Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Obama Administration

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    --I will give him credit for that. Even though the banking industry would always come back, at least we did not have massive bank failures. I even appreciated his attempts to keep the same greedy investors who drove the world economy off a cliff, from receiving multi-million dollar bonuses, after Taxpayers bailed them out!

--HELPED. He HELPED the American Auto Industry. It did not need "saving....."

--True. With other people's money. But, he did get that done...

--As I am not Liberal, I do not see surrender as "success...."

--Not really. He scribbled some Red Lines in the Desert, and, ironically, the RUSSIANS came in to save the day, and defeat ISIS....

--Oh yea. He is like the Neville Chamberlain of the 21st Century!

--True. He "presided" over it, as he was President at the time, even though, he fought them all the way.....

--AND, since Trump has taken office, the Unemployment rate has dropped to 3.9%, with Black/Hispanic Employment at historic highs....
    Do you say Obama's strategy did not empower the Iraqi army to retake most of ISIS's gains. You do know that by the time Trump took office Mosul was half taken and ISIS was reduced to a shell in the other half. Trump came in at a time when ISIS was near collapse and finished the job. I do wish it could have happened a few months earlier but facts are facts.

Ford testified that it GM and Chrysler would have gone under. That is the US auto industry. They are still around. Japan saved Toyota and Honda. Those are not American companies. The myth that a realing auto industry would have bought their plants was just that a myth. Had Obama and the Democrats not done what they did, had they acted like Coolidge and Hoover we would have had another Great Depression, maybe worse then the first because of the amount of private debt.

Yes, Trump has presided over a small drop in unemployment.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Do you say Obama's strategy did not empower the Iraqi army to retake most of ISIS's gains.
    --Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. It was what both Russia, American, Iran, Turkey, and Syria did, not neccessarily working together, that drove ISIS down. Not Glorious Organizer. (OH, and, I kinda give the credit to the Joint Chiefs, and the Special Forces on the ground.....)

You do know that by the time Trump took office Mosul was half taken and ISIS was reduced to a shell in the other half.
    --Yes. You do remember that before Obie, there was no ISIS. Remember, they were just a "JV team," right?

Trump came in at a time when ISIS was near collapse and finished the job. I do wish it could have happened a few months earlier but facts are facts.
    --I don't give Trump credit for destroying ISIS either. But, I am not as invested in polishing turd legacies as you are....

Ford testified that it GM and Chrysler would have gone under. That is the US auto industry. They are still around. Japan saved Toyota and Honda. Those are not American companies. The myth that a realing auto industry would have bought their plants was just that a myth.
    --To take a line from my buddy, Pete: "That don' make NO sense...."

Had Obama and the Democrats not done what they did, had they acted like Coolidge and Hoover we would have had another Great Depression, maybe worse then the first because of the amount of private debt.

--The above is nothing more than a "what might have been," based entirely on personal opinion, viewed through partisan blinders.

Yes, Trump has presided over a small drop in unemployment.

--It must just tear you up, that in the span of just two years, the Orange Carnival Barker has proven to be so, so much more adept at being President, than Glorious Organizer......
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLafollet View Post
    China is buying a lot of Iranian Oil. Probably will buy more because of the trade war between the US and China. Also the number of cars in China is growing rapidly.

All the other signers to the Iran nuke deal think Iran isn't making nukes and want to keep the deal going. Russia and China have, of course, rejected sanctions. The EU also opposes them.

We never financed ISIS. Think about it before Trump was elected we drove ISIS out of Faluga and had retaken half of Mosul. McCain may have though the ISIS people were great guys.

When a state keeps $7.50 as the minimum wage a lot of people need food stamps to live. It is becoming a subsidy to business that lets them pay low wages.
    Of course China is buying Iranian oil and yes, China has a lot of cars. And the grass is green and the sky is blue, but whatís that got to do with anything?

Russia and China donít care what Iran does, theyíre not using politics to trade.

The arms that ISIS got came straight from the US, which was financing the forces opposing Assad. ISIS was one of those forces so itís hardly surprising. The US was well and truly bogged down in Syria because it was playing one side off against the other.

I donít know how much $7.5 purchases, probably not a lot. Are you saying people are starving on $7.5 or just you think they should get more? If you double the minimum wage stand by for your cost of living going up because everyone else will want more too.
    "Verbal waterboarding" - Stimulating the cerebral cortex and producing prolonged periods of mirth. Chop. P, Chops Encyclopedia of Knowledge, 2018, TPF Edition.

My Blog: "Change My World"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pork Chop For This Useful Post:

NORAD (08-10-2018)

Thread Information