User Tag List

Thread: 28 ways to use Dawn Liquid to make your life easier

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Thanks

28 ways to use Dawn Liquid to make your life easier

These are great!

https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com...dawn-dish-soap

16. De-Grease Your Tools

After you have finished your automotive repair project, soak your dirty tools in Dawn soap before you put them away to remove all the oil and grime. This also helps prevent rust from forming on the tools.
    17. Pre-Treat Oily Stains on Clothes

For oil-based stains such as lipstick, grease, butter, motor oil, cooking oil, and some pen inks, simply apply some Dawn dish soap directly to the stain and scrub with a small brush or toothbrush until the oil is removed, and then launder as usual.
    Related: How to Make My Ultimate Stain Remover Spray
    18. Non-Toxic Lubricant

Apply Dawn dish soap to sliding glass doors, door knobs, hinges etc. It lasts much longer than any aerosol type spray that I have tried, and it’s non-toxic. It does a great job of cleaning the parts that it’s lubricating as well!

19. Ice Pack

Partially fill a strong zip-type sandwich bag with Dawn dish soap, close and freeze. The liquid soap stays cold much longer and it can be re-frozen many times. It will conform to the place you need an ice pack.

20. Remove Paint and Grease from Hands

Dawn soap combined with corn oil makes for the perfect paint or grease remover. Simply combine a little bit of both in your hands then rub it over affected areas. The corn oil and the dishwashing liquid both help to dissolve the grease and paint – yet leave skin soft, unlike harsher paint removers.

21. Keep Fruit Trees Aphid-Free

Mix two tablespoons Dawn soap to a gallon of water and put in your sprayer. Try to get spray both sides of the leaves, branches and the tree trunks. Let sit for about 15 minutes and then rinse the trees THOROUGHLY!

22. Tub and Shower Cleaner

Take a spray bottle and fill it halfway with white vinegar. Heat in the microwave. Fill the rest of the way with Dawn dish soap. Put lid on and shake to mix well. Spray on your tub and shower walls. Allow to sit for a few minutes and rinse away. It will totally melt all the gunk, slime, sludge and other stuff that builds up including a bathtub ring.

Related: This Powerful Homemade Cleaner Will Clean Your Shower in No Time

23. Repel Ants

Spray counter-tops, cupboards and any other area where you see ants with a solution of Dawn soap and water. Wipe dry. The slight soapy residue that remains will not be a problem at all for kids or pets, but ants hate it. Should you see a trail of ants, go ahead and hit them with the Dawn soap spray.

24. Stripping Cloth Diapers

Add a tiny squirt of original Dawn dish soap to your washer and run a hot wash, then rinse until there are no more bubbles. (Be careful not to overdo it with the soap, we don’t want any sudsy flooding incidents!) Dawn is a degreasing agent and helps to strip cloth diapers by removing oily residue. Be sure to rinse, rinse, rinse until the water runs clear!

25. Unclogging Toilets (careful with this one)

Clear out a clogged toilet by pouring a cup or so of Dawn dish soap into the toilet bowl, and allow it to sit for 15 minutes. Follow with a bucket of hot water poured from waist height, and your toilet should be clog-free!

Related: Unclog Your Toilets with This Secret Plumber’s Trick

26. Oily Skin Cleanser

Dawn dish soap makes a surprisingly great facial cleanser for oily skin. A drop or two combined with warm water will do the trick.

27. Shower Floors

Cover greasy footprints on shower floors with a coating of Dawn soap; let sit overnight. Scrub away the gunk in the morning with a stiff brush.

28. And Finally…

Here’s a brilliant idea! Need a hostess gift when visiting friends and family? Print off this post and include it with a bottle of Dawn dish soap! Talk about USEFUL ! :-)
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 09-12-2018 at 04:47 AM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Dave37 (09-17-2018),Garden House Queen (09-12-2018),HawkTheSlayer (09-12-2018),Madison (09-21-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    I once had a professional window washer tell me the ultimate window wash solution. It had Dawn in the recipe. I used it one time and my windows sparkled like jewels!

There were a couple other ingredients in the solution but I have since forgotten them. Iwish I could remember the solution.

Forgive me for I am a guy who's memory is as long as his . ..

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (09-12-2018),Madison (09-21-2018)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Thanks
    @Rickity Plumber 5. Sparkling Windows

Try this recipe from Merry Maids: mix 3 drops Dawn dish soap in 1 gallon of water and fill a spray bottle with the solution. Spray and wipe as you would with any window cleaner
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Madison (09-21-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Washing your tools is ok but be sure they're dry if you want to prevent rust.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    This is the only soap for dishes that I buy! AWSOME job!
    We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

Lets have a drink lol "America so beautiful" makes me cry because it would be really beautiful without Islam!

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

Thread Information