User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Do We Make Of The Midterm Election?

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    “If I would have asked people what they wanted, they would have told me a faster horse.”

Henry Ford
    Last edited by Rickity Plumber; 11-08-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Many of you like @Dan40 told me tbe popular vote doesn't mater time after time. It maters. That is what we saw November 6. Yes, the President is elected by the electoral college. But the House is elected by the popular vote. It should be no surprise that with Hillary having a 3 million vote popular lead we now have a Democratic House. It is my understanding that 4 million more people voted Democrat then Republican this election. That bodes well for 2020.

Some of you have pointed out that the Southwest and Northeast are heavily Democratic. The Midwest is more of a swing area though I think Michigan is probably solidly back in the Democratic column after Flint. It also appears Trump burned Iowa bad.

What I see is the cities particularly big cities moving more and more to the left while the rural areas hold on to right wing values. Almost every state has at least one big city.

Almost any rock star can fill an area. Trump for those purposes is a rock star. You guys read to much into it. On the other hand the polls have made one major mistake over the last 70 years and that seems to be all you can see. You need to get a grip on that reality.

I have no idea what will happen in 2020. I still think we are in the beginning of a cyclical recession which likely will be over by then. More states will up the minimum wage and more businesses will find they have to up starting pay. So that issue may well go away. On the other hand pre-existing conditions and drug prices will likely become more important. So will infrastructure. You Trumpists will still be calling for a wall but business may be calling for immigrants. Young folks will be more and more hurt and activated by student loans. Russian intervention in 2016 already proved will likely be handled by business and not government.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Forget Venezuela and the Soviet union the issues are domestic.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLafollet View Post
    Many of you like @Dan40 told me tbe popular vote doesn't mater time after time. It maters. That is what we saw November 6. Yes, the President is elected by the electoral college. But the House is elected by the popular vote. It should be no surprise that with Hillary having a 3 million vote popular lead we now have a Democratic House. It is my understanding that 4 million more people voted Democrat then Republican this election. That bodes well for 2020.

Some of you have pointed out that the Southwest and Northeast are heavily Democratic. The Midwest is more of a swing area though I think Michigan is probably solidly back in the Democratic column after Flint. It also appears Trump burned Iowa bad.

What I see is the cities particularly big cities moving more and more to the left while the rural areas hold on to right wing values. Almost every state has at least one big city.

Almost any rock star can fill an area. Trump for those purposes is a rock star. You guys read to much into it. On the other hand the polls have made one major mistake over the last 70 years and that seems to be all you can see. You need to get a grip on that reality.

I have no idea what will happen in 2020. I still think we are in the beginning of a cyclical recession which likely will be over by then. More states will up the minimum wage and more businesses will find they have to up starting pay. So that issue may well go away. On the other hand pre-existing conditions and drug prices will likely become more important. So will infrastructure. You Trumpists will still be calling for a wall but business may be calling for immigrants. Young folks will be more and more hurt and activated by student loans. Russian intervention in 2016 already proved will likely be handled by business and not government.
    I told you that the popular vote elected people state by state, district by district. Doubt you knew that before I correctly informed you.

YOU believed and still do, that there is, was, or should be, a nationwide popular vote.
    No matter how many times I've informed you, CORRECTLY, that there has never been a nationwide popular vote and that no person has ever been elected to any national office by a nationwide popular vote, you still wrongly believe there is one.

Is that because your reading ability is less than remedial or some even more serious malady?

"It also appears Trump burned Iowa bad."

IOWA

Elected a Republican Governor.

The State Senate now has 32 Republicans and 18 Democrats.

And the state House has 51 Republican and 44 Democrats.

Nationally Iowa lost 2 House seats to Democrats.

And the Sec of State is now a Republican.
    Last edited by Dan40; 11-08-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Jesus was a Middle Easterner. He was of dark completion in all likelihood. He was bearded. He grew up as an ignorant carpenter. Think about it Jesus was likely not black. He was likely not what you would call white.

The Muslim religion is one of 3 religions of the book. That is it is based on the Old Testament. The Muslim God is the same as the Jewish God. The Muslim God is the same as the Christian God. In fact it is fair to say that Christianity and Mohammedanism are just Jewish sects.

Games People Play V.I.P Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLafollet View Post
    Jesus was a Middle Easterner. He was of dark completion in all likelihood. He was bearded. He grew up as an ignorant carpenter. Think about it Jesus was likely not black. He was likely not what you would call white.
    What the HELL does that have to do with anything!

Do you really BELIEVE these automatons who're stuck on RAY-SISSM, Tourette's-like? Have you NO sense, that you can see how evil, how dangerous is Islam? Skin pigmentation has NOTHING to do with it!

The Muslim religion is one of 3 religions of the book. That is it is based on the Old Testament. The Muslim God is the same as the Jewish God. The Muslim God is the same as the Christian God. In fact it is fair to say that Christianity and Mohammedanism are just Jewish sects.
    I guess the Mohammedans have gotten their claws into what's left of your brains.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @Dan40 I've pointed out you are correct about the electoral college many times. You apparently can't read what I write or don't bother. The point is that 3 million more Democrats showed up in 2016 then Republicans

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @JustPassinThru This thread starts out with a comment about white males. I felt I could not move on without challenging that.

As to the Muslims. I've met a few all nice people and mostly hard workers. My wife who is from Mindanao and might well agree with you as she has had a lot of problems with the MLF. Personally, I will judge the person and not the religion.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    I will wait until the Democrats are finished with all their cheating before I give an opinion on how the election went.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Ed D (11-08-2018),gregonejeep (11-08-2018)

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class31 days registered
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I will wait until the Democrats are finished with all their cheating before I give an opinion on how the election went.
    Jen nails it again.
    A Mexican, a Jew and a colored guy walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck outta here".

- Clint Eastwood as Walt Kowalski in "Gran Torino".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ed D For This Useful Post:

Jen (11-08-2018)

Thread Information