User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hope Trinnity and Calypso Jones are doing OKAY..

No Excuses Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    I am southeast of Asheville, NC. It will be here shortly, but just a lot of wind and rain. I'm staying up tonight to see how it goes, and the generator will be up and running if we need it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hairball For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (09-16-2018),Kris P Bacon (09-16-2018),Montana (09-16-2018)

Fossil nut V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 93.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairball View Post
    I am southeast of Asheville, NC. It will be here shortly, but just a lot of wind and rain. I'm staying up tonight to see how it goes, and the generator will be up and running if we need it.
    Have a friend in the western tip of SC. Talked to him before the storm defied early predictions. Will call tomorrow. Bet he got more than he thought but is fine.

He recently sold his house here to retire on 30 acres, partial reason? "Tired of hurricanes"!
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon!
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)
    I propose the term "red henning" henceforth be used to refer to any stupid business decisions.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

Hairball (09-16-2018),Retiredat50 (09-18-2018),Traddles (09-16-2018)

No Excuses Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    We don't normally get much of hurricanes as the mountains break them up. We get backlashes and remainders such as rain and wind.

The western tip of SC will be fine. Remember, if you look at a map, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay inland and realize not a problem as Ivan and all we had before.

Someone is freaking and over-reacting. It is always interesting seeing people freak out without knowledge, without understanding, without the correct source of weather info, without being prepared, and just worrying over nothing.

Western SC is not getting much as we are, plus, it's pretty much a bunch of rain and wind. It petered out.

Don't panic. Life is good. Stay calm. It's just a rain and wind storms and the winds aren't going to bust our houses down unless you have an unsafe house, then I would say you needed to evacuate four days ago.

Common sense, people, common sense. The worst will be power goes out, and make sure your generator has been serviced and ready to roll.

If you do not have a generator, make sure you have alternate stuff going on in case your power goes out as in food which you don't have to cook and gallons of water.

God bless us all.
    Last edited by Hairball; 09-16-2018 at 03:00 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hairball For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (09-16-2018),Kris P Bacon (09-16-2018),Montana (09-16-2018)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairball View Post
    We don't normally get much of hurricanes as the mountains break them up. We get backlashes and remainders such as rain and wind.

The western tip of SC will be fine. Remember, if you look at a map, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay inland and realize not a problem as Ivan and all we had before.

Someone is freaking and over-reacting. It is always interesting seeing people freak out without knowledge, without understanding, without the correct source of weather info, without being prepared, and just worrying over nothing.

Western SC is not getting much as we are, plus, it's pretty much a bunch of rain and wind. It petered out.

Don't panic. Life is good. Stay calm. It's just a rain and wind storms and the winds aren't going to bust our houses down unless you have an unsafe house, then I would say you needed to evacuate four days ago.

Common sense, people, common sense. The worst will be power goes out, and make sure your generator has been serviced and ready to roll.

If you do not have a generator, make sure you have alternate stuff going on in case your power goes out as in food which you don't have to cook and gallons of water.

God bless us all.
    You may get up to 10 inches of rain or more. That can be a problem in then thar hills with mudslides and flash flooding.
    Stay safe. Give it hell.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Hairball (09-18-2018)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    Have a friend in the western tip of SC. Talked to him before the storm defied early predictions. Will call tomorrow. Bet he got more than he thought but is fine.

He recently sold his house here to retire on 30 acres, partial reason? "Tired of hurricanes"!
    Utterly off-topic, but it's funny how people say they would not live in California due to earthquakes. In the 40+ years I've lived in Silicon Valley, we've had one significant quake, the one that interrupted the 1989 World Series. Meanwhile folks in the Plains spend part of every year with their ears glued to radio, listening for tornado alerts. A the Gulf and East Coast have hurricane seasons annually. I realized long ago that every part of the globe has its particular kind of suckage, and people just pick their poisons.

That said, I hope folks here affected by Florence stay safe and are better after recovery than they were before the storm.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Hairball (09-18-2018),Kris P Bacon (09-16-2018)

Thread Information