Thread: 'We really are their last resort':

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entrySocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

'We really are their last resort':

A look behind the scenes at the White House VA hotline
    Here in a small West Virginia town, 74 miles from the White House, a Donald Trump campaign promise is being fulfilled. He told the country's 20 million veterans that if they had an issue with the Department of Veterans Affairs, there would be a number they could call 24 hours a day to talk to a real person.
    I donít quite know how to react after reading this article and the one linked to. Itís supposed to be the White House VA Hotline but it seems to be quite distant, behind another layer of bureaucracy. Over 100,000 calls since June 2017. Hereís the claim of what it does:
    A VA spokesman said 21 full-time employees are responsible for the hotline's cases. Since Oct. 15, when the hotline became 24 hours a day, 89 percent of the cases marked for further action have been resolved, the spokesman said.
    If thatís the truth, it would appear to be worth the millions spent to keep it going. I just wonder if the unresolved cases actually go to the president.
    Much more @ https://www.stripes.com/news/we-real...tline-1.541239
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - rambling and musing about military life.

I proudly voted for President Trump!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sargentodiaz For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (08-06-2018),Old Ridge Runner (08-06-2018),RMNIXON (08-06-2018),Rutabaga (08-06-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Shepardstown is a quaint and cozy little mid 19th century town rich in Civil War history nestled in the moutains of the Eastern panhandle.Been there a few times.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (08-06-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post

A look behind the scenes at the White House VA hotline
    Here in a small West Virginia town, 74 miles from the White House, a Donald Trump campaign promise is being fulfilled. He told the country's 20 million veterans that if they had an issue with the Department of Veterans Affairs, there would be a number they could call 24 hours a day to talk to a real person.
    I don’t quite know how to react after reading this article and the one linked to. It’s supposed to be the White House VA Hotline but it seems to be quite distant, behind another layer of bureaucracy. Over 100,000 calls since June 2017. Here’s the claim of what it does:
    A VA spokesman said 21 full-time employees are responsible for the hotline's cases. Since Oct. 15, when the hotline became 24 hours a day, 89 percent of the cases marked for further action have been resolved, the spokesman said.
    If that’s the truth, it would appear to be worth the millions spent to keep it going. I just wonder if the unresolved cases actually go to the president.
    Much more @ https://www.stripes.com/news/we-real...tline-1.541239
    Quite a few W.V. residents commute to the D.C. area to work on a daily basis.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The VA problem will not be solved overnight, but unlike others Trump is doing something and making an enemy of lifetime Bureaucrats!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

sargentodiaz (08-06-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My daughter in law, retired from the Navy had to wait 18 months to get in to get a problem in her ears fixed in 2014 or 15, I don't recall exactly.

Thread Information