User Tag List

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast

Thread: “Atheism Is As Much a Belief as Off Is a TV Channel”

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    One does not have to wonder whether or not God exists. No one has to remain unknowing, or ignorant, concerning that . Agnostics chose to play the I don't know game. Atheists simply refuse to acknowledge God. Neither one is genuine. Both are phonies playing games. Either that or they are genuine fools.
    Deities do not exist. Not Thor, Ra, the Great Turtle or YHWH. You believe your particular deity exists exclusively, or, you believe deities are really all just one in the same, or, you believe your particular deity exists and all others from the past are not real...or are false/evil in some fashion.

Have at it. You are clearly entitled to your thoughts and beliefs in a deity or deities. I have no inclination to stop you at all.
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (11-06-2019),Quark (06-13-2018)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    | Refuting Atheism

Before we explore the invalidity this atheist claim – please note: When one holds a belief – they necessarily lack belief in the converse of their affirmation. A lack of belief & disbelief can be logical equivalents. A lack of belief in God is of course obvious – but all affirmations entail a lack of belief of their opposite. Any one belief requires the position of ‘lack of belief’ of its opposite.
    For example, if you‘believe aliens do not exist’ you necessarily “lack belief in aliens”.
    To say atheism is solely a lack of belief – really demotes it to agnosticism; for it is the agnostic who withholds from making an affirmation as to whether God exists or not.
    But what then do we call those who believe God does not exist? [/sarcasm]
    Definition of Atheism:

a : a disbelief in the existence of deity b : the doctrine that there is no deity (Merriam Webster)
    There are generally two kinds of atheists; positive and negative.

• Positive atheists claim God does not exist; whereas
    • Negative atheists state that they believe God does not exist (aka do not believe God exists).

If one neither claims God does not exist or that they believe God does not exist (but don’t claim God doesn’t exist) – then all that is left is agnosticism.
    What are people that do not believe in YOUR deity?
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

Fall River (11-12-2019),Quark (06-13-2018)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    One does not have to wonder whether or not God exists. No one has to remain unknowing, or ignorant, concerning that . Agnostics chose to play the I don't know game. Atheists simply refuse to acknowledge God. Neither one is genuine. Both are phonies playing games. Either that or they are genuine fools.
    Okay I'll bite. Do you have verifiable evidence that can be tested scientifically the "God" exist?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Verifiable evidence? That can be tested scientifically that God exist?

I have the very same evidence that you have. The Creation. The seemingly endless universe. The planet called earth, teeming with life, some of which remains undiscovered, the incredible design of just the human body, or the critters crawling about our skin, the remarkable and astounding mind of man capable of great good and unimaginable evil unless directed towards giving rather than getting.

What is stated earlier by me is not my own. "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of men who by their wickedness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature, His eternal power and Deity (spiritual), has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made (physical). So they are without excuse; for although they knew (about) God they did not honor Him as God, or give thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless minds were darkened.
    Claiming to be wise, they became fools." Rom. 1: 18-22, Revised Standard Version.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (06-14-2018)

Thanks
    In other words, what you have is an invented "God" to explain the cause of the universe. See my new post in the science forum by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Fall River (11-12-2019),MisterVeritis (11-06-2019)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks
    Verifiable evidence? That can be tested scientifically that God exist?

I have the very same evidence that you have. The Creation. The seemingly endless universe. The planet called earth, teeming with life, some of which remains undiscovered, the incredible design of just the human body, or the critters crawling about our skin, the remarkable and astounding mind of man capable of great good and unimaginable evil unless directed towards giving rather than getting.

What is stated earlier by me is not my own. "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of men who by their wickedness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature, His eternal power and Deity (spiritual), has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made (physical). So they are without excuse; for although they knew (about) God they did not honor Him as God, or give thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless minds were darkened.
    Claiming to be wise, they became fools." Rom. 1: 18-22, Revised Standard Version.
    In other words you got nothing.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Fall River (11-12-2019),MisterVeritis (11-06-2019),Quark (06-14-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    So why would a Christian concern themselves in what I believe or don't believe as long as I hurt no one?
    --My honest answer, is that I respect your opinion. We do not have to agree on philosophies, but, as we aren't screeching lefties, we can have some damned good, and deep discussions on any number of topics, without the immediate need to find 100% consensus....

Why would a Christian devote so much time trying to understand what an atheist, agnostic, or agnostic atheist is if said person is harming no one?
    --Again...if it is an atheist, agnostic, or "agnostic atheist" (???what is that, anyways???), such as you, who can have a civil debate on the topic...same answer as above. (Basically, because it is an interesting debate to have, as long as the elbows don't come out....)

Inquiring minds want to know?
    --Thus supporting my points above....
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

Quark (06-14-2018)

Thanks
    @Morning Star pretty well explains Agnostic Atheist.

Basically, an Agnostic Atheist does not know if there is a God or not but accepts that at some point in the future science may prove there is a God, the agnostic part. There is no man-made or man created God especially as created by Divine Revelation. In other words, man creates God[s] to explain causes man doesn't understand rather than saying I don't know the cause, the atheist part.

Hope this helps.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Fall River (11-12-2019),Morning Star (06-14-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    @Morning Star pretty well explains Agnostic Atheist.

Basically, an Agnostic Atheist does not know if there is a God or not but accepts that at some point in the future science may prove there is a God, the agnostic part. There is no man-made or man created God especially as created by Divine Revelation. In other words, man creates God[s] to explain causes man doesn't understand rather than saying I don't know the cause, the atheist part.

Hope this helps.
    Not really. The agnostic cops out by saying he can't know what to believe.

The atheist says he does know what he believes.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    I did not invent God. God "invented" man. In his image, in his likeness, and as a free moral agent with decision making processes based on free will choices. God did not make obedient puppets.

Biblical Christianity is a whole lot different than traditional. My opinion, and that is all that it is, an opinion, is that the atheist chooses to be due to a rejection of traditional Christianity and the obvious falsehoods taught and preached by it. The rejection of God as Creator is definitely not tied to false religion, but atheism knots them together tightly as if one is dependent upon the other.

The fact is that the larger part of the world follows a false belief, religiously or anti-religiously, and the Bible warns us of this by declaring that Satan deceives the entire world. A deceived person does not know they are deceived, if they did they would not be deceived.

I do not think that atheism is absolute deception, it is rather a choice, a reaction based on the rejection of false religion.
    Last edited by CWF; 06-15-2018 at 08:11 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

Rita Marley (06-15-2018)

Thread Information