User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What If Aaron Burr Missed?

Games People Play V.I.P Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
    The hallowed constitutional convention was a coup which overthrew the form of government established in the Articles of Confederation. I support the Constitution today because it is the document which establishes what is to constitute the republican form of government we have, but it is treated as a dead letter by the members of congress.

Burr was never convicted of any of the charges brought against him. He was not a traitor as court historians claim nor was he a crackpot as you imply. Hamilton was the schemer, pushing for a central bank and for a permanently ruling elite. I admire Burr for dueling with Hamilton and for shooting him down like the scoundrel he was. It doesn't surprise me at all that you're a Hamilton fan. You're usually rather uninformed when it comes to history. I hope you've seen the currently popular play which is so beloved by the libtards of both parties.

Hamilton was a little snake who got what was coming to him. It's really tragic that dueling is illegal now. If it wasn't, Chuckie Schumer would have been disgraced and run out of office at the end of his first term because he would have run from a challenge to a duel. Think about it. Most of the current crop of two-faced assholes in Congress wouldn't be able to stay if they had to fear having to defend their lies and dishonorable conduct with a pistol against an armed opponent.
    There's a lot to disagree with, here, but I'll stick to what's relevant today.

The series of meetings that became the original Constitutional Convention, were charged - by the sovereign States - to take what action was necessary, including discarding the Articles of Confederacy. This revisionist pap about the whole thing being somehow "illegal" is just that, revisionist pap.

Had it BEEN outside their authority...the States, the State Legislatures that SENT these reps, would not have ratified their work.

The Articles of Confederacy failed right from the start. The Constitution worked fine, until the Progressives started tampering with the balance of power, starting with Wilson's election.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    As an englishman, i found that interesting. History is rich in 'what if', I have a personal one, id like to share.

Im a descendant of Phillipa Platangenet, the Grandaughter of King Edward II . Theres a small group of such descendants in the UK (500-600 people) including an Australian fork lift truck driver called Simon Abney Hastings - more of him later.

When Edward II died, the crown passed to his eldest son ,who became Edward III. He had three sons, the second died in infancy. When Edward III died, the crown passed to his eldest son who became Edward IV.

The seond eldest son, Lionel of Antwerp, had a daughter, Phillipa Plantagenet. On the death of his brother Edward, the crown passed down Edwards line.

Now heres the point. We, the descendants of Phillipa, supported by several historians, say that Edward IV was a bastard and not the son of Edward III. Theres some evidence. Edward was away at war in the only time slot when his wife Phillipa of Hainault could have gotten pregant by him. We say she was unfaithful , with a cortisan, and Edward IV was not the issue of Edward III.

If this is the case, it means the entire english royal line from Edward IV, from 1312 AD to today are pretenders. We say the crown should have passed to the next oldest son, Lionel. This means Phillipa would have been Queen on her fathers death, and the royal line of succession would have passed down her descedants - ie us. This means that the current true King of England is the previously menioned Simon Abney Hastings, who is in fact the 15th Earl of Loubuton and a direct descendant of Phillipa Plantagenet, and therefore, we say, has a better claim to the english throne than the traitor and pretender Elizabeth Windsor (or Sax-Gotheberg).

However, to establish the true monarch, King Simon of Jerlideri, to the throne of England , we need to raise an army and depose the pretender Elizabeth Windsor. Could be tricky........

Its also means I shoudl be a minor royal, and should be swanning about in a Rolls Royce, not a 15 year old Seat Ibiza...... I was robbed !!
    Last edited by BabyBoomer+; 11-07-2018 at 10:05 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyBoomer+ For This Useful Post:

Coolwalker (11-07-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    He who had the biggest sword was the winner...never has mattered if he was good, bad, or indifferent, he was the winner. Today's Royals make good headlines, they have no power but claim much of the riches of Briton. Crass at best. As for Hamilton and Burr, both were rednecks with big mouths and guns. They are dead and gone and my concern is with today and those that wish to turn America in to Russia 2.0

What do you call a basement full of Democrats?
    A Whine Cellar!

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolwalker View Post
    He who had the biggest sword was the winner...never has mattered if he was good, bad, or indifferent, he was the winner. Today's Royals make good headlines, they have no power but claim much of the riches of Briton. Crass at best. As for Hamilton and Burr, both were rednecks with big mouths and guns. They are dead and gone and my concern is with today and those that wish to turn America in to Russia 2.0

Thats absolutely correct. We english get stick because we had an empire that spanned the globe, the point all the lefties miss is that thats how it was done in those days -many countries had empires, many nations slaved. Conquest and rule, the standard mediaeval way of obtaining power and wealth. Its like accusing 6th century Viking raiders of rape and murder. Theses morons judge the past on modern standards, its nonsense. The past is a different world, different people, different morals and ethics.
    Last edited by BabyBoomer+; 11-07-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Thread Information