User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: In Defense of the Christians....

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    Fighting about Religion serves no purpose other than to hurt, anger and cause more hate among people. I spent 15 years at Free Republic and there was a lot of 'arguing' on religious threads there but they were highly moderated. It's always the same people posting them, over and over.

Fighting Christianity is an agenda of the leftists, and in particular - fighting the Catholic Church, and yes there have been some ugly threads here on this Conservative forum. I try my best to stay away.
    I hear ya, but sometimes ya gotta give what ya get.

'turnabout' might not be a Christian thing to do, as taught. But, I've never claimed to be a good Christian.

As far as "Fighting Christianity is an agenda of the leftists,..." - In general that's true. So why all the hate and disrespect from fellow conservatives? Again -
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

potlatch (09-16-2018),usfan (09-16-2018)

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    I think we should give @Quark some respect for his Opening Post.
    If everyone was more respectful in their posts it would be great, but we know it won't happen.
    Yes, but then this thread has turned out to be more about how assumptions are dangerous. No objection from me there.

Thing is that this is apparently related to how faith and assumptions are the same. Kinda true, but - How has having faith in a greater being caused harm?
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

potlatch (09-16-2018),Quark (09-16-2018)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Yes, but then this thread has turned out to be more about how assumptions are dangerous. No objection from me there.

Thing is that this is apparently related to how faith and assumptions are the same. Kinda true, but - How has having faith in a greater being caused harm?
    Well, there have been religious wars through the centuries and each side believes they are the 'true faith'.

And in your other post - "
    sometimes ya gotta give what ya get". I do it by searching and posting material that counters untruths that are said, but sadly I find that they never reply to it, I don't think they even go look at it most of the time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

OldSchool (09-16-2018)

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Well, there have been religious wars through the centuries and each side believes they are the 'true faith'.

And in your other post - "
    sometimes ya gotta give what ya get". I do it by searching and posting material that counters untruths that are said, but sadly I find that they never reply to it, I don't think they even go look at it most of the time.
    True. And again - no respect for others beliefs. And in the big picture of things - does it really matter?

And about - "I do it by searching and posting material that counters untruths that are said, but sadly I find that they never reply to it, I don't think they even go look at it most of the time."

Like you basically said, it's often all for not.

Abraham Lincoln

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

potlatch (09-16-2018)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    True. And again - no respect for others beliefs. And in the big picture of things - does it really matter?

And about - "I do it by searching and posting material that counters untruths that are said, but sadly I find that they never reply to it, I don't think they even go look at it most of the time."

Like you basically said, it's often all for not.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

OldSchool (09-16-2018)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That was the main point of this original Op, Christians assume but at least no one is hurt at least in America today. Engineers and maybe scientists assume and people do die. The Atheist/Agnostic engineers on here tend to give Christians a lot of crap over assuming but then turn around assume themselves. I'm trying to not name names on here to stay out of trouble.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

gregonejeep (09-16-2018),Jim Scott (09-16-2018),OldSchool (09-16-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Many years ago I worked with a co-worker that was, and still is an atheist. He and I were friends and got along great, as I did not push his belief buttons nor did he push mine. I guess one might say we respected each others peculiarities of our opposite beliefs. Or, maybe he just assumed I was nuts for my beliefs and did not care enough one way or the other, to prove his assumption to be a fact.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gregonejeep For This Useful Post:

Quark (09-16-2018)

Thread Information