User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Liquid water lake found on Mars

  1. #41
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 99.6%

    Morning Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,774
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked: 7,729
    Rep Power
    15777840
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehoshaphat View Post
    Just waiting for the response from the experts that may or may not know how the instruments work. Based on the article they don't seem to know either. If they did know for sure, maybe they would have been able to explain it better than that article. I am not agreeing with, or disagreeing about the possibility they found something, I don't know, and really don't care.
    Let me help you:

    Spectrophotometry - Chemistry LibreTexts

    You see they KNOW for a 100% fact that there is water (H2O) on mars, what they can only guess is, if it is in liquid form somewhere under the ground or under thick ice. So you see your anti-science stance (Which I assume must come from your belief in religion, which requires you to try to find fault in science at all costs) is really just a case of self-inflicted ignorance.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

    Quark (08-10-2018)

  3. #42
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Overall activity: 79.0%

    Coolwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Posts
    30,089
    Thanks
    16,130
    Thanked: 23,867
    Rep Power
    21474872
    Great, if I'm ever on Mars I can get a drink. That and 5 dollars gets me a cup of coffee.

    The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

  4. #43
    V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Jehoshaphat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,170
    Thanks
    1,445
    Thanked: 1,802
    Rep Power
    21474843
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    Let me help you:

    Spectrophotometry - Chemistry LibreTexts

    You see they KNOW for a 100% fact that there is water (H2O) on mars, what they can only guess is, if it is in liquid form somewhere under the ground or under thick ice. So you see your anti-science stance (Which I assume must come from your belief in religion, which requires you to try to find fault in science at all costs) is really just a case of self-inflicted ignorance.
    Pretty dense to say I have a self inflicted ignorance when I have NOT said they did not find water, but that the article is my question. Apparently your liberal biases leave you with the need to attack, for something I did not bring in to question. Unless it was my reference to fake and misleading reports used in other instances, which I stand by. I never thought of it as a religious debate but it seems to be important to you and your religious beliefs.

    I don't follow this stuff, but I thought they had declared that water was found on Mars a long time ago
    Last edited by Jehoshaphat; 08-10-2018 at 11:17 PM.

  5. #44
    V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Jehoshaphat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,170
    Thanks
    1,445
    Thanked: 1,802
    Rep Power
    21474843
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    You've already established you don't have a clue.

    It's unnecessary to do it again.
    And you have established you don't have a clue about what I was trying to point out. Thought I had dumbed it down enough for any one to understand, but it looks like I was wrong about that.

  6. #45
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 99.6%

    Morning Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,774
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked: 7,729
    Rep Power
    15777840
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehoshaphat View Post
    Pretty dense to say I have a self inflicted ignorance when I have NOT said they did not find water, but that the article is my question. Apparently your liberal biases leave you with the need to attack, for something I did not bring in to question. Unless it was my reference to fake and misleading reports used in other instances, which I stand by. I never thought of it as a religious debate but it seems to be important to you and your religious beliefs.

    I don't follow this stuff, but I thought they had declared that water was found on Mars a long time ago
    My apologies then.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

    Jehoshaphat (08-13-2018)

  8. #46
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 60.0%

    Sled Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,758
    Thanks
    7,895
    Thanked: 23,652
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    21474879
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehoshaphat View Post
    Pretty dense to say I have a self inflicted ignorance when I have NOT said they did not find water, but that the article is my question. Apparently your liberal biases leave you with the need to attack, for something I did not bring in to question. Unless it was my reference to fake and misleading reports used in other instances, which I stand by. I never thought of it as a religious debate but it seems to be important to you and your religious beliefs.

    I don't follow this stuff, but I thought they had declared that water was found on Mars a long time ago
    This was LIQUID water, not water ice.

    It's unlikely that crystalline water can be used to sustain life, it doesn't act as a solvent in that state.

    Liquid water, even water heavily dosed with salts, is an entirely different story.

    And liquid water and ice behave differently under radar.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

    Trump has been President for 537 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

    LBJ was a Democrat. I wish more Democrats could be like him. He's dead now.

  9. #47
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 60.0%

    Sled Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,758
    Thanks
    7,895
    Thanked: 23,652
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    21474879
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehoshaphat View Post
    And you have established you don't have a clue about what I was trying to point out. Thought I had dumbed it down enough for any one to understand, but it looks like I was wrong about that.
    Yes, I do.

    You were pointing out that you didn't have a clue how the instruments worked and believed that because you didn't know then clearly the engineers building them and the scientists using them couldn't possibly know, either.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

    Trump has been President for 537 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

    LBJ was a Democrat. I wish more Democrats could be like him. He's dead now.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

    Jehoshaphat (08-13-2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •