User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible speaks to modern science

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks

Bible speaks to modern science

'Some' say the bible was written 'several hundred years ago' which is partially correct. New Testament was written about 2000 years ago and the Old Testament goes back to 1450 BC. However, scripture does support and in many cases, is the basis of scientific discoveries.

Job 26:7 says 'He hangs the earth on nothing'. It wasn't until the astronauts were able to look back and take a picture of the beautiful blue planet hanging in space that we were able to see just how true this statement is. Job was written about 950BC. Isaiah 40:22 describes the earth as being a "circle, spherical or round." This is a far cry from the notion that the earth was flat, which was the predominant belief in Isaiah's time.

Job 38:16 God asks, "Have you walked in the recesses (valleys) of the sea? Up to that time, it was assumed that the bottom of the sea was saucer shaped and devoid of geographical features. It wasn't until 1873 that a group of brit scientists discovered a trench in the ocean. Since that time we've learned that the bottom of the sea has hills, valleys and trenches. Galileo used Amos 9:6 where God 'calls for the water of the sea. He pours it out on the land." Amos predates the hydrological cycle by several centuries. In defending his scientific principles, Galileo, in a letter to Madam Christina said: "I think in the first place that it is very pious to say and prudent to affirm that the HOly Bible can never speak untruth--whenever its true meaning is understood."

Psalm 102:25-26 says the earth 'will wear out like a garment," supporting the 2nd law of Thermodynamics, which says that things have a tendency to decay over time. It wasn't till 1850 that Rudolph (Julius Emanuel) Clausius discovered this principle.

Hebrews 11:3 says that everything is composed of 'invisible things.' In 1897, J.J. Thompson discovered sub-atomic particles, electrons, and so was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1906.

In Job28:25, God asked Job if he was present "when he imparted weight to the wind.? Torricelli discovered that the wind did indeed have weight but that wasn't until 1643.

Psalm 8:8 mentions 'paths in the sea." In the 1800s Matthew Maury, regarded by many as a major founder of modern oceanography, was a creationist and believed in the accuracy of the Bible. He came across this phrase and so discovered that there are indeed paths or currents in the sea, much like rivers, in the oceans. The Gulf Stream is a prime example of one of these paths.

Ecclesiastes 1:6 gives wind directions as 'blowing toward the south, then turning toward the north, the wind continues swirling along on its circular courses". The airmen of WWII were the first to discover this principle. Look at any weather map of the US and you can see the Jet Stream coming from north to south and then back up again.

Leviticus 17:11 says that "the life of the flesh is in the blood." In 1616, William Harvey discovered that the blood circulates in the human body. Genesis 17:1 specifies that circumcision take place on day 8 after birth . In 1935, Professor Henri Dam discovered two elements, vitamin k and prothrombin; both elements are necessary for proper blood clotting. Why be so specific about this date and procedure? Professor Dam discovered that it is only on the eighth day that the percentage of prothrombin escalates to 100 percent above normal. Without this blood clotting element the newborn would face the possibility of uncontrolled bleeding.

The Bible is not a book of science but it's word has been used by scientists through the generations thus proving that this book is accurate when it speaks to these matters.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 01-06-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Chester Arthur (01-06-2019),CWF (01-12-2019),Jen (01-08-2019),Knightkore (01-10-2019),Kris P Bacon (01-07-2019),Midgardian/Shane Ryan (01-06-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Great post. God bless you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester Arthur For This Useful Post:

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    I'll give you a hint:

If the thread title starts with or contains the "B" word, it does not belong on the Science Forum.

The B-book says the value of pi is three.

That's wrong.

The B-book says the world suffered a total inundation by a storm caused flood in which it rained for forty days and forty nights. What a laugh. The science says that no such flood EVER happened. No credible scientist considers the Deluge as anything but an amusing myth.

And that was just the thread title.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

1 out of 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2

= 1/4,194,304
    = "Heads, Always Heads, Heads Every Time"
    = "Rodents Cheating"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-10-2019)

Wannabe Spartan Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    NO it does not. Stop lying.

Get back to me when you can define the length of a cubit to the hundredth of an inch, otherwise quit wasting my time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Midgardian/Shane Ryan For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (01-10-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry

Thanks
    I'll give you a hint:

If the thread title starts with or contains the "B" word, it does not belong on the Science Forum.

That's wrong.

