. It wouldn't bother me if it was a "normal" murder. But if it were a crack house or drugs were sold out of it or a house where prostitutes worked out of & there was a murder, that would be a different story. I wouldn't want to live in a house where there was a possibility that somewhere out there some criminal might not know that the house had changed hands & the new owner didn't sell drugs or whatever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Shane Ryan (01-13-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    My wife bought and sold 5 homes in the passed 26 years and I have never seen a sellers disclosure (SD) having the question on it whether a death or murder, ever occurred on the sellers property.

Even if the huge Real Estate world ever allowed such a self defeating question to be put on a SD, it would not matter. Because any seller while protecting their investment, would just check the " Unknown" box which would make the question a moot point. It costs a lot of money to pay lawyers to prove, someone knew something 100%. JMO

On Edit: The OP must believe in things that go "bump" in the night.
    Last edited by gregonejeep; 01-13-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 93.0%

Thanks
    I wouldn`t care if the house is a real deal $$$$
    CHEAP
    Last edited by Madison; 01-13-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Madison For This Useful Post:

Liberty Monkey (01-13-2019)

Wannabe Spartan Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registeredTagger Second Class

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    I wouldn`t care if the house is a real deal $$$$
    CHEAP
    Me neither, but I would take into account the relative safety of the neighborhood. Houses are cheap for a reason.

Tiocfaidh ar la

O God, thy arm was here, And not to us, but to thy arm alone Ascribe we all.. - King Henry V, Act IV, Scene 8,
    William Shakespeare

It's just that, damn it all, things shouldn't be like this!

Do to others as they do to you.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gregonejeep View Post
    My wife bought and sold 5 homes in the passed 26 years and I have never seen a sellers disclosure (SD) having the question on it whether a death or murder, ever occurred on the sellers property.

Even if the huge Real Estate world ever allowed such a self defeating question to be put on a SD, it would not matter. Because any seller while protecting their investment, would just check the " Unknown" box which would make the question a moot point. It costs a lot of money to pay lawyers to prove, someone knew something 100%. JMO

On Edit: The OP must believe in things that go "bump" in the night.
    We had to tell our (Calif) realtor, it was on a list of boxes to check off, but I don't know if they told the buyer. They could have, it just there's so many pages or maybe they didn't care. I do think there is a time limit on the requirement.
    Last edited by Dave37; 01-13-2019 at 07:12 PM.

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave37 View Post
    We had to tell our (Calif) realtor, it was on a list of boxes to check off, but I don't know if they told the buyer. They could have, it just there's so many pages or maybe they didn't care. I do think there is a time limit on the requirement.
    Puzzling to me really, as to why the realtors in a state would ever allow such a question to be put on their seller disclosures (SD) forms. Because in my opinion, the fact there was a death either intentional or accidental in a home is a moot point. The aftermath/mess of a murder(s) in a home are usually cleaned up by contractors specializing in hazmat clean ups. Meaning there should never be any physical evidence left in a home of a violent death occurring in it for a potential buyer to see..

Think about how many people in the early years of our nation, chose to live their last days in their home, rather than to die in a hospital. In my state back in the old days, many families laid their loved ones in "state" with an open casket in their homes for a 3 day "wake" of grieving and for the distant travelers to be able to come to the home and pay their respects.

My FIL back in the early 2000's was allowed to pass away in our home by HIS choice, under my wife's and Hospice care. So, the occurrence of these type death events in homes would mean a LOT of older homes that a LOT of people love to buy, have had deaths in them.

A random murder or crime taking place in a home IMO, is no longer a strong indicator of a neighborhoods "crime demographics or safety health" really. As I watch on my local news every early morning, where there are home break - ins happening often today in 'well to do" neighborhoods.

There is really not much sense in a perp breaking in to a poor mans home. As the bad guy will get just as much jail time for breaking in to a poor mans home and killing the owner, as he will a rich one.

So if a buyer is cognitive of these points above and they still do not want to buy a home where a death occurred in it, I would suspect that person believes in the "paranormal" world. And their belief in the paranormal makes them not want to risk buying a home, with the possibility of it having paranormal activity in it. JMO
    Last edited by gregonejeep; 01-14-2019 at 08:11 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gregonejeep For This Useful Post:

Shane Ryan (01-14-2019)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well I suppose if it had been a meth house, and there seems to be a lot of those, notification would be good to know, but in the California market there seems to be a shortage of available houses so I don't think anything would be much of a detriment anyway.

Games People Play V.I.P Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave37 View Post
    Well I suppose if it had been a meth house, and there seems to be a lot of those, notification would be good to know, but in the California market there seems to be a shortage of available houses so I don't think anything would be much of a detriment anyway.
    Many homes in trendy California areas are so expensive, only the super-rich can buy them.

To them, the idea of knocking down the structure, even if it's only less than a decade old...and putting up YOUR! FANTASY! PAD!!!...is but a pittance.

Little chance of living in a murder house. Plenty of chances you WILL be murdered...but the next owner will change the house out.

Thread Information