User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920

Thread: Ruthie Goes Down

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
    Think she was pretty sure that Trump wouldn't get elected!!

Miscalculation on hers and millions of others in the DC la la land..

Frustrating the hell out of them, even more than when the Senate's advice on Garland was a stentorian "NO".
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (11-10-2018)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    It just occurred to me that when the old commie bat finally descends to hell to claim her final reward, we'll all be subjected to another fuckwit funeral week la john mcclame. Probably worse.

oh boy. can't wait.

Time to celebrate....

"ding dong, the witch is dead...."

and all that.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

El Guapo (11-10-2018),Rita Marley (11-10-2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    She's a very partisan lady. Personally, I know she can't outlast this administration. Trump will be reelected. She should have the good sense to retire and enjoy her grandkids and great grandkids. Those times are important. Those memories need to be built. At some point, family does need to come first. She's old and it's foolish to waste her remaining years working. Obviously she's not well or sturdy.

She's not L'il Abner, who's job was to test mattresses at the Dogpatch Mattress Factory, so you really can't say she's "working" when she's taking eight hour naps at the bench.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

Rebel Yell (11-10-2018),Rita Marley (11-10-2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    A good read, if you're curious, is Mark Levin's Men in Black. He documents a handful of Supreme Court Justices, through the years, who were senile, borderline insane, drunken, in and out of debtors' prison...even criminal, as in Hugo Black, a Klan lawyer and front for much of his legal career.

William O. Douglas was one of the most egregious, of recent years. He was clearly impaired with Alzheimer's and was so erratic, the rest of the Court wanted some sort of revote option or alternative Justice. He wouldn't resign and the Congressional Democrats would not Impeach.

What Buzzy is doing here, is typical of those Justices who were Elitists - who thought they were on some sort of Holy Mission, that must be fought for to the last breath.

I wish I could refer to the book, but I misplaced it in one of my two last moves.

Lifetime appointments were a mistake and the founders wrongly assumed the judges would be honorable...and they never expected judges to have lifetimes on the bench far in excess of the mean lifespan of the 1780's.

Nor did they grant to the courts the power the Court arrogated to itself under Marbury v Madison.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

Molly Pitcher (11-10-2018),Rita Marley (11-10-2018)

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entrySocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    Lifetime appointments were a mistake and the founders wrongly assumed the judges would be honorable...and they never expected judges to have lifetimes on the bench far in excess of the mean lifespan of the 1780's.

Nor did they grant to the courts the power the Court arrogated to itself under Marbury v Madison.
    They were never meant to be "lifetime appointments." I think the reading was during periods of good service or some such thing. It's also why they left the part about impeachment.
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - rambling and musing about military life.

I proudly voted for President Trump!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sargentodiaz For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (11-12-2018),Molly Pitcher (11-12-2018)

Sr ADMIN/Founder Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who is still recovering from a fall last week, missed a sitting of the court on Tuesday morning. The Supreme Court’s Public Information Office said Ginsburg, 85, was working from home Tuesday. [...] Ginsburg also missed Friday's investiture ceremony for the court's newest justice, Brett Kavanaugh. The ceremonial welcoming to the court was widely attended, including by President Trump and the first lady.
    Ginsburg working from home after fall | TheHill
    FIRE and replace the bad Republicans in their primaries, but NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLafollet View Post
    The left is going to take it's country back.
    No, Robert, no you're not, and you never will.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (11-13-2018),Molly Pitcher (11-13-2018),Rita Marley (11-13-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
    They were never meant to be "lifetime appointments." I think the reading was during periods of good service or some such thing. It's also why they left the part about impeachment.
    Agreed. Just how did they surmise life time appointments from this … " The Judges, both of the Supreme Court and inferior courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior, and shall, at stated times, receive for their services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office"

They way I interpret the verbiage is, "Continuance in Office" means, as long as they are continuing their duties in office, not assuring a life time in said office. And that, as long as the Judges hold office they have to be paid,[at stated times] and even that paycheck could be at random. Because the text in the brackets indicate to me someone needs to state

" Hey ya'll , someone needs to pay the Judges next week".... before they can be paid.
    Last edited by gregonejeep; 11-13-2018 at 11:24 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregonejeep For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (11-13-2018),sargentodiaz (11-13-2018)

Thread Information