User Tag List

Thread: History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks

History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn’t know this. Its easy to check out, if you don’t believe it. Be sure and show it to your family and friends. They need a little history lesson on what’s what and it doesn’t matter whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are Facts.

Social Security Cards up until the 1980’s expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.
    <http://blog.kir.com/archives/images/social%20security.gif

A sample of the old Social Security card with the “NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION” message is Attached.

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be Completely voluntary.

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program.

Now 7.65% on the first $106,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year.

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent ‘Trust Fund’ rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program.

Under Johnson the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton & Gore, up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month — and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to ‘put away’ — you may be interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent ‘Trust Fund’ and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House and Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the ‘tie-breaking’ deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US.

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That’s right!

Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it! If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe changes will evolve.

https://thefinancialphysician.com/20...security-card/

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-11-2018),Dr. Felix Birdbiter (10-11-2018),gregonejeep (10-11-2018),Quark (10-11-2018),Retiredat50 (10-11-2018),RMNIXON (10-11-2018),Rutabaga (10-11-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks
    democrats.
    "The nose, knows"

"We Must Secure the Existence of our People and a Future for White Children".

#walkaway

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    People who believe in Gods, magic, spells, prayers, and miracles are not going to stop believe in Democrats as good and Republicans as evil.

I knew all that but I'm an intellectual and an Atheist.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Back in the mid 90's when I renewed my very old library card I was alarmed to find out my SS number was in their computer system. I was asked if I wanted it removed. I don't recall giving them the number but I must have done at some point.

Of course in the decades prior identity theft was not the online issue we have today. Much of that an abuse of SS numbers as a form of ID.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Molly Pitcher (10-11-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    People who believe in Gods, magic, spells, prayers, and miracles are not going to stop believe(ing) in Democrats as good and Republicans as evil.

I knew all that but I'm an intellectual and an Atheist.
    Now come on Q, I have had you pegged for over 3 years now as an atheist/intellectual that although like me irritating as the crabs at times, I could count on you for posting the truth.

The above post from you, is a low blow to a lot of people that believe in God and miracles and prayer. And them doing so, damn sure does not make them like, love, or vote Democrat. At least not for this republican that is a believer, and I have not one MM of use for the Dems.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gregonejeep For This Useful Post:

Molly Pitcher (10-11-2018)

Thread Information