User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Grey Nomad Times...

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    I've been a Rotarian for...geez...22 years, now. You have a family...everywhere. Great organisation......

About a dozen years ago...I had a tire shred in the middle of nowhere. It was wedged up in the wheel well...I gave up trying to get it off. I flagged down a guy...and...when he got to the next town, sent a tow truck out to get me.

The truck showed up and...as he lifted it with the hook...tapped on the back of his truck window over his Rotary decal...and...nodded to mine on my back window.

He and his wife made me dinner...put me up in the guest room...brekky...and he told me to just put what I owe in "the gold pot"...something we pass around at meetings.

I subscribed to the Kununurra Rotary gazette..if you remember...a nice town arguably one of the most isolated on the planet. Whenever I do make the circuit...that's one town that'll have a red carpet waiting for me. I've been talking to a few members for a week or so, now.

Check this place, out. Zoom in and out to see where it actually is: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place...!4d128.7654685

Grey nomads swamp the place in winter. WA has 1.54M Greys passing through each year. That's over 15% of the whole country's population. It's a monster business.....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-...hange/10599340
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Thanks
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Thanks

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    Thanks NR! You know I love reading these!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (12-03-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Thanks NR! You know I love reading these!
    This one wouldn't download on Firefox...so...I had to C&P the addy into Chrome....

I long for the day when I can get out there. Me and the dog...gee, I'd even learn to fish!

I learn a lot from this monthy gazette. Its certainly pretty hokey...but...it's by the very people that are out there actually living what is just a dream for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (12-03-2019)

Thread Information