User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBC News Suggests Low-Population States Get Less Senate Representation

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Pussy Cat View Post
    That will not happen- The House is based upon population, the Senate protects smaller low population States from being ganged up upon which would happen if based upon population.
    And the real power is in the Senate- Just my opinion
    I might support the 5 or 10 states with the lowest populations having 3 instead of 2 Senators! I've lived in one of California's largest metro areas for 4 decades, but my roots are rural. It makes me sick the way the LA and SF Bay Areas oppress and exploit California's farming, forest and mining counties!
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

Crybaby Achievements:
    250 Experience Points7 days registered

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    I might support the 5 or 10 states with the lowest populations having 3 instead of 2 Senators! I've lived in one of California's largest metro areas for 4 decades, but my roots are rural. It makes me sick the way the LA and SF Bay Areas oppress and exploit California's farming, forest and mining counties!
    IIRC the 17nth A was based upon equal representation? Would that not divert power? What would the population cutoff lines be?
    From what little I know water is the biggest problem for rural areas?

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Their goal is what Venezuela and Cuba have and what the USSR and Cambodia had. They'll settle for nothing less. They want the Constitution scrapped, and Senate representation is just one part, and a dictator in power to create a Venezuela/USSA axis of destruction. I'm sure Obama has thought, "If only Hugo Chavez was alive."
    Last edited by patrickt; 10-11-2018 at 07:19 AM.

magnetic Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    I would like to see Senators being an appointed position rather than an elected position. Senators were meant to represent the individual state's best interests, not the people necessarily. That is the job of the Representatives.
    Joseph McCarthy did nothing wrong.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Iron For This Useful Post:

sargentodiaz (10-12-2018)

Thread Information