User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attn BBQ "lovers"..

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    I knew right after I wrote that, that you would take it the wrong way!!!!It took a few days though for you to read that. Lolz
    I've been busy and slippin' lately.

Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (08-13-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    My Oyster Sauce BBQ chicken:

Wash your bird pretty good. (Dirty minds!) Rub it all over with Oyster Sauce. (The chicken, I mean...) Put the birdie, breast-side down in a covered pan on a 1" bed of thickly sliced red onions. Pour a glass of water into the pan...up to the onion tops. Don't soak the Roadrunner. I have a four burner BBQ. Turn the two end burners on full...set the boid in the middle. 1.5 hours later, turn it over...slit the leg joints close to the body so they sorta lean way out...pour more OS in there...and cover the bird, again. You can drape bacon over it at this point. Cook it another hour. Turn the gas off...let it stay in there another ten or fifteen minutes as it cools off.

Put sourdough garlic bread in the rack five minutes before you turn the gas off...and leave it in there with the cooling bird.

Oh, yeah...Heinekens. Maybe Becks. And, use a beer glass, you savages.
    Sounds delicious. Mind if I use that? Oh, and maybe a St. Pauli Girl.
    Hey, you know what may make it cook more evenly. Spatchcock. I do it with all my birds, no matter what kind. You take a pair of Kitchen Shears and remove the spine. Turn it breast side up, and push fairly hard on the breast with both hands. The breast will then lay flat. This helps by allowing the whites and dark meats cook at the same rate. I turn the breast AWAY from the heat source, so the dark meat cooks faster. When I do it right, the white meat is done(165 F)just as the dark meat hits 180 F.
    You can also get the Oyster sauce on the cavity side, making a better seasoned bird.
    If not interested, I understand. Videos of spatchcocking online, everywhere.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Thanks
    I'll share two barbecue Secrets I've learned over the years:

1. Hoisin sauce (that Chinese stuff - it's like a plum jam)

2. Orange marmalade - try a little of this on the tri-tip next time

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    I'll share two barbecue Secrets I've learned over the years:

1. Hoisin sauce (that Chinese stuff - it's like a plum jam)

2. Orange marmalade - try a little of this on the tri-tip next time
    I know about Hoisin Sauce. Orange marmalade is something I have not tried, though I use various Jams in my Q sauce. Not a big fan of sweet beef.
    Now, Root Beer, and Clam juice.
    I use Root Beer when I wrap pork Shoulders. Clam juice replaces SALT in my injections. Salt will dry meat out, but clam juice gives you a salty flavor profile, without pulling water out of the meat.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    Sounds delicious. Mind if I use that? Oh, and maybe a St. Pauli Girl.
    Hey, you know what may make it cook more evenly. Spatchcock. I do it with all my birds, no matter what kind. You take a pair of Kitchen Shears and remove the spine. Turn it breast side up, and push fairly hard on the breast with both hands. The breast will then lay flat. This helps by allowing the whites and dark meats cook at the same rate. I turn the breast AWAY from the heat source, so the dark meat cooks faster. When I do it right, the white meat is done(165 F)just as the dark meat hits 180 F.
    You can also get the Oyster sauce on the cavity side, making a better seasoned bird.
    If not interested, I understand. Videos of spatchcocking online, everywhere.
    It won't burn if the flames aren't under the bird...and, why I turn on the far burners...and...put all that onion under it.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Thread Information