User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 160

Thread: Trump at NATO

  1. #21
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    TPP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    500
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked: 49
    Rep Power
    116284
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    Insignificant.
    So you could make up all that shortfall and supply Europe's needs as well. Ya sure.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    TPP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    500
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked: 49
    Rep Power
    116284
    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Put down the crack pipe. America is a net energy exporter. And we have huge reserves of oil that simply require slightly more expensive fracking techniques. Maroon.
    Nope. In 2017 you imported 10.8 million barrels a day and you exported 6.34 barrels a day. Some of that imported oil was refined and exported again for a net import of 3.73 barrels a day.

    BTW, the pipeline Nord Stream 2 that Trump is all sweaty about is actually a gas pipeline that really doesn't change anything for Germany, other than it goes direct from Russia to Germany instead of going through Ukraine and Poland.
    Last edited by TPP; 07-11-2018 at 05:59 PM.

  3. #23
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    Pork Chop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    SE Asia
    Posts
    1,940
    Thanks
    472
    Thanked: 2,204
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    20483014
    The days of paying for protection in Europe are coming to an end. Russia is no longer a threat, despite the hype of needing more bases because they might invade any minute and few are willing to further bankrupt themselves by being forced to buy American weaponry that goes with the protection. The threats against Turkey and India of trade wars or sanctions if they donít buy from America isnít working and neither threats of trade wars or sanctions if Europe doesnít buy overpriced American gas.

    This is what happens when you start trade wars. Europe will choose reliance on Russian oil because itís nearer and cheaper and not buy from the other side of the world because it benefits one country.
    Last edited by Pork Chop; 07-11-2018 at 05:56 PM.
    "Verbal waterboarding" - Stimulating the cerebral cortex and producing prolonged periods of mirth. Chop. P, Chops Encyclopedia of Knowledge, 2018, TPF Edition.

    My Blog: "Change My World"

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pork Chop For This Useful Post:

    Morning Star (07-11-2018)

  5. #24
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 44.0%

    Morning Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    10,967
    Thanks
    3,108
    Thanked: 11,446
    Rep Power
    18999113
    Quote Originally Posted by TPP View Post
    So you could make up all that shortfall and supply Europe's needs as well. Ya sure.
    Europe can get it's own oil.

  6. #25
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 16.0%

    What'sThat?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Frisco Texas
    Posts
    1,014
    Thanks
    492
    Thanked: 1,494
    Rep Power
    2791749
    Quote Originally Posted by TPP View Post
    Wow, that's intelligent. If Canada and Mexico turned off the oil and gas taps, you would be screwed. I doubt it would ever happen but Trump seems intent on destroying the goodwill that has existed between our countries.

    Why do you think Trump is pressuring OPEC so hard to increase production?
    Any intelligent person knows that we are the Saudi of Natural Gas......and soon in oil.

    Also.........Germanys GDP is more than double that of Russia.......if Russia can afford to threaten all of Europe....Germany can afford to defend themselves.

    Germany pays around 1% of their GDP to Nato while the US 4%. So while we are paying to protect them.....they are importing as many refugees they can and paying to support them and their other Liberal causes.

    The United States has been the world's largest producer of natural gas since 2009, when it surpassed Russia. In 2012, the United States produced 25.3 trillion cubic feet of marketed natural gas, with an average wellhead value of $2.66 per thousand cubic feet, for a total wellhead value of $67.3 billion.
    In 2013, the country produced 30.0 trillion cubic feet (TCF) of marketed gas.

    The leading gas-producing area in the United States in 2013 was Texas (7,545 Billion cubic feet (BCF), followed by Pennsylvania (3,259 BCF), and Louisiana (2,407 BCF).


    US Natural gas production achieved new record highs for each year from 2011 through 2015. Marketed natural gas production in 2015 was 28.8 trillion cubic feet, a 5.4% increase over 2014, and a 52% increase over the production of 18.9 trillion cubic feet per day in 2005.


    The natural gas industry includes exploration for, production, processing, transportation, storage, and marketing of natural gas and natural gas liquids.


    The exploration for and production of natural gas and petroleum form a single industry, and many wells produce both oil and gas.

    Natural gas in the United States - Wikipedia
    Last edited by What'sThat?; 07-11-2018 at 06:06 PM.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to What'sThat? For This Useful Post:

    2cent (07-11-2018),Jim Scott (07-11-2018),Northern Rivers (07-11-2018)

  8. #26
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    TPP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    500
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked: 49
    Rep Power
    116284
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    Europe can get it's own oil.

    That's what they are doing. Trump doesn't like it.

  9. #27
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

    TPP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    500
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked: 49
    Rep Power
    116284
    Quote Originally Posted by What'sThat? View Post
    Any intelligent person knows that we are the Saudi of Natural Gas......and soon in oil.

