User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Liquid water lake found on Mars

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 71.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehoshaphat View Post
    Just waiting for the response from the experts that may or may not know how the instruments work. Based on the article they don't seem to know either. If they did know for sure, maybe they would have been able to explain it better than that article. I am not agreeing with, or disagreeing about the possibility they found something, I don't know, and really don't care.
    Let me help you:

Spectrophotometry - Chemistry LibreTexts

You see they KNOW for a 100% fact that there is water (H2O) on mars, what they can only guess is, if it is in liquid form somewhere under the ground or under thick ice. So you see your anti-science stance (Which I assume must come from your belief in religion, which requires you to try to find fault in science at all costs) is really just a case of self-inflicted ignorance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Quark (08-10-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    Great, if I'm ever on Mars I can get a drink. That and 5 dollars gets me a cup of coffee.

What do you call a basement full of Democrats?
    A Whine Cellar!

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    Let me help you:

Spectrophotometry - Chemistry LibreTexts

You see they KNOW for a 100% fact that there is water (H2O) on mars, what they can only guess is, if it is in liquid form somewhere under the ground or under thick ice. So you see your anti-science stance (Which I assume must come from your belief in religion, which requires you to try to find fault in science at all costs) is really just a case of self-inflicted ignorance.
    Pretty dense to say I have a self inflicted ignorance when I have NOT said they did not find water, but that the article is my question. Apparently your liberal biases leave you with the need to attack, for something I did not bring in to question. Unless it was my reference to fake and misleading reports used in other instances, which I stand by. I never thought of it as a religious debate but it seems to be important to you and your religious beliefs.

I don't follow this stuff, but I thought they had declared that water was found on Mars a long time ago
    Last edited by Jehoshaphat; 08-11-2018 at 12:17 AM.

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    You've already established you don't have a clue.

It's unnecessary to do it again.
    And you have established you don't have a clue about what I was trying to point out. Thought I had dumbed it down enough for any one to understand, but it looks like I was wrong about that.

50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 71.0%

Thanks
    Pretty dense to say I have a self inflicted ignorance when I have NOT said they did not find water, but that the article is my question. Apparently your liberal biases leave you with the need to attack, for something I did not bring in to question. Unless it was my reference to fake and misleading reports used in other instances, which I stand by. I never thought of it as a religious debate but it seems to be important to you and your religious beliefs.

I don't follow this stuff, but I thought they had declared that water was found on Mars a long time ago
    My apologies then.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Jehoshaphat (08-13-2018)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This was LIQUID water, not water ice.

It's unlikely that crystalline water can be used to sustain life, it doesn't act as a solvent in that state.

Liquid water, even water heavily dosed with salts, is an entirely different story.

And liquid water and ice behave differently under radar.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And you have established you don't have a clue about what I was trying to point out. Thought I had dumbed it down enough for any one to understand, but it looks like I was wrong about that.
    Yes, I do.

You were pointing out that you didn't have a clue how the instruments worked and believed that because you didn't know then clearly the engineers building them and the scientists using them couldn't possibly know, either.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

Jehoshaphat (08-13-2018)

Thread Information