User Tag List

Thread: San Francisco continues its assault on business,

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 85.0%

Thanks

San Francisco continues its assault on business,

There will be competing commercial rent tax measures on San Francisco’s June 2018 ballot. The “Housing for All” measure would impose a new 1.7% tax on commercial rents in San Francisco, effective January 1, 2019. The “Universal Childcare for San Francisco Families” measure would impose a new 3.5% tax on commercial rents (1% on rents from warehouses) in San Francisco (also operative January 1, 2019). Both measures specify that only one measure can be adopted, and that if both measures secure sufficient votes for passage, the measure with the most votes will prevail. If either of these measures were to be adopted it would be in addition to San Francisco’s existing 0.3% gross receipts tax on rentals. That mean the whole rent bill not just the profits!

This would be a 1166% increase,
    It is estimated that about $150 million annually from the commercial real estate industry would be collected under this tax (a 12-fold increase over the existing 0.3% tax).
    All in all, San Francisco’s 2018 June election presents commercial landlords with the prospect of a massive tax increase all to fund universal childcare and housing for all initiatives. So if uyou oppose these at the poll you hate children and brown people.

https://www.pillsburylaw.com/en/news-and-insights/tax-commercial-rentals-june-2018.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (06-13-2018),Rutabaga (06-13-2018),Swedgin (06-13-2018)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    That election happened a week ago. Proposition D, "Housing for All" was defeated, 46.6%-55.4%. On the other hand, Proposition C, "Commercial Rent Tax for Childcare and Early Education" passed, 50.35%-49.65%.

The Board of Stuporvisors and much of the citizenry of SF view businesses as captive, infinitely milkable cows. Ordinarily I'd say reality will teach them otherwise, but so far they've proven to be inapt pupils.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (06-13-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    They will soon drive out businesses, thus requiring ever more increases in taxes. Eventually we all know the outcome. Prog's just can't keep their hands out of everyones else's pockets.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

navigator2 (06-13-2018),RMNIXON (06-13-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceenj View Post
    They will soon drive out businesses, thus requiring ever more increases in taxes. Eventually we all know the outcome. Prog's just can't keep their hands out of everyones else's pockets.
    This ^. Businesses are fleeing CA in general to more friendly business climates in droves. One day these cities in CA will resemble Detroit but for a different reason.
    https://media3.giphy.com/media/s8lZxA5Jmempa/giphy.gif[/IMG]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to navigator2 For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (06-13-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Every time I see California doing something stupid I applaud. I can't wait until they are no longer a state. Please...hurry up and do more stupid shit so we can watch you in our rear-view mirror.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

George Orwell

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceenj View Post
    SF's small businesses - restaurants, specialty & touristy stores - are already under siege with the city-mandated minimum wage in creases. Not a few have closed or moved out. I wonder how many survivors just hanging on will find their survival efforts hobbled by rent increases or ended by lease terminations.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Small businesses are moving out in droves. Height Ashbury is a shell of its former self, and the homeless are moving into the Marina.

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 79.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That's what the City needs allright, more homeless and more poor dependents who don't often spend money in the small businesses about to be taxed!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 85.0%

Thanks
    California is about to go over the cliff, Venezuela here we come!

Strange that these idiots don't seem to realize where the "Other people's money" comes from.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

MrMike (06-13-2018)

Thread Information