User Tag List

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: “Atheism Is As Much a Belief as Off Is a TV Channel”

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    I did not invent God. God "invented" man. In his image, in his likeness, and as a free moral agent with decision making processes based on free will choices. God did not make obedient puppets.

Biblical Christianity is a whole lot different than traditional. My opinion, and that is all that it is, an opinion, is that the atheist chooses to be due to a rejection of traditional Christianity and the obvious falsehoods taught and preached by it. The rejection of God as Creator is definitely not tied to false religion, but atheism knots them together tightly as if one is dependent upon the other.

The fact is that the larger part of the world follows a false belief, religiously or anti-religiously, and the Bible warns us of this by declaring that Satan deceives the entire world. A deceived person does not know they are deceived, if they did they would not be deceived.

I do not think that atheism is absolute deception, it is rather a choice, a reaction based on the rejection of false religion.
    As far as you know Satan wrote the bible and anyone that believes it is deceived.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Fall River (11-12-2019),MisterVeritis (11-06-2019),Quark (06-15-2018)

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    “Atheism Is As Much a Belief as Off Is a TV Channel”
    Incorrect analogy.

Atheism is a BELIEF. Anything that cannot be objectively proven is a belief.

The issue is, that atheists are some of THE MOST evangelical believers, THE most intolerant of opposing views...they're as fanatical as Moslems.

And the reason for that, IMHO, is that they themselves are unsure of their asserted facts.

Someone comfortable with his understanding of facts, just takes it as it is. The only time he'll get upset is if someone is about to use a fallacy as the basis for action, which would lead to accident, catastrophe, expense, injury.

Those who ASSERT something, something they are basically unsure of, will wail on, endlessly.

...just sayin'...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

usfan (11-07-2019)

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    To me it is a multi-part question. There is no evidence that a "God" exists and that is what I believe, a "God" may actually exist for which we simply have no evidence, so does that make me agnostic?

What I can say is that no "God" created by man actually exists, and that created "God", no matter the name given it, or the religion that created it, does not exist. Am I now an atheist?
    There are actually two parts to the question; or at least two parts to start with. First is, "Is there a god?" Second is, "Is that God as described by the purported Holy Books - which are written in Man's symbols and his words?"

To the agnostic or Deist, the first question, has clues in Intelligent Design and Natural Law. There can be a suggestion of some sort of higher power or force at work.

To the second: I think if this god or gods were so preoccupied with our belief in Him, our behavior...we'd have been hard-wired to see His image as He wanted, the same way birds are hard-wired to fly south for the winter. If there's a Paradise and He wants our souls there...He could do it. Just as he could destroy Satan, if Satan is.

That he does not, suggests some sort of sadism or dark amusement. THAT is a human mix of emotions - an evil mix.

So...again, the evidence, logic, speaks.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    There are actually two parts to the question; or at least two parts to start with. First is, "Is there a god?" Second is, "Is that God as described by the purported Holy Books - which are written in Man's symbols and his words?"

To the agnostic or Deist, the first question, has clues in Intelligent Design and Natural Law. There can be a suggestion of some sort of higher power or force at work.

To the second: I think if this god or gods were so preoccupied with our belief in Him, our behavior...we'd have been hard-wired to see His image as He wanted, the same way birds are hard-wired to fly south for the winter. If there's a Paradise and He wants our souls there...He could do it. Just as he could destroy Satan, if Satan is.

That he does not, suggests some sort of sadism or dark amusement. THAT is a human mix of emotions - an evil mix.

So...again, the evidence, logic, speaks.
    It's like voodoo. These girls want a man because he's so lively and animated and free (for example). They find him attractive and like his personality.

So they feed him some concoction that takes away his reason and he becomes their slave. He can't think for himself anymore. He can't think to wash the dishes, but if she tells him to wash them, he will. Or sweep the floor, or do anything. He's like a benign walking dead, without thought or reason, just obedient to the master.

That isn't who God wants in the home he is preparing.
    Last edited by Rita Marley; 06-15-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 60.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita Marley View Post
    Not really. The agnostic cops out by saying he can't know what to believe.

The atheist says he does know what he believes.
    I guess it doesn't with some Christians.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 60.0%

Thanks
    I did not invent God. God "invented" man. In his image, in his likeness, and as a free moral agent with decision making processes based on free will choices. God did not make obedient puppets.

Biblical Christianity is a whole lot different than traditional. My opinion, and that is all that it is, an opinion, is that the atheist chooses to be due to a rejection of traditional Christianity and the obvious falsehoods taught and preached by it. The rejection of God as Creator is definitely not tied to false religion, but atheism knots them together tightly as if one is dependent upon the other.

The fact is that the larger part of the world follows a false belief, religiously or anti-religiously, and the Bible warns us of this by declaring that Satan deceives the entire world. A deceived person does not know they are deceived, if they did they would not be deceived.

I do not think that atheism is absolute deception, it is rather a choice, a reaction based on the rejection of false religion.
    So your evidence is faith. I can understand that having been there myself at one time but that really is not evidence but superstition and ignorance. I can understand that too as I've been there as well.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Not faith as you apparently think it to be. Faith is substance. Not wishful thinking, but based on knowledge, awareness and even personal experience. Real faith is knowing. One can look at the evidence and know, or one can look at the same and reject.

God is Spirit. God is invisible. As a kid I hunted arrow heads in Kansas. When I found one I knew that it had been made by Indians. Faith, that is. The museum that houses my findings displays them in faith. They know that they are genuine. (My cousin and I had the largest private collection in the state). Kids, hunting for relics.

Real faith is not to be scorned. It is found in all walks of life.

Thanks
    Atheism is a BELIEF. Anything that cannot be objectively proven is a belief.
    This is an interesting paradox. "God" can not be proven to exist whether you believe it or not.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-15-2018)

Thanks
    Not faith as you apparently think it to be. Faith is substance. Not wishful thinking, but based on knowledge, awareness and even personal experience. Real faith is knowing. One can look at the evidence and know, or one can look at the same and reject.

God is Spirit. God is invisible. As a kid I hunted arrow heads in Kansas. When I found one I knew that it had been made by Indians. Faith, that is. The museum that houses my findings displays them in faith. They know that they are genuine. (My cousin and I had the largest private collection in the state). Kids, hunting for relics.

Real faith is not to be scorned. It is found in all walks of life.
    Faith is self-inflicted ignorance. Nothing more.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-15-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Tell me, is it painful to be that damned stupid?

Thread Information