User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Facebook is for FOOLS

Fossil nut V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class3 months registered
    Awards:
    Activity AwardKing of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    I set up a fictional account specifically to troll Antifa and other libs.
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100027770719941

LOL, they blocked me, good luck doxing me!
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)
    I propose the term "red henning" henceforth be used to refer to any stupid business decisions.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

Kodiak (08-09-2018),Louise (08-10-2018)

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    Oh yeah, sorry. I see that now. No wonder the head scratch then.

Apologies.
    No worries, your response had me baffled until I went back and read the post.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Canadianeye (08-09-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Nothing to really scratch your head about. I've read enough from 2cent over the years to know she pretty much says what she means, and means what she says..."like clicks" or "no like clicks" doesn't matter. I think she understood that, so now you understand too.

I don't do FB. I have a dummy FB, with a fake name, but don't even use that. I had one that one of my ex's set up. Never went on it. Didn't care. Hell...I think email is kind of pain in the ass, and too much texting I have to engage in, gets annoying REAL fast as well to me.

I call people for the most part. Some people you just have to text with in business. I think I have one business aquaintance that shows about 6,000 texts with, in the last couple of years with this phone. /shrug...can't avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    The head scratching was because you quoted me on post #18 @Canadianeye not 2cent.
    Oh yeah, sorry. I see that now. No wonder the head scratch then.

Apologies.
    Ahh. So glad to see that cleared up. And, if you don't mind my saying so, @Canadianeye, coming from you saying, "She says what she means, and means what she says," I'll take as quite the compliment.
    Thank you.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    Each time I see rants about Facebook I wonder if the person posting has ever even belonged to facebook. If they haven't then they should just shut up.

Women and many men enjoy it. I've belonged for 10 or 15years and have NEVER had a single problem and I am very political. Hillary, Obama, illegals, muslims - I post the bad stuff with no problems. Some friends may not like it but they can just scroll right by just like we do on the forum.

I have my kids, extended family, high school friends, friends from old forums, family from far off states and distant friends as 'my friends' on facebook - and I can see their news and post my news to them every day. I keep my number of 'friends' very small, I am not a 'gatherer' just for the number count.

Does anyone think I would make a phone call or send an email to 15 or 20 people when I can post it on facebook and all of them can see it there and respond to it? There is also a chat box for more private talk. I send more personal news to people in individual email.

So, I'm there for family and friends and I do not 'join up' to any politicians sites. That's how people get into ugly arguments. I don't post anything I wouldn't want others to know about and I've never had facebook bother me about anything.

And a 'dopamine' high from clicks....['thanks']. That's a laugh. Does anyone get a dopamine high from getting a 'thanks' here on the forum?
    @potlatch, I did belong to FB. It was after I got out, that someone sent me something someone else had to say about me - a lie, and for all the world to see - that destroyed what I thought was a friendship.
    Albeit, the friendship was never there, but, as a result, I haven't seen 3 of my grandchildren in years - all due to my calling her out on lies she was spreading about me.

Keep in mind, not everyone is as careful about what they put to print as you are.

But, jftr, I do 'mass mail' my in-laws letters via email, something I never dreamed I'd do. Other than that, anything I have to share with anyone is on a one-on-one basis; either by phone, or email. I dunno. I guess I'm old school that way.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

potlatch (08-10-2018)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    @potlatch, I did belong to FB. It was after I got out, that someone sent me something someone else had to say about me - a lie, and for all the world to see - that destroyed what I thought was a friendship.
    Albeit, the friendship was never there, but, as a result, I haven't seen 3 of my grandchildren in years - all due to my calling her out on lies she was spreading about me.

Keep in mind, not everyone is as careful about what they put to print as you are.

But, jftr, I do 'mass mail' my in-laws letters via email, something I never dreamed I'd do. Other than that, anything I have to share with anyone is on a one-on-one basis; either by phone, or email. I dunno. I guess I'm old school that way.
    2cent, for me, Facebook is like gossip on steroids. I've had things forwarded to me that were about me that had been posted on Facebook.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post

I'm sorry to read what happened to you 2cent. That was very cruel, but it was an individual [or individuals] who did that to you and not the fault of Facebook! Horrible that you lost contact with your grandchildren because of mean people. I've never had anything bad happen and I do not accept any friends who I do not know well.

Here are some things I've learned through reading and talking to my kids and grandkids. Young people don't use Facebook much anymore and they don't use email much either. They text. Sometimes I can email and never get a reply, but I can text a 'short blurb' and get a quick reply. I sometimes forget to check email for a week because of that.

Here are some things I've read on the thread that make me shake my head.... like;

Facebook users are basement dwellers. [I'm very happy in my two story, 9 room fancy basement...]
    Facebook users like it for that endorphin high you get from 'clicks'... [don't give these people any 'thanks' here on the forum, lol, it will overwhelm them!
    Facebook sends too much spam in email... [You control all of that by going to settings and turning things OFF]

And lastly - about Facebook warning or banning people because of what they posted; If you want to get in trouble you can easily do it by going to other people's political sites and start ranting nasty stuff or posting nasty graphics. Facebook is what we make it. I continually post anti liberal stuff on 'my page' with never a problem.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Facebook is fine. It is Social Media, not Political Media. I see exactly what I want to see there because I have used the tools I am given to keep what I want to see and reject what I don't want to see. I can keep friends but unfollow them if they continually post political things that I don't like -- or nasty pictures -- or pictures of animals being abused -- or anything else I want to reject.

So far I haven't been disappointed in FB because I have learned how to work it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

potlatch (08-10-2018)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Each time I see rants about Facebook I wonder if the person posting has ever even belonged to facebook. If they haven't then they should just shut up.

Women and many men enjoy it. I've belonged for 10 or 15years and have NEVER had a single problem and I am very political. Hillary, Obama, illegals, muslims - I post the bad stuff with no problems. Some friends may not like it but they can just scroll right by just like we do on the forum.

I have my kids, extended family, high school friends, friends from old forums, family from far off states and distant friends as 'my friends' on facebook - and I can see their news and post my news to them every day. I keep my number of 'friends' very small, I am not a 'gatherer' just for the number count.

Does anyone think I would make a phone call or send an email to 15 or 20 people when I can post it on facebook and all of them can see it there and respond to it? There is also a chat box for more private talk. I send more personal news to people in individual email.

So, I'm there for family and friends and I do not 'join up' to any politicians sites. That's how people get into ugly arguments. I don't post anything I wouldn't want others to know about and I've never had facebook bother me about anything.

And a 'dopamine' high from clicks....['thanks']. That's a laugh. Does anyone get a dopamine high from getting a 'thanks' here on the forum?
    Perfectly stated, @potlatch. And I agree.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

potlatch (08-10-2018)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Overall activity: 88.0%

Thanks
    I use it for 1 thing. Every Sunday I cook for usually 15 family members so I send out the menu and ask who will be attending because I purchase appropriately. That is my 1 and only use for facebook...my wife however would have a stroke if she lost her phone and couldn't read mountains of garbage or watch stupid videos, but that's her thing, not mine.

I am so sick and tired of the shit that goes on in today's Politically Correct World.
    Coolwalker

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    I'm sorry to read what happened to you 2cent. That was very cruel, but it was an individual [or individuals] who did that to you and not the fault of Facebook! Horrible that you lost contact with your grandchildren because of mean people. I've never had anything bad happen and I do not accept any friends who I do not know well.

Here are some things I've learned through reading and talking to my kids and grandkids. Young people don't use Facebook much anymore and they don't use email much either. They text. Sometimes I can email and never get a reply, but I can text a 'short blurb' and get a quick reply. I sometimes forget to check email for a week because of that.

Here are some things I've read on the thread that make me shake my head.... like;

Facebook users are basement dwellers. [I'm very happy in my two story, 9 room fancy basement...]
    Facebook users like it for that endorphin high you get from 'clicks'... [don't give these people any 'thanks' here on the forum, lol, it will overwhelm them!
    Facebook sends too much spam in email... [You control all of that by going to settings and turning things OFF]

And lastly - about Facebook warning or banning people because of what they posted; If you want to get in trouble you can easily do it by going to other people's political sites and start ranting nasty stuff or posting nasty graphics. Facebook is what we make it. I continually post anti liberal stuff on 'my page' with never a problem.

Thank you again, @potlatch. Facebook is exactly what we make it. I have friends in 7 time zones - I will never see many of those friends again, but I love them and can visit them through Facebook. I control my FB feed and get exactly what I want to see.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

potlatch (08-10-2018)

Thread Information