User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Claire McCaskill busts HERSELF for using private plane on RV tour

Loves to push buttons V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Claire McCaskill busts HERSELF for using private plane on RV tour

Democrats are so much more in tune with their constituents than Republicans. Just look at Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill, who hopped in an RV last month to connect with the common folk

Claire McCaskill
    @clairecmc

Very excited to hit the road next week in this. Names anyone for the RV? We are off on a “Veterans for Claire” tour on Tuesday morning.
    8:01 PM - May 25, 2018

More from the Washington Free Beacon:
    The RV, named BigBlue by the campaign, was unveiled late last month by McCaskill, who said she was “very excited to hit the road” in it for an upcoming “Veterans for Claire” tour. The campaign kept a live blog of its three-day RV trip from May 29 to May 31, posting updates of its whereabouts.

McCaskill has taken steps to hide the use of her plane. In a 2017 email obtained by the Washington Free Beacon, the senator asked the Federal Aviation Administration to block radar tracking information on her plane from being publicly broadcast on the internet. The request blocks the ability to track her plane on websites such as FlightAware.com.
    Websites such as ADS-B Exchange, however, use a different type of data transmission to make tracking information available to the public. Community members of the crowd-sourced website upload the ADS-B information broadcast by the plane and upload it straight into the site's free database, which can in turn be used to track planes such as McCaskill's.
    The GPS-based data transmitted by McCaskill's plane for the days of her RV tour across Missouri indicates that it was used to travel between campaign stops.

But it seems that in all McCaskill’s excitement, she forgot to mention that her private plane was making all the same stops.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/clair...ough-missouri/

But despite the Free Beacon’s straightforward reporting, McCaskill still seemed upset about something:

Sen. McCaskill says @FreeBeacon reporting about her use of a plane during an RV tour is “not accurate” — that she spent “two-plus days on the RV, and one day we extended some stops with the use of a plane. And the RV didn’t go to those stops.” http://freebeacon.com/politics/claire-mccaskills-private-plane-used-on-campaigns-rv-tour-through-missouri/ …
    1:12 PM - Jun 12, 2018

Sounds guilty of something
    Last edited by Crunch; 06-13-2018 at 07:12 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crunch For This Useful Post:

2cent (06-13-2018),Big Dummy (06-13-2018),dinosaur (06-13-2018),Swedgin (06-13-2018)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesVeteranCreated Blog entry

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And the truth comes out...........

Full story on Sen. McCaskill confirming that she did use a private plane during her campaign's RV tour:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...rv-trip-641674

“I added some stops with the use of the plane, but I was on the RV so much that the broken door drove me crazy,” McCaskill said in a brief Tuesday interview in the Capitol, adding that “I even lost an iPad around a corner on the RV.”
    She disputed the notion that the use of the plane allowed her to “pretend” that she was using an RV rather than the multi-million-dollar plane, reportedly purchasedby her husband’s company in 2013.
    “I spent two-plus days on the RV,” McCaskill said, and the plane “picked me up at the end of one day, after I spent all day on the RV” before being used to add “some stops.” The RV wasn’t used during that added portion of the tour, she said.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crunch For This Useful Post:

Beachcomber (06-13-2018),dinosaur (06-13-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Two days plus on an RV, and it about drove her nuts and she lost her ipad. Just an average Jane in tune with her constituents.

I can just imagine the call to hubby ... "Get our plane down here right now and get me out of this G D RV!" She is having so much fun talking with the fine people of Missouri, she can't wait to get back to Washington and vote the party line for more global warming legislation.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

2cent (06-13-2018),Louise (06-13-2018),Quark (06-13-2018),teeceenj (06-13-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Claire is lazy. So is "too good" to get around the way her constituents do - by road.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taxcutter For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-13-2018),teeceenj (06-13-2018)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    Two days on the RV drove her crazy? She should have rented an RV with larger liquor storage and extended her stop at Costco to stock it.

Or maybe she just couldn't handle being out and about among the rubes.
    Last edited by Traddles; 06-13-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

2cent (06-13-2018),Crunch (06-13-2018),Quark (06-13-2018),teeceenj (06-13-2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    Two days on the RV drove her crazy? She should have rented an RV with larger liquor storage and extended her stop at Costco to stock it.

Or maybe she just couldn't handle being out and about among the rubes.
    Imagine if she had to fly commercially with the rest of us peasants?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crunch For This Useful Post:

Louise (06-13-2018),Quark (06-13-2018),teeceenj (06-13-2018)

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    Two days plus on an RV, and it about drove her nuts and she lost her ipad. Just an average Jane in tune with her constituents.

I can just imagine the call to hubby ... "Get our plane down here right now and get me out of this G D RV!" She is having so much fun talking with the fine people of Missouri, she can't wait to get back to Washington and vote the party line for more global warming legislation.
    How can you lose an iPad going around a corner? The bus is contained, is it not? Ya know, doesn't have wide-open vents where it could fly out of the bus unexpectedly?

The inconvenience of a broken door drove her nuts? Yup, I can see her reaction just as you described it.

Makes ya wonder just how nuts the inconvenience of her own constituents drive her.

*If there is any Senator I cannot STAND, it's McCaskill. She's the biggest lying phony on the planet!

But I did get a chuckle out of her trying to distance herself from Hillary just as soon as she realized cozying up to her would win her no votes.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (06-13-2018),Louise (06-13-2018),Quark (06-13-2018),teeceenj (06-13-2018)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post

But I did get a chuckle out of her trying to distance herself from Hillary just as soon as she realized cozying up to her would win her no votes.
    I'm torn regarding Dems distancing themselves from Hillary. On one hand I want Hillary to be a millstone around the necks of their political careers. On the other hand, I want Hillary to experience the rejection of her own party, as icing on the cake of voters rejecting her in 2016.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

2cent (06-13-2018),Quark (06-13-2018),Wiser Now (06-14-2018)

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    I'm torn regarding Dems distancing themselves from Hillary. On one hand I want Hillary to be a millstone around the necks of their political careers. On the other hand, I want Hillary to experience the rejection of her own party, as icing on the cake of voters rejecting her in 2016.
    I see your point. Much as Hillary may publicly explain away all the rejection - as if it doesn't exist - how much ya want to bet that she seethes in private?

Not gonna happen, but more icing would be if reporters would ask the candidates, "Why did you quit supporting Hillary?"
    I might even pay to watch them try to stammer through that one. And extra, to see Hildabeast's reaction.

Hey, we can dream, can't we?
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-13-2018),Traddles (06-13-2018)

Forum IT Staff, VIP, Alumni IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Claire looks like a dropped meat pie...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:

2cent (06-13-2018),Quark (06-13-2018),teeceenj (06-13-2018)

Thread Information