User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dead Pool 2019. It's that time again.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Just to let you know.. @Jen is leading for 2018 with a total of 3. Deadline is fast approaching for the coming year.

You can use this topic to work out your list for 2019 before you post your final choices. Feel free to add and change and delete up till midnite December 31, 2018. Not a minute after. Whatever list you have posted at that time is your final list of entries. You must do 10 and you MAY choose 3 wild cards. Totally optional though, but the 10 is the minimum.

I'm going with:

Ruth Buzzy Ginsburg
    Roslyn Carter
    Tereza Heinz Kerry
    Good choices. I'm going with Hanoi Jane...Joyless Behar...and Cankles.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Ryan View Post
    On a serious note, I just don't keep up with celebrities who are in their last years. I will let those of you who do figure it out while I sip my whiskey.

Of course if alcohol kills brain cells just like crack cocaine, then I oughta' jump.

On the other hand, Hemingway is alleged to "wrote drunk and edited sober."

That might not be true, but it is a helluva quote!
    Fear not, consuming alcohol does not kill brain cells, that was a myth. It can disrupt communication between neurons and alter their structure, but when you stop drinking the brain fixes that back to normal.

Drinking can hurt the brain indirectly by causing a thiamine deficiency, so if you are worried about it and drink heavily, take a B vitamin supplement.

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredat50 View Post
    Fear not, consuming alcohol does not kill brain cells, that was a myth. It can disrupt communication between neurons and alter their structure, but when you stop drinking the brain fixes that back to normal.

Drinking can hurt the brain indirectly by causing a thiamine deficiency, so if you are worried about it and drink heavily, take a B vitamin supplement.
    Get me some niacin, wash it down with beer!
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

Midgardian/Shane Ryan (12-09-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    Get me some niacin, wash it down with beer!
    LOL, not a great idea to mix those two. Niacin can cause liver damage, so since you also drink you should avoid getting niacin except in your diet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (12-09-2018)

Wannabe Spartan Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Last time I stopped drinking, I had the shakes and nausea like you could not believe. I am not drinking much, but I am keeping things sane. I feel fine. I might need a medical doctor to help me with the withdrawals. I have not seen one of them in 20 years, and they were giving me drugs so I would not erupt in convulsions. What do the med people really know?

Wannabe Spartan Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Niacin can cause liver damage.
    So can alcohol.

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registered

Thanks
    Last time I stopped drinking, I had the shakes and nausea like you could not believe. I am not drinking much, but I am keeping things sane. I feel fine. I might need a medical doctor to help me with the withdrawals. I have not seen one of them in 20 years, and they were giving me drugs so I would not erupt in convulsions. What do the med people really know?
    When I have no beer, I simply have insomnia. I have the same, with beer.

Thanks
    So can alcohol.
    That was my point, he drinks, which is already compromising his liver, so he should not compound it by taking niacin with his beer (I assume to get that rush).

This is a real problem as kids are sucking down energy drinks that have never been tested, and most use niacin and other B vitamins to help give them a kick. So now we have young non-drinkers possibly damaging their liver. Also, when they get older a lot of them party by combining vodka with energy drinks. This is a double attack on the liver.

Not only that but combining caffeine, which is also present in almost all energy drinks, with alcohol increases the rate of addiction to alcohol by a large percentage. The study I read about it says that combining those two makes alcohol almost as addictive as cocaine.

One point of good news is that drinking coffee, can not only help protect your liver from cirrhosis but can actually repair damage already done.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    When I have no beer, I simply have insomnia. I have the same, with beer.
    Is it insomnia, or is your internal clock just wrong? I have had problems all my life with what is considered normal sleep times. I am a night person and gravitate towards staying up late and getting up late. Anytime I had a job that required me to get up at 6 or 7 in the morning I felt tired and washed out all day.

I really have to fight it now, because I have no set time I need to be awake, so I end up spending all night awake and sleeping most of the day. During the winter it is no big deal, but during the rest of the time, I need daylight to take care of my yard, go to the beach and so forth.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (12-09-2018)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Is it insomnia, or is your internal clock just wrong? I have had problems all my life with what is considered normal sleep times. I am a night person and gravitate towards staying up late and getting up late. Anytime I had a job that required me to get up at 6 or 7 in the morning I felt tired and washed out all day.

I really have to fight it now, because I have no set time I need to be awake, so I end up spending all night awake and sleeping most of the day. During the winter it is no big deal, but during the rest of the time, I need daylight to take care of my yard, go to the beach and so forth.
    Ahh...I don't know. I have not gone to bed before 5 in I don't know how long.

Two years of meth, did not help.
    Last edited by Kris P Bacon; 12-09-2018 at 04:00 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

Retiredat50 (12-09-2018)

Thread Information