User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Florida ballot measure links offshore drilling and e-cigarettes

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by navigator2 View Post
    For me there is "no poison" in that amendment. I don't think we should ban e-cigs nor offshore drilling. Many people do not understand there is no "second hand anything" in vaping. (other than C02. (Maybe we should stop breathing?)

What truly amazes me is the number of people who want to ban tobacco but are all in on weed.
    My understanding is that a host of chemicals can be, AND ARE ADDED, TO E-CIGS. Nicotine, Cocaine, hash etc. Not all of that stays in the inhaling person.

You don't understand how banning tobacco and celebrating noxious weed makes sense? Me neither.

I count quitting smoking as one of the smartest things I've ever done. For many smoking years my cholesterol levels were terrible, off the charts. A perfect diet for 6 months reduced it only 6 points, and I never once cheated on the diet.

Quit smoking, eat whatever I want and now bad cholesterol is low, good cholesterol is high and overall number is TERRIFIC to use the doc's term. [under100]. SMOKING.

And am now the oldest person ever in my family. Not certain that's a good thing as other parts grumble.
    Last edited by Dan40; 10-11-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Florida voters will be asked next month to decide on a curious combination of questions: Should the state ban offshore oil and gas drilling, and also end e-cigarette use in the workplace?Both questions will appear on a single ballot measure next month proposing a state constitutional amendment.These two seemingly unrelated issues – oil exploration and vaping – have stirred up equal parts anger and confusion among voters ever since the state’s Constitution Revision Commission earlier this year approved the measure for the ballot.“Bundling these issues is mixing apples and oranges, and this decision, made without any public debate, could harm jobs, the state economy, tax revenues, and our long-term energy future,” Florida Petroleum Council Executive Director David Mica said in a statement at the time.The combination of the two proposed bans into one ballot measure has come with little explanation from Florida’s CRC beyond Brecht Heuchan, chairman of the commission’s Style and Drafting Committee, telling local media that the sponsors of the different proposals worked together under the slogan of “clean air, clean water.” The proposed amendment advanced with little discussion in April.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/goe...d-e-cigarettes

Does this make sense to anyone because I don't get it.
    Aside from not making sense to me...... constitutional amendments can be a dangerous thing.

And - Why the hell use a constitutional amendment.........!?! The state’s Constitution Revision Commission has gotta be full of hot air that came from assholes.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sanders supporters are the very most stupids of all the lying leftist stupids.

Dan40

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    as a surfer i'm all for sacrificing vaping for banning offshore oil drilling
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sanders supporters are the very most stupids of all the lying leftist stupids.

Dan40

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Aside from not making sense to me...... constitutional amendments can be a dangerous thing.

And - Why the hell use a constitutional amendment.........!?! The state’s Constitution Revision Commission has gotta be full of hot air that came from assholes.
    True that!
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

OldSchool (10-11-2018)

Thread Information