    Also.........Germanys GDP is more than double that of Russia.......if Russia can afford to threaten all of Europe....Germany can afford to defend themselves.

    Germany pays around 1% of their GDP to Nato while the US 4%. So while we are paying to protect them.....they are importing as many refugees they can and paying to support them and their other Liberal causes.

    The United States has been the world's largest producer of natural gas since 2009, when it surpassed Russia. In 2012, the United States produced 25.3 trillion cubic feet of marketed natural gas, with an average wellhead value of $2.66 per thousand cubic feet, for a total wellhead value of $67.3 billion.
    In 2013, the country produced 30.0 trillion cubic feet (TCF) of marketed gas.

    The leading gas-producing area in the United States in 2013 was Texas (7,545 Billion cubic feet (BCF), followed by Pennsylvania (3,259 BCF), and Louisiana (2,407 BCF).


    US Natural gas production achieved new record highs for each year from 2011 through 2015. Marketed natural gas production in 2015 was 28.8 trillion cubic feet, a 5.4% increase over 2014, and a 52% increase over the production of 18.9 trillion cubic feet per day in 2005.


    The natural gas industry includes exploration for, production, processing, transportation, storage, and marketing of natural gas and natural gas liquids.


    The exploration for and production of natural gas and petroleum form a single industry, and many wells produce both oil and gas.

    Natural gas in the United States - Wikipedia
    Gas comes and goes and yes the US does produce as much as it consumes, however the infrastructure and economics make it more practical to import as well.
    https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/hist/n9102cn2a.htm



    The US puts 3.57% of its GDP toward defence, not towards NATO. 4% is another BS Trump number as is the European trade deficit which is 101 billion, not the 151 billion he claims. The US actually pays 22% of NATO operating costs. As a matter of fact, much of America's European presence is in support of its operations in the Middle East, Africa and Afghanistan. Ramstein AFB is also a major drone control centre for operations in Pakistan, Afghanistan Yemen and Somalia. Nothing to do with NATO.
    Last edited by TPP; 07-11-2018 at 06:32 PM.

  10. #28
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 31.0%

    Daily Bread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    On the beach - fishing
    Posts
    20,847
    Thanks
    30,872
    Thanked: 25,792
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Can anybody say "FahrvergnŁgen"

    "I am #MamaBear. Anyone threatens my sons and I'll eat them for lunch."
    ​Trinnity

  11. #29
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 16.0%

    What'sThat?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Frisco Texas
    Posts
    1,014
    Thanks
    492
    Thanked: 1,494
    Rep Power
    2791749
    Quote Originally Posted by TPP View Post
    Gas comes and goes and yes the US does produce as much as it consumes, however the infrastructure and economics make it more practical to import as well.
    https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/hist/n9102cn2a.htm
    Yea....Natural Gas goes when Libs are running the country with their anti Fossil fuels Bullchit. Also...there are regulations and restrictions on our ability to ex[port Natural Gas.

    WE are drowning in Natural gas and dont need such from Canada or Mexico.

    And as to your statement Trump is talking big........let me remind you Obama and Bush complained about a lack of EU spending on NATO. Trump is not "talking big" ....Trump is talking for the American people.

    So tell us TPP.......if Germany's GDP is far bigger than that of Russia.......why must we pay the vast majority of the cost to defend Germany from Russia? While Germany gives Russia control of 70% of Germanys Natural Gas needs. Have you already forgotten the Russia cut off the Natural Gas to others when in dispute....and used it as a weapon?

    WE rebuilt Germany and defended them for over 70 years......time for Germany to pay their share.

    Thank you Trump for not being the snowflake Obama was on this issue

  12. #30
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 16.0%

    What'sThat?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Frisco Texas
    Posts
    1,014
    Thanks
    492
    Thanked: 1,494
    Rep Power
    2791749
    Quote Originally Posted by TPP View Post

    The US puts 3.57% of its GDP toward defence, not towards NATO. 4% is another BS Trump number as is the European trade deficit which is 101 billion, not the 151 billion he claims. The US actually pays 22% of NATO operating costs. As a matter of fact, much of America's European presence is in support of its operations in the Middle East, Africa and Afghanistan. Ramstein AFB is also a major drone control centre for operations in Pakistan, Afghanistan Yemen and Somalia. Nothing to do with NATO.
    Whatsthat?

    Source: NATO

    NATO contributions

    The North Atlantic alliance has its own military budget worth €1.29 billion ($1.4 billion), which is used to fund some operations and the NATO strategic command center, as well as training and research. But it is miniscule compared to overall spending on defense by NATO countries, which NATO estimates will total more than $921 billion in 2017.

    https://money.cnn.com/2017/05/25/news/nato-funding-explained-trump/index.html
    Last edited by What'sThat?; 07-11-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •