User Tag List


Members banned from this thread: Strangelove


Page 1 of 23 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 221

Thread: Random thoughts about politicians....US in particular

  1. #1
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    66,456
    Thanks
    5,510
    Thanked: 63,166
    Rep Power
    21474909

    Random thoughts about politicians....US in particular

    Mark Warner never need worry about running for the presidency. I had forgotten what a dunce he is. not funny, not particularly intelligent, not attractive. He's an obamabot. I didn't realize that democrats call him the Do-nothing senator...although for different reasons sort of than I do.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    Flanders (07-09-2017),Molly Pitcher (12-26-2018)

  3. #2
    Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 98.0%

    Trinnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53,426
    Thanks
    8,058
    Thanked: 40,450
    Rep Power
    21474896
    I was never impressed with him at all.
    Can you spot a communist?


    FIRE and replace the bad Republicans in their primaries, but NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat.


  4. #3
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    66,456
    Thanks
    5,510
    Thanked: 63,166
    Rep Power
    21474909
    Yesterday somewhere I made mention of the fact that Reid said he'd be in the senate to 2021. I thought at the time, you silly man, there is scripture regarding YOUR plans. And what happens this morning? Reid was admitted to the hospital. I don't know what his problem is but ....there ya go.

    James 4:13-17

    Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 12-20-2013 at 08:27 AM.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    Cliffhanger (07-18-2015),Rudy2D (12-28-2013),wist43 (01-13-2014)

  6. #4
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 45.0%

    patrickt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Posts
    26,173
    Thanks
    3,115
    Thanked: 15,042
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Mark Warner never need worry about running for the presidency. I had forgotten what a dunce he is. not funny, not particularly intelligent, not attractive. He's an obamabot. I didn't realize that democrats call him the Do-nothing senator...although for different reasons sort of than I do.
    As you describe him, he might be the only person who could actually replace President Obama.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

    Flanders (07-09-2017)

  8. #5
    Games People Play V.I.P Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.7%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    50,615
    Thanks
    10,010
    Thanked: 36,400
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    21474892
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Yesterday somewhere I made mention of the fact that Reid said he'd be in the senate to 2021. I thought at the time, you silly man, there is scripture regarding YOUR plans. And what happens this morning? Reid was admitted to the hospital. I don't know what his problem is but ....there ya go.

    James 4:13-17

    Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
    Or as the joos used to say:

    "Man plans; and God laughs."

  9. #6
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.8%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    66,456
    Thanks
    5,510
    Thanked: 63,166
    Rep Power
    21474909
    Unbefreakinglievable. Scott Brown is out there again and he's....am I hearing right.....critical of Obamacare. Excuse me but am I having Deja Vu??

  10. #7
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 10.0%

    Katzndogz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    24,226
    Thanks
    995
    Thanked: 17,261
    Rep Power
    21474866
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Or as the joos used to say:

    "Man plans; and God laughs."
    I heard it

    "Man proposes; God disposes"

  11. #8
    gone & forgotten V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,791
    Thanks
    14,405
    Thanked: 8,921
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    21474855
    i like these in luke 12, too..

    19 And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’
    20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’
    21 “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”
    nothing here

  12. #9
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassCreated Blog entryOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 35.0%

    DonGlock26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    39,351
    Thanks
    32,793
    Thanked: 34,434
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    21474882
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    As you describe him, he might be the only person who could actually replace President Obama.
    Too bad, the Italian captain that sailed his ocean-liner into a rocky island isn't a Kenyan citizen. Then, he could be qualified to fill Obama's shoes.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to DonGlock26 For This Useful Post:

    Cedric (06-07-2016)

  14. #10
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassCreated Blog entryOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 35.0%

    DonGlock26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    39,351
    Thanks
    32,793
    Thanked: 34,434
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    21474882

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonGlock26 For This Useful Post:

    Daily Bread (12-05-2014),Flanders (07-09-2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •