User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamala Harris aide resigns after harassment, retaliation settlement surfaces

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks

Kamala Harris aide resigns after harassment, retaliation settlement surfaces

Kamala Harris aide resigns after harassment settlement surfaces | The Sacramento Bee

A longtime top staff member of U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris resigned Wednesday after The Sacramento Bee inquired about a $400,000 harassment and retaliation settlement resulting from his time working for Harris at the California Department of Justice.

Larry Wallace, who served as the director of the Division of Law Enforcement under then-Attorney General Harris, was accused by his former executive assistant in December 2016 of “gender harassment” and other demeaning behavior, including frequently asking her to crawl under his desk to change the paper in his printer.

The lawsuit was filed on Dec. 30, 2016, when Harris was still attorney general but preparing to be sworn in as California’s newly elected Democratic senator. It was settled less than five months later, in May 2017, by Xavier Becerra, who was appointed to replace her as attorney general.

By that time, Wallace had transitioned to work for Harris as a senior advisor in her Sacramento office.
    Were Kammy an R there'd be howls for her resignation. Given her antics in the failed character assassination of Judge Kavanaugh, this should be a national story. If this example of her hypocrisy gets more than a short paragraph or two on the NYT's or WashPost's Page ZZ-28, I will be truly shocked.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats. - Jim Treacher

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (12-06-2018),Dave37 (12-06-2018),JohnJohn (12-06-2018),Knightkore (12-06-2018),Lone Gunman (12-07-2018),RMNIXON (12-06-2018)

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    Can't help but wonder how many trips she made under Willy Brown's desk to change his printer paper and help her leapfrog to where she is today.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (12-07-2018),Louise (12-06-2018)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:

Thanks
    They were probably playing mattress polo with some frequency.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats. - Jim Treacher

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (12-07-2018)

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    They were probably playing mattress polo with some frequency.
    Right.......while he was married. But that's fine if there's a (D) after your name.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (12-07-2018)

Tard Wrangler Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Well, since the defendant is the dept of justice... taxpayers are footing the bill for this. It seems to me that this #metoo bullshit is just another scam to loot public coffers.

I mean, think about it: Some unknown office serf politico sues another low-level nobody politico in the same office...low-level nobody admits 'wrongdoing'...unknown office serf waltzes away with 4 fucking hundred fucking thousand fucking dollars.

...and people are supposed to be happy about this.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (12-06-2018),Lone Gunman (12-07-2018)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Right.......while he was married. But that's fine if there's a (D) after your name.
    Like the current governor of my home state, California, Gavin Newsom. Major Nuisance's wife did divorce him after that affair, though not necessarily because of it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (12-07-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    Like the current governor of my home state, California, Gavin Newsom. Major Nuisance's wife did divorce him after that affair, though not necessarily because of it.

Wasn't his former wife ---- on the 'Five' show? she's supposedly dating one of the President's sons?

http://www.sfweekly.com/news/report-...ng-trumps-son/
    Last edited by heyslick; 12-06-2018 at 01:18 PM.
    James 1:19 says, "Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath." Being “slow to speak” is the exact opposite to speaking pressingly or with urgency. Practically speaking I believe its all about getting into the habit. Wait before you speak and consider the effects of what you are going to say. Then, if you don’t have anything to say that is constructive or edifying, don’t say anything at all!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to heyslick For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (12-07-2018)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Well, since the defendant is the dept of justice... taxpayers are footing the bill for this. It seems to me that this #metoo bullshit is just another scam to loot public coffers.

I mean, think about it: Some unknown office serf politico sues another low-level nobody politico in the same office...low-level nobody admits 'wrongdoing'...unknown office serf waltzes away with 4 fucking hundred fucking thousand fucking dollars.

...and people are supposed to be happy about this.
    At the time of the incidents, Kammy was California State Attorney General, and Larry Wallace was one of her high level staff members. The incidents happened in California State Justice Department's offices, and evidently the department and Kammy did nothing to stop it, and instead retaliated against the woman. It pisses me off that taxpayer money was used to pay her claim, but it wasn't frivolous and the state government was responsible. Ideally the State of California should try to recover from Kammy and Wallace, but I won't be holding my breath.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (12-07-2018),RMNIXON (12-06-2018)

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heyslick View Post
    Wasn't his former wife ---- on the 'Five' show? she's supposedly dating one of the President's sons?

http://www.sfweekly.com/news/report-...ng-trumps-son/
    Yes, Kimberly Guilfoyle. Shes a huge Trump supporter and hard to imagine her being married to hard lefty Newsome...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (12-07-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Nice looking couple --- thanks
    James 1:19 says, "Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath." Being “slow to speak” is the exact opposite to speaking pressingly or with urgency. Practically speaking I believe its all about getting into the habit. Wait before you speak and consider the effects of what you are going to say. Then, if you don’t have anything to say that is constructive or edifying, don’t say anything at all!

Thread Information