Page 1 of 29 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama and legalizing weed

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks

Obama and legalizing weed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-alcohol.html

Obama did not come out and say that he supported the legalization of pot, but he did say that it was no worse than drinking alcohol......no.....scratch that......he said drinking alcohol is worse. Obama said this while admitting that he once smoked pot.

In one swoop Obama has single handedly destroyed the libertarian movement and made them all dead heads voting for other dead heads.

thQBGJDQHP.jpg
    Last edited by Dos Equis; 01-19-2014 at 10:20 PM.
    1 Samuel 8:18 "And they shall cry out in that day because of your king which you have chosen, and the Lord will not hear you in that day."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dos Equis For This Useful Post:

catfish (01-22-2014),The Sage of Main Street (01-21-2014)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    It'll be legal nationwide in the next few years. There's no stopping it now.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Choom Gang. Obama is a dope.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    It'll be legal nationwide in the next few years. There's no stopping it now.
    I would say you are right. I think there is a method to the madness, however.

Have you ever met a conservative pot head?

Have you ever met a pot head that had a dime to their name, unless the sell the stuff?

Have you ever met a pot head that gave a damn about losing their rights, other than the right to get high?

How many rallies were held in Colorado about the passage of the NDAA taking away their right to due process under the Constitution?

Half of America seems to be high these days. It will make the transition to tyranny that much easier.
    1 Samuel 8:18 "And they shall cry out in that day because of your king which you have chosen, and the Lord will not hear you in that day."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Choom Gang. Obama is a dope.
    th57FMKL70.jpg

Case closed. He is a walking proof.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Equis View Post
    I would say you are right. I think there is a method to the madness, however.

Yes. More than a few.

Have you ever met a pot head that had a dime to their name, unless the sell the stuff?
    Yes. I know one who has turned a small inheritance into a signficant fortune. He doesn't spend much, though. What he doesn't set aside for a long, comfortable retirement he puts into his son's activities. He doesn't smoke much any more.

I know another who is a major political activist as well as a well known skiier, athlete and publisher of a magazine on skiing. I don't know if he ever stops smoking.

Have you ever met a pot head that gave a damn about losing their rights, other than the right to get high?
    Yes. Many.

How many rallies were held in Colorado about the passage of the NDAA taking away their right to due process under the Constitution?
    Google turns up a number of anti NDAA rallies. Maybe you didn't hear about them because you read mostly conservative news, which is overwhelmingly in favor of the destruction of rights if it's for "national security" or part of the war on drugs.
    I've never met a conservative against the NDAA except for what little Obama has to do with it.

Half of America seems to be high these days. It will make the transition to tyranny that much easier.
    People have been getting high for eons. It's part of human nature to seek ways to self-medicate, whether it's through alcohol, or drugs, or television, or sex, or any number of activities intended to numb the pain of living. It's the puritans who still infest this society who hate the idea, which would be fine if they didn't insist that everyone live according to their rules (even when they don't follow those rules themselves.)

As for Obama, he's just trying to soften the Democrat position before the next elections. It's inevitable that pot will be illegal and since Republicans aren't going to get behind it (they hate small government except for some kinds of business, so it's no surprise they would fight it) it will be wise for Democrats to hold the position. Then they can get more authoritarian on other drugs and Republicans will lose that position as well.
    Last edited by BleedingHeadKen; 01-19-2014 at 11:33 PM.
    The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
    -Albert Camus

Away for a while.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BleedingHeadKen For This Useful Post:

countryboy (01-24-2014),The Sage of Main Street (01-21-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHeadKen View Post
    Yes. More than a few.

Yes. I know one who has turned a small inheritance into a signficant fortune. He doesn't spend much, though. What he doesn't set aside for a long, comfortable retirement he puts into his son's activities. He doesn't smoke much any more.

I know another who is a major political activist as well as a well known skiier, athlete and publisher of a magazine on skiing. I don't know if he ever stops smoking.

Yes. Many.

Google turns up a number of anti NDAA rallies. Maybe you didn't hear about them because you read mostly conservative news, which is overwhelmingly in favor of the destruction of rights if it's for "national security" or part of the war on drugs.
    I've never met a conservative against the NDAA except for what little Obama has to do with it.

People have been getting high for eons. It's part of human nature to seek ways to self-medicate, whether it's through alcohol, or drugs, or television, or sex, or any number of activities intended to numb the pain of living. It's the puritans who still infest this society who hate the idea, which would be fine if they didn't insist that everyone live according to their rules (even when they don't follow those rules themselves.)

As for Obama, he's just trying to soften the Democrat position before the next elections. It's inevitable that pot will be illegal and since Republicans aren't going to get behind it (they hate small government except for some kinds of business, so it's no surprise they would fight it) it will be wise for Democrats to hold the position. Then they can get more authoritarian on other drugs and Republicans will lose that position as well.
    Let me just say that I think it possible to smoke pot and be considered "successful". Just look at Mr. Bloomberg.

michael-bloomberg.jpg

For him, smoking pot was fun in his youth, but drinking Biggie Sodas is somehow "bad"?

I've seen too many lives destroyed by it though. I personally think it does nothing but steal your mind and your wallet. Those who are "gifted" as a baseline don't seem to be as effected, but my guess is that it probably hampers their true potential.

I also am aware that I've made sweeping generalizations here that are not true in all cases, but by in large I think they are. Just smoking is bad for your health.

Should people still be allowed to do it? I suppose that is a whole different debate in and of itself.

Thanks
    I think what is needed is to identify "true pot heads" from pretenders.

Sorry, I'll never buy the notion that smoking this stuff is optimal.

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Thanks

Honest answers.

Yes, yes, and yes.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Bondo (01-21-2014),catfish (01-22-2014),countryboy (01-24-2014),Mordent (01-20-2014),wist43 (01-22-2014)

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    th57FMKL70.jpg

Case closed. He is a walking proof.
    Pot didn't make him stupid, evil, a liar, a closet communist. He did all that on his own, with help from his parents, his grandparents, and his mentors.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Bondo (01-21-2014),countryboy (01-24-2014)

Thread Information