User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump declares North Korea no longer a nuclear threat

Loves to push buttons V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Trump declares North Korea no longer a nuclear threat

President Trump returned on Wednesday from his historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore and issued what would be a remarkable statement — if it were true.
    “Just landed,” Trump tweeted shortly after touching down at Joint Base Andrews. “A long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.”
    While Trump and Kim concluded their summit in Singapore by signing a joint statement that promised “complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,” it did not specify what that process would entail. According to the Washington Post, North Korea’s definition of “denuclearization” is different from Trump’s.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sleep-wel...120031448.html

While I respect and admire what he has done, I sometimes wish Trump would not speak in such absolute terms.

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registeredCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    President Trump returned on Wednesday from his historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore and issued what would be a remarkable statement — if it were true.
    “Just landed,” Trump tweeted shortly after touching down at Joint Base Andrews. “A long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.”
    While Trump and Kim concluded their summit in Singapore by signing a joint statement that promised “complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,” it did not specify what that process would entail. According to the Washington Post, North Korea’s definition of “denuclearization” is different from Trump’s.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sleep-wel...120031448.html

While I respect and admire what he has done, I sometimes wish Trump would not speak in such absolute terms.

A bit premature I suppose, however, don't think Kim is going to step off into the deep end of the pool again after this meeting. His very existence depended upon him doing something to stop the American-Chinese initiated sanctions and delay the inevitable attack by the American navy off of his shores. By meeting with Trump, he became a world figure and can be looked upon as, well, a visionary, that's about the way he will play it. That the North Koreans will dismantle their nuclear system under supervision and inspection, and not launch missiles across Japan and the Phillippines again, pretty certain.

Having ended the threat of an American attack by meeting with President Trump, which has made the world much safer today than it was three days ago, Kim is now in a position to consolidate power under a new government rubric, entering into trade and bringing NK out of the rogue nation status. The President can applaud, as I wrote, seems a bit premature, but don't think North Korea is going to welch on this agreement with Trump in office, he obviously knows America is serious about denuclearization of the Korean peninsula one way or the other.

Expect South Korea, Japan, and China now to be encouraged to step into the void and try to bring NK into the fellowship of nations via trade. Meanwhile, we haven't ended any sanctions; we haven't called any of our naval fleet to back off of the Korean peninsula, and Trump, unless he gave Kim something we don't know about other than certification as a credible world leader now, instead of a brutal dictator, frees him to move that nation in a lot of directions. I think Kim will accept the move toward the West under Trump........ - Stan -
    Last edited by Stan Fan; 06-13-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    I didn't hear himsay this. Is this taken out of context? because your source IS yahoo and we all know what their opinion is ofthis president.

Is this fake news?

all lot of this stuff is reported just this way in order to demoralize us, his base.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 06-13-2018 at 10:46 AM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

The Devil whispered in Trumps ear and said,
    "you're not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    President Trump whispered back,"I am The Storm"!

Senior Member Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    At first blush, I wouldn't accept anything from der media as gospel. Out of context and Fakery is their well earned reputation.

We're so used to people in govt that rely on folks from academia (or politicos) that have no experience in dealing with heads of govt, or anything else for that matter, other than theory. The Obama regime comes to mind.

As a businessman, Trump has been dealing with lawyers, CEO's with opposing and contrary views all of his life -- he has inordinate and canny way of reading people. I hope he's spot on his evaluation of 'waddles' the rocket man.
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 06-13-2018 at 11:00 AM.

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesVeteranCreated Blog entry

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I didn't hear himsay this. Is this taken out of context? because your source IS yahoo and we all know what their opinion is ofthis president.

Is this fake news?

all lot of this stuff is reported just this way in order to demoralize us, his base.
    He said it on Twitter

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!
    4:56 AM - Jun 13, 2018

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post

You can be sure President Trump wishes you would not speak in such absolute terms. Patience, Grasshopper.
    Good things take time. This wealthy and successful man is weaving a tapestry with the fat little boy who can just imagine himself a guest at Mar A Lago. Fat little boy has succeeded beyond anything his father or grandfather did with Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter and George Bush and BozoBama. He won't jeopardize the process begun by the MAGAfather.
    Send me. I'll go. - Isaiah 6:8
    "It is hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions than putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." - Thomas Sowell

"The most refreshing thing you find in government is competence, because it is so rare." - Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    well I love THAT!! MAGAfather.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    LOLOL TRUMP HAs given De Niro a nickname. PUNCHY!!

LOLOLOL LOVE IT

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-13-2018),RMNIXON (06-13-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Trump is an incredibly clever man, and I can think of one reason he would tweet that, and it has everything to do with how he doesn't give a rats ass about how something or someone "looks"...it all about results that he wants in whatever he is pursuing.

Simple fact is - we, us, them simply do not think the way he does, regarding most things. We, us, them think in a conditioned manner of PC and optics. Trump does not suffer to that affliction.

Lemme try to explain, using the OPs tweet as an example.

Trump doesn't care about optics. He makes this bold and brassy statement, and I think that he did that, in part for his overall goals. It could very well he floated that out there, to watch to see if Kim Jong Su steps away from these most recent narratives and written deals in Singapore...and lobs a missile or refuses to release remains etc.

This tells Trump what he wants to know about the situation, factually and honestly...because he doesn't give a rats ass about the optics game everyone else is locked into.
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    Trump is an incredibly clever man, and I can think of one reason he would tweet that, and it has everything to do with how he doesn't give a rats ass about how something or someone "looks"...it all about results that he wants in whatever he is pursuing.

Simple fact is - we, us, them simply do not think the way he does, regarding most things. We, us, them think in a conditioned manner of PC and optics. Trump does not suffer to that affliction.

Lemme try to explain, using the OPs tweet as an example.

Trump doesn't care about optics. He makes this bold and brassy statement, and I think that he did that, in part for his overall goals. It could very well he floated that out there, to watch to see if Kim Jong Su steps away from these most recent narratives and written deals in Singapore...and lobs a missile or refuses to release remains etc.

This tells Trump what he wants to know about the situation, factually and honestly...because he doesn't give a rats ass about the optics game everyone else is locked into.
    I understand that Trump doesn't care what other's think, but if and then North Korea doesn't follow through, it gives his critics more ammo.

It is sort of like the 'Mission Accomplished' sign from George Bush.

No political task is ever truly complete.

It even took Reagan 4 summits before the Soviet Union started making good on their promises.

Thread Information