User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 69-year-old man asks to be declared 49, claiming age is as fluid as gender

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks

A 69-year-old man asks to be declared 49, claiming age is as fluid as gender

A 69-year-old man asks to be declared 49, claiming age is as fluid as gender - The Washington Post

That’s not enough for Emile Ratelband, a 69-year-old who feels like he’s in his 40s. The Dutch pensioner is asking a court in his hometown of Arnhem, southeast of Amsterdam, to change his birth certificate so that it says he took his first breath on March 11, 1969, rather than on March 11, 1949. The judges heard his case Monday and promised they would render a verdict in the next several weeks.
    Ratelband sees his request as no different from a petition to change his name or the gender he was assigned at birth — and isn’t bothered that this comparison might offend transgender people, whose medical needs have been recognized by the American Medical Association. It comes down to free will, he maintains.
    “Because nowadays, in Europe and in the United States, we are free people,” he said in an interview with The Washington Post. “We can make our own decisions if we want to change our name, or if we want to change our gender. So I want to change my age. My feeling about my body and about my mind is that I’m about 40 or 45.”
    Being in his 40s would make his life much better, he explained.
    For one, it would boost his dating prospects. “If you’re 69 on Tinder, you’re outdated,” reasoned Ratelband, who has seven children and is now without a partner. His friends urge him just to modify his age on dating apps. “But I don’t want to lie,” he said. “If you lie, you have to remember everything you say.”
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill

Captain Cold: Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knightkore For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (11-08-2018),potlatch (11-09-2018)

Games People Play V.I.P Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    He can just identify as 49 on Tinder.

No one on Tinder will challenge it.

No one will even suspect; because it's not likely he'll ever FIND anyone on Tinder.

Tinder, like AshleyMadison, is nothing but horny old goats...and fake bot accounts claiming to be F.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (11-08-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Thanks
    If you can identify your sex why not your age?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (11-08-2018)

Stalking Santa in 2018 V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    “Because nowadays, in Europe and in the United States, we are free people,” he said
    ROFL!

a 69-year-old is hard to find.....women outlive men

he's a perv to the max
    Clinton: Religious freedom and religious tolerance are essential to the stability of any nation, any people. Hatred and violence in the name of religion only poison the well.
    Sep 13, 2012 Benghazi

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NORAD For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (11-08-2018),Rita Marley (11-08-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    A quote from my favorite boxer

"Age is like mind over matter, if you don't mind it doesn't matter"

I'm almost 72 and act a lot younger and look younger than my age. He should be thankful he's still living.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to heyslick For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (11-08-2018)

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    That would screw up our Social Security if a 40 year old changed to a 70 year old. We'd have to put a term limit on SS.
    Democrats are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (11-09-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    One form of Delusion is as good as another................

Like Jack Benny always claiming he was 39!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (11-09-2018)

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Activity AwardKing of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Thanks
    I'm a cow! Mooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boanthropy

Boanthropy is a psychological disorder in which a human believes himself or herself to be a bovine. The most famous sufferer of this disorder was Nebuchadnezzar II, who in the Book of Daniel "was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen".
    Boanthropy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boanthropy

Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)
    I propose the term "red henning" henceforth be used to refer to any stupid business decisions.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

heyslick (11-08-2018),Knightkore (11-09-2018),OldSchool (11-09-2018)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks

69-Year-Old Dutch Man Seeks To Change His Legal Age To 49

Emile Ratelband, a 69-year-old Dutch man, says having a younger age on paper would give him a boost in life and on dating apps.

Emile Ratelband, a 69-year-old motivational speaker from the Netherlands, has petitioned a court for permission to change his legal age — by altering his birth certificate to show he was born 20 years later than he really was.

Ratelband argues that he feels two decades younger than he actually is — doctors told him he has the body of a younger man, he says. While in most cases that compliment is rhetorical, Ratelband is taking a more literal approach. He also says having a younger age on paper would give him a boost in life and on dating apps.

He presented his argument before a judge on Monday.

According to the Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad, or AD, Ratelband told the court he would be happy to delay his pension benefits for 20 years, as a logical extension of his age change.

The judge expressed some skepticism but also noted that changing the sex on a birth certificate, as transgender people have the right to do, once was impossible and is now allowed.

Transgender people around the world have fought long legal battles for the right to change their birth certificates to match their gender identity. Where that is permitted, the legal requirements vary; in the Netherlands, transgender people need a statement from an expert affirming that they have a "permanent conviction" that their gender does not match what is on their birth certificates, and that they understand the repercussions of their decision.

Ratelband gave an interview to AD explaining his logic for changing his age.

"When I'm 69, I am limited. If I'm 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car," he said, according to a translation by The Guardian. "I can take up more work. When I'm on Tinder and it says I'm 69, I don't get an answer. When I'm 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position."

Ratelband's website says he has seven children and "a steady relationship with the woman of his dreams." However, he told media outlets that he is dating and is seeking to have more children with surrogate mothers.

Ratelband's website also says his "age focus is to turn at least 94 years old and to then leave this world healthy and with pleasure when it has become a better place for everyone." He does not specify whether that "age focus" refers to his physical age or his emotional age.

The 69-year-old also spoke to The Washington Post and said he is not concerned that his comparison of an age change to a sex change may be offensive to transgender people. He called it a question of free will.

"Because nowadays, in Europe and in the United States, we are free people," he told the Post. "We can make our own decisions if we want to change our name, or if we want to change our gender. So I want to change my age. My feeling about my body and about my mind is that I'm about 40 or 45."

He wants to tell potential dating partners and clients that he is as young as he feels, not as old as he is.

"But I don't want to lie," Ratelband told the Post.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/08/66559...egal-age-to-49

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (11-09-2018),Rutabaga (11-09-2018)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Is there anybody who's happy with who they are anymore? Never thought I'd see the day when when so many people don't like the gender God game them, who want to be indian, skin color--would rather be black than a white person, age..... Fine---if you feel 49 instead of 69, that awesome. DON'T lie about it, especially to potential partners, everybody deserves the know the TRUTH. Why can't these people be happy with who they REALLY are?????

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (11-09-2018),OldSchool (11-09-2018),Rutabaga (11-09-2018)

Thread Information