Thread: Student Reported to Police for Talking About Concealed Carry

Alumni Member& VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Student Reported to Police for Talking About Concealed Carry

http://barbwire.com/2018/05/10/stude...ncealed-carry/

Leandra Westbrook, a junior at Kent State University, claims she was wrongfully detained by campus police after students overheard her talking about her concealed carry license.

Westbrook, a junior studying political science, told Campus Reform that she had a phone conversation with a friend on the afternoon of April 27, during which she lamented “how it is a shame that I cannot carry a gun on campus, considering I have my carry license.”

Student cadet officers overheard Westbrook’s conversation, and then reported her to campus police at approximately 12:00 p.m., according to a copy of the police report obtained by Campus Reform.

Then, just before Westbrook was slated to take a quiz for her anatomy class, police entered the lecture hall of 200 students and she was “removed from class