The B-book says the world suffered a total inundation by a storm caused flood in which it rained for forty days and forty nights. What a laugh. The science says that no such flood EVER happened. No credible scientist considers the Deluge as anything but an amusing myth.

post that link please, i'd like to see it.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

drifter106 (02-09-2019),Midgardian/Shane Ryan (01-06-2019)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    I'll give you a hint:

That's wrong.

it says the fountains of the deep opened up and the heavens poured forth rain. It rained for 40 days and nights. But the earth was covered with water for about a year. NOT TO MENTION, there is plenty of evidence that there was most assuredly a great flood. If you want you can believe a book written by a now dead man in the 1800s. I will believe the writings that have been around for thousands of years and written by the inspiration of the living God.

It's your choice. It is mine. If this is not a problem for you, why do you keep engaging in the conversation.

thirdly. It GOES in science because of the accuracy and scientific information and facts involved. If you don't like it you may report the topic.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 01-06-2019 at 11:16 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (01-10-2019),Midgardian/Shane Ryan (01-06-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Ryan View Post
    NO it does not. Stop lying.

Get back to me when you can define the length of a cubit to the hundredth of an inch, otherwise quit wasting my time.

The primitives didn't know what a "hundredth" is. Didn't have any zeroes.

But...

...YOU knew the chapter and verse, didn't you?

23 He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim and five cubits high. It took a line of thirty cubits[o] to measure around it. 24 Below the rim, gourds encircled it—ten to a cubit. The gourds were cast in two rows in one piece with the Sea.
    Well...how about that...if YOU weren't ignorant...but no point in that, eh?
    A circular vessel 10 unit in diameter has a circumference of 31.4159... units.

So, mathematical genius, the error between REALITY and the B-Book is 1.4159... units, or, in your terms, 141.59... HUNDRETHS of a unit.

It does not matter if I know the length of a cubit to the last decimal place, just as I know that pi does not have a last decimal.

You should leave the engineering to the engineers. Math has very sharp edges and you just cut yourself, badly.

The error is almost 4.719666667%

God should have known this.

If nothing else, why did you not use your calculator?

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

= 1/4,194,304
    = "Rodents Cheating"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    it says the fountains of the deep opened up and the heavens poured forth rain. It rained for 40 days and nights. But the earth was covered with water for about a year. NOT TO MENTION, there is plenty of evidence that there was most assuredly a great flood. If you want you can believe a book written by a now dead man in the 1800s. I will believe the writings that have been around for thousands of years and written by the inspiration of the living God.

It's your choice. It is mine. If this is not a problem for you, why do you keep engaging in the conversation.

thirdly. It GOES in science because of the accuracy and scientific information and facts involved. If you don't like it you may report the topic.
    Yeah, the Bible says a lot of nonsense.

Geology shows how much of it really is nonsense.

And, NO, there was no flood that drowned the whole Earth, not since the cometary deluge at the end of the Late Great Bombardment that watered the Earth....4,000 million years before Noah was invented. The water came from the deep dark of SPACE, not some caverns below ground.

Once the process of granite formation began and the conglomeration of the continents, there was never again a time when the earth was 100% below surface of the sea.

Have you studied NOTHING of what is real?

Since THIS is the SCIENCE forum, please attempt to explain the psychological processes that urge you to disregard establish science theory and the factual basis of those theories for the emotional gratification of believing in the mythology of an ancient text written by very ignorant people.

WHY have you not studied the history of the Earth?

= 1/4,194,304
    = "Rodents Cheating"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-10-2019)

Thanks
    The primitives didn't know what a "hundredth" is. Didn't have any zeroes.

But...

...YOU knew the chapter and verse, didn't you?

Well...how about that...if YOU weren't ignorant...but no point in that, eh?
    A circular vessel 10 unit in diameter has a circumference of 31.4159... units.

So, mathematical genius, the error between REALITY and the B-Book is 1.4159... units, or, in your terms, 141.59... HUNDRETHS of a unit.

It does not matter if I know the length of a cubit to the last decimal place, just as I know that pi does not have a last decimal.

You should leave the engineering to the engineers. Math has very sharp edges and you just cut yourself, badly.

The error is almost 4.719666667%

God should have known this.

If nothing else, why did you not use your calculator?
    Pi is immutable. The verse in question proves that pi was both a known quantity and created by God. That the numbers in that verse were rounded is irrelevant. We are talking cubits here, which was give or take the length of a man's arm. I am confident that the math worked out properly, otherwise the Sea would have not been able to be built. You atheists are so desperate to "disprove" the Bible that you literally make stuff up. Like I said, STOP lying and quit wasting my time.
    Last edited by Midgardian/Shane Ryan; 01-07-2019 at 12:25 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Midgardian/Shane Ryan For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (01-10-2019)

Thanks
    Sled Dog: Pi can change.

And you engineer structures? Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Midgardian/Shane Ryan; 01-07-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Thread Information