User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: 2001 - A Space Odyssey, and Its Implicit Profound Christian Implication

  1. #71
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 75.0%

    Rita Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    31,933
    Thanks
    54,232
    Thanked: 46,782
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    21474872
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstGenCanadian View Post
    Well, who knows. There maybe a life form(s) that we have not discovered, simply because we assume all life would be similar to what is here on earth. I think human arrogance is our greatest weakness. We assume our situation is the be all end all of the cosmos.
    According to the theory, there should be self-created life forms on every planet along with their moons. Life everywhere, because the conditions are what create the life form. Methane breathing creatures who can withstand 700mph winds on Neptune, for example.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rita Marley For This Useful Post:

    ChemEngineer (04-23-2019)

  3. #72
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    ChemEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,698
    Thanks
    1,264
    Thanked: 3,620
    Rep Power
    15395539
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstGenCanadian View Post
    That's not true.
    If you take all the ingredients to bake 10 cakes, but bake them at different temperatures for the same amount of time, are they all edible cakes?
    Edible by whom? On what pretend planet? In what "multiverse" which materialists use as their excuse for the insuperably precise physical constants? And using what ingredients? You see the corner you have painted yourself into?

    "There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em." - Yogi Berra
    “The explanation value of the evolutionary hypothesis of common origin is nil! Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, it seems to convey anti-knowledge. How could I work on evolution ten years and learn nothing from it? It does seem that the level of knowledge about evolution is remarkably shallow. We know it ought not be taught in high school, and that’s all we know about it.” (Dr. Colin Patterson, senior Paleontologist at the British Museum of Natural History)

  4. #73
    Diplomatic Asshole, VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

    FirstGenCanadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,025
    Thanks
    7,176
    Thanked: 7,708
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngineer View Post
    Edible by whom? On what pretend planet? In what "multiverse" which materialists use as their excuse for the insuperably precise physical constants? And using what ingredients? You see the corner you have painted yourself into?

    "There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em." - Yogi Berra
    I was using cake as an example of how it works with planets, and life. All, are of the same materials at different distances from the sun. Getting different temperatures, getting different results.

    E156B9FB-2CF0-411C-8D73-33CC7599F7B1.jpeg
    When you open your heart to patriotism, there's no room for racism. ~Donald J. Trump
    Rule # 3 - Never believe what you're told, double check.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. ~D. H. Lawrence
    Quote Originally Posted by RGV View Post
    This is America. When you make an accusation, like you have, the burden of proof is on you.
    Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, all the other genders are from Uranus.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstGenCanadian For This Useful Post:

    Canadianeye (04-22-2019)

  6. #74
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    ChemEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,698
    Thanks
    1,264
    Thanked: 3,620
    Rep Power
    15395539
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstGenCanadian View Post
    I was using cake as an example of how it works with planets, and life. All, are of the same materials at different distances from the sun. Getting different temperatures, getting different results.
    No, the planets are NOT "of the same materials." Jupiter is a gas giant. Earth's surface is 67% water. What other planet has such volume of water?

    ````Max Planck.jpg
    “The explanation value of the evolutionary hypothesis of common origin is nil! Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, it seems to convey anti-knowledge. How could I work on evolution ten years and learn nothing from it? It does seem that the level of knowledge about evolution is remarkably shallow. We know it ought not be taught in high school, and that’s all we know about it.” (Dr. Colin Patterson, senior Paleontologist at the British Museum of Natural History)

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChemEngineer For This Useful Post:

    Rita Marley (04-18-2019)

  8. #75
    Diplomatic Asshole, VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

    FirstGenCanadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,025
    Thanks
    7,176
    Thanked: 7,708
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngineer View Post
    No, the planets are NOT "of the same materials." Jupiter is a gas giant. Earth's surface is 67% water. What other planet has such volume of water?

    ````Max Planck.jpg
    I don’t expect you to understand. I understand your point of view. However, I have no interest in telling you how I perceive your religious views.

    All the same material was present when the earth, and all the other planets were formed. Different distances from the star, which we call the Sun, or Sol, caused different effects. Water didn’t just appear here. It was gravity from earth’s mass that pulled in ice from comets, and various other sources. Which didn’t burn away from the Earth as temperatures are enough to keep water in liquid form.

    Mars like Earth, also has ice caps, and the reason of Mars red colour, being rust would be an indication that Mars also had a lot of water and metal, which oxidized. However, since the core of Mars is essentially dead, there is no electromagnetic field protecting Mars from solar activity, or it simply wasn’t strong enough to protect any atmosphere Mars would have had.

    Also, Enceladus, a moon of Saturn, and Europa a moon of Jupiter have water geysers.
    When you open your heart to patriotism, there's no room for racism. ~Donald J. Trump
    Rule # 3 - Never believe what you're told, double check.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. ~D. H. Lawrence
    Quote Originally Posted by RGV View Post
    This is America. When you make an accusation, like you have, the burden of proof is on you.
    Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, all the other genders are from Uranus.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstGenCanadian For This Useful Post:

    Canadianeye (04-23-2019)

  10. #76
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    ChemEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,698
    Thanks
    1,264
    Thanked: 3,620
    Rep Power
    15395539
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstGenCanadian View Post
    I don’t expect you to understand. I understand your point of view. However, I have no interest in telling you how I perceive your religious views.
    Those are NOT MY "religious views." They are the scientific analysis of Max Planck. Try to fathom that, Diplomatic Asshole.

    FIRST you claim "All (planets) are of the same materials," and then you punt and express your studied opinion of why they are NOT of "the same materials." So you contradict yourself and expect ME "not to understand." Your condescension is just too much.

    ciao My Ignore List grew again today. Can you guess why?
    “The explanation value of the evolutionary hypothesis of common origin is nil! Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, it seems to convey anti-knowledge. How could I work on evolution ten years and learn nothing from it? It does seem that the level of knowledge about evolution is remarkably shallow. We know it ought not be taught in high school, and that’s all we know about it.” (Dr. Colin Patterson, senior Paleontologist at the British Museum of Natural History)

  11. #77
    Diplomatic Asshole, VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

    FirstGenCanadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,025
    Thanks
    7,176
    Thanked: 7,708
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngineer View Post
    Those are NOT MY "religious views." They are the scientific analysis of Max Planck. Try to fathom that, Diplomatic Asshole.

    FIRST you claim "All (planets) are of the same materials," and then you punt and express your studied opinion of why they are NOT of "the same materials." So you contradict yourself and expect ME "not to understand." Your condescension is just too much.

    ciao My Ignore List grew again today. Can you guess why?
    Right, because most people put people on ignore when they’re winning an argument.

    Besides my conversation was with Rita, and you interjected yourself into our conversation.

    Enjoy posting fellow member. Happy Easter.
    When you open your heart to patriotism, there's no room for racism. ~Donald J. Trump
    Rule # 3 - Never believe what you're told, double check.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. ~D. H. Lawrence
    Quote Originally Posted by RGV View Post
    This is America. When you make an accusation, like you have, the burden of proof is on you.
    Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, all the other genders are from Uranus.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstGenCanadian For This Useful Post:

    Canadianeye (04-22-2019)

  13. #78
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    ChemEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,698
    Thanks
    1,264
    Thanked: 3,620
    Rep Power
    15395539
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita Marley View Post
    According to the theory, there should be self-created life forms on every planet along with their moons. Life everywhere, because the conditions are what create the life form. Methane breathing creatures who can withstand 700mph winds on Neptune, for example.
    Brilliant. Well stated.

    Self-named "Diplomatic Asshole" said this:

    "I think human arrogance is our greatest weakness. We assume our situation is the be all end all of the cosmos."

    As Richard Dawkins said in one of his books, "Speak for yourself." Seems to me it is the height of pretentiousness to claim that the universe is simply FULL of beings waiting for us to discover them a la SETI. We couldn't begin to communicate, but who cares. They couldn't begin to understand us, but who cares. Keep throwing money into outer space. It's somebody else's money, isn't it. Someone very gullible.
    “The explanation value of the evolutionary hypothesis of common origin is nil! Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, it seems to convey anti-knowledge. How could I work on evolution ten years and learn nothing from it? It does seem that the level of knowledge about evolution is remarkably shallow. We know it ought not be taught in high school, and that’s all we know about it.” (Dr. Colin Patterson, senior Paleontologist at the British Museum of Natural History)

  14. #79
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Spooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked: 103
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngineer View Post
    You thought wrong, Friend. That obelisk was the starting point of the journey far into space to the wormhole that took the explorer far, far away. The same aliens that conveyed the explorer through the wormhole built the obelisk, knowing we would find it when we had the means to travel through space. Everyone who saw the movie understood the obelisk didn't build itself. How much more complex are we humans, and some contend that nothing made us, ever so slowly.

    The more humans discover, the more complicated everything becomes, and the more compelling is all of the evidence that Darwin got it wrong and atheists get it even more wrong.

    “Both religion and science need for their activities a belief in God, and moreover, God stands for the former in the beginning, and for the latter at the end of the whole thinking. For the former, God represents the basis, for the latter – the crown of any reasoning concerning the world-view.” – Max Planck

    “The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass, God is waiting for you.” – Werner Heisenberg

    “The more thoroughly I conduct research, the more I believe that science excludes atheism.” – Lord Kelvin

    “Science brings man closer to God.” “The more I study nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator. Into his tiniest creatures, God has placed extraordinary properties….” – Louis Pasteur, pasteurization, immunology, confirmed the germ theory of disease

    “I think as Psalm 19, ‘the heavens proclaim the glory of God,’ that is, God reveals himself in all there is. All reality, to a greater or lesser extent, reveals the purpose of God. There is some purpose and connection to the world in all aspects of human experience.” – Arno Penzias, Nobel Prize winner in physics for co-discovery of background cosmic radiation, confirming the Big Bang, or the moment of creation

    “I believe in God more because of science than in spite of it.” – William Phillips, Nobel Laureate in Physics
    Both Clark and Kubrick said they didn't want to explain it in the movie but to leave it up to the viewers to interpret its meaning.

    The novel which accompanied the movie does explain it however. It was built by extraterrestrials as an alert system to notify them when the human race had advanced to a certain point. Kubrick elaborated on this a little by saying that the item was basically a religious symbol, not for any God we currently worship but the god of science.

  15. #80
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    ChemEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,698
    Thanks
    1,264
    Thanked: 3,620
    Rep Power
    15395539


    Professor John Lennox on Nature's God
    Science at its best
    “The explanation value of the evolutionary hypothesis of common origin is nil! Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, it seems to convey anti-knowledge. How could I work on evolution ten years and learn nothing from it? It does seem that the level of knowledge about evolution is remarkably shallow. We know it ought not be taught in high school, and that’s all we know about it.” (Dr. Colin Patterson, senior Paleontologist at the British Museum of Natural History)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •