User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman stabbed to death aiding panhandler

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks

Woman stabbed to death aiding panhandler

In Baltimore, sadness over death of woman who helped panhandler, resolve to continue improvements

Looks like there a duo working, the girl acts like a crack momma needing money and then the guy comes up and does a stab and grab.

But early Saturday morning, at an intersection just northwest of Ambrose Kennedy Park, a woman rolled down her car window to give money to a panhandler begging in the rain for help feeding her baby, and was robbed and fatally stabbed by a man who approached under the guise of thanking her.
    That didn't make it clear they were working together, that came later from a lady describing being chased down by one:

Loretta Mwangi, 55, said she refused a "skinny" guy's request for money on Greenmount Avenue last month and he ran behind her as if he was going to snatch it from her anyway. He seemed to be with a woman panhandling at a nearby bar. Mwangi said she was able to get back into a car without being robbed.
    Of the duo involved in Smith's death, Mwangi said: "They need to be stopped. They are making it hard for the real panhandlers who need money."
    I bet they're pissed off the 'hood is being "gentrified"

Less than six months ago city officials joined residents in the Johnston Square neighborhood to celebrate the transformation of Ambrose Kennedy Park from a dreary cityscape of broken asphalt, patchy brown grass and neglected basketball courts into an inviting space for residents to walk on winding trails, cool off in the swimming pool or simply enjoy the new playing fields.
    The area also has attracted trendy businesses such as Open Works, a shared maker space, and Charm City Meadworks, which produces the ancient honey-based alcoholic drink.
    The homes, the revived park and residents who organize cleanups and other improvement efforts all give him hope that Johnston Square is headed in the right direction.
    I finished skimming the article never saw the "G" word but it's what I suspect, as soon as "trendy" restaraunts go in and places to rent get rehabbed property values go up which the city loves because of tax revenue but long time residents dont like so much because now they cant pay the rent and end up on the street panhandling, every liberal city with those conditions has that dynamic.

What was once the 'hood is now "trendy" and "upscale", and there's equal amounts of open minded liberals mixed with panhandlers that the liberals feel good about feeding quarters to, kind of like throwing food to the fish in the Coy pond "mmmmm, I feel so good about myself, helping those begging for some of my compassion...." and it pisses the long term residents off.
    Last edited by Frankenvoter; 12-06-2018 at 10:23 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

QuaseMarco (12-06-2018)

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Moral.................. don't open your car window to panhandlers.

We live in a vicious society...............evil is rampant.
    Last edited by QuaseMarco; 12-06-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Build the wall. Build it high, build it deep and build it strong.
    QuaseMarco
    #MAGA #KAG #TRUMP2020

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuaseMarco For This Useful Post:

darroll (12-06-2018),Rita Marley (12-06-2018),zeke501 (12-06-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Remember the old sage advice: DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS!
    The November 2018 elections represent a lynchpin event, regardless of the outcome.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

darroll (12-06-2018),Morning Star (12-06-2018),ruthless terrier (12-06-2018)

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Baltimore has decayed rapidly since the city government became predominately black democrat. Of course, that's just a coincidence.
    A Mexican, a Jew and a colored guy walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck outta here".

- Clint Eastwood as Walt Kowalski in "Gran Torino".

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed D For This Useful Post:

darroll (12-06-2018),ruthless terrier (12-06-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    I always give tips to bums on the street.

One, consistent tip, actually:

"Get a job!" (Sometimes I inject, "fucking" in there somewhere, but....that can be interpreted as solicitation on some streets....)
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (12-06-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Big Blue Baltimore's murder rate is much higher than Big Blue Chicago's, if you can believe it, but not as high as the murder rate in Big Blue St. Louis, if you can believe it.

Among major U.S. cities, Baltimore (at 56 per 100,000) was followed in the FBI’s annual tally by Detroit, which last year recorded a homicide rate of 40 per 100,000 people; Memphis, Tennessee, with a rate of 28 per 100,000; and Chicago, with a rate of 24 per 100,000. But some smaller cities reported a higher homicide rate than Baltimore’s. St. Louis, with a population slightly over 300,000, had a rate of 66 murders per 100,000 people.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...gs/1426739002/

Last edited by webrockk; 12-06-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" -- H.L. Mencken

50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
    Baltimore has decayed rapidly since the city government became predominately black democrat. Of course, that's just a coincidence.
    What a racist statement, and so forth.........

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Ed D (12-06-2018)

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    I always give tips to bums on the street.

One, consistent tip, actually:

"Get a job!" (Sometimes I inject, "fucking" in there somewhere, but....that can be interpreted as solicitation on some streets....)
    It's dangerous to interact with them. Some are violent..... drunkards, drug addicts, insane.
    Last edited by QuaseMarco; 12-06-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Build the wall. Build it high, build it deep and build it strong.
    QuaseMarco
    #MAGA #KAG #TRUMP2020

15. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseMarco For This Useful Post:

ruthless terrier (12-06-2018)

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
    I would point out a subtle, but very important distinction.

The amount of melamine skin pigment in the Baltimore's leadership's skin is NOT the problem.

The Affirmative Action, Excussed/ignored/unchallenged Government Corruption, Citizen's illegal Activities, and attitude of Past-Racial-Crimes-grant-Special-Entitlements....

is the problem.

If WE-the-People didn't treat the Black Democrats of Baltimore in a separate, preferential, and unaccountable fashion, then the amount of Melamine in their skin wouldn't matter any more than fact that they have Attached or Detached Ear Lobes!

EarLobes2.jpg

And you can lay the insanety of our 2018 American society directly a the feet of the Stupid as Crap SCOTUS and their setting a legal precedent of allowing American Citizens to be given special rights, privileges and protections based on freak'n physical characteristics and justified by what happened to similar people over 100 years ago!

God Damn the Idiots on the SCOTUS!!!

-
    Hope and Prayer are integrally linked, never underestimate or undervalue, the power of either! - Kurmugeon
    I do NOT trust people who do not Love Dogs! - Kurmugeon

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurmugeon For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (12-06-2018)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 79.0%

Thanks
    A significant % of that sort of panhandler are simply doing it as their "career". Even some newspapers occasionally do stories documenting these professional leeches. Orgs like the Salvation Army or local food banks and charities are better at sorting the really needy from frauds like them.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats. - Jim Treacher

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

QuaseMarco (12-06-2018)

Thread Information