User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The decadence of 'life'

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredat50 View Post
    The purpose of life is to be happy. Some will say that the purpose of life is to raise a family, and some will say it is to have a rewarding career or to contribute to society or... In the end, it is what makes you happy, raising a family, career, helping society, they are all correct answers based on what makes the individual happy.

Now, some people do get sidetracked and do not admit to themselves what makes them happy. Take a rich celebrity that commits suicide for example. They had it all, but it was not what they wanted, maybe they would have been happy just raising a family, or whatever.

When you are honest with yourself and admit what makes you happy, then pursue that, you win.
    Gotta agree with ya there @Retiredat50 and you even said it in part in your reply. The purpose of life (as I see it) is to be the best husband/father/person that I can be.

After all, if it were not for procreation, what purpose would we have?

Thanks for the great words.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Retiredat50 (10-08-2018)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And here I thought John Harvey Kellogg was long dead........

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

Sr ADMIN/Founder Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    FIRE and replace the bad Republicans in their primaries, but NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLafollet View Post
    The left is going to take it's country back.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Pepper Belly (10-08-2018)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    The purpose of life is to be happy. Some will say that the purpose of life is to raise a family, and some will say it is to have a rewarding career or to contribute to society or... In the end, it is what makes you happy, raising a family, career, helping society, they are all correct answers based on what makes the individual happy.

Now, some people do get sidetracked and do not admit to themselves what makes them happy. Take a rich celebrity that commits suicide for example. They had it all, but it was not what they wanted, maybe they would have been happy just raising a family, or whatever.

When you are honest with yourself and admit what makes you happy, then pursue that, you win.
    Conan the Barbarian -

"What is the best thing in life?"

"To drive your enemies before you and hear the lamentations of their women".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Retiredat50 (10-08-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Speaking to them about 'meats' is as speaking to them about 'religion' or 'politics'. They will automatically put up their 'walls of defense' when speaking of 'meats' just as they do when speaking about 'religion or politics'.
    The final arbiter on such things is God's written word, the Bible. Not the machinations of imperfect man!

"The fear and dread of you will fall on every living creature on the earth, every bird of the sky, every creature that crawls on the ground, and all the fish of the sea. They are delivered into your hand. Every living creature will be food for you; just as I gave you the greenplants,I now give you all things.But you must not eat meat with its lifeblood still in it.…"~ Gen. 9:2-4
    Last edited by Trinnity; 10-08-2018 at 03:30 PM. Reason: fixed the quote tag

50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Conan the Barbarian -

"What is the best thing in life?"

"To drive your enemies before you and hear the lamentations of their women".
    Perfect example, that is what made him happy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    And here I thought John Harvey Kellogg was long dead........

Corn Flakes with sliced banana, hell yeah!!

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks

lol - the purpose of life is to reproduce. No one cares if you're happy or not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    lol - the purpose of life is to reproduce. No one cares if you're happy or not.
    It is a case of biology vs philosophy. Humans and Whales are the only species (on earth at least) where the female of the species lives long past the time where they can reproduce.

Anyway, I talking philosophically, not biologically. I have never reproduced so I guess my life has no meaning. Yet, that welfare momma that has had 10 kids must be living a very meaningful life...

P.S. I care whether I am happy or not, and as far as I am concerned I am the only ones opinion that matter
    Last edited by Retiredat50; 10-08-2018 at 05:37 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

HAMARTIA (10-08-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deorro View Post
    The decadence of life is to live in a life that is decaying. How a person lives while he or she lives in a decaying life is personal choices. However, since 'decay' is transmittable, decadence can become a plague if not checked.

decadence

• the act or process of falling into an inferior condition or state; deterioration; decay: Some historians hold that the fall of Rome can be attributed to internal decadence.
    • moral degeneration or decay; turpitude.
    • unrestrained or excessive self-indulgence.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/decadence

Parents, who have chosen to be parents, should keep this in mind and heart before they choose to become parents. When and if they bring a human child into this world, they will be bringing in a life into a life which is of 'meats' and of 'excuses and defenses' to be able to eat 'meats'. Practically every human in this world, or the U.S, has their excuses to 'not change' anything they are doing. 'Meats', although not natural, become an addiction to the point of excessive arguments and denials rather than a 'listening and an understanding'. Which 'addicted person' on any 'substance' will admit they are 'addicted'?
    Are you saying that eating meat is immoral? If so, what do you base it on? The Bible? The Quran? Animal-rights activists?

Thread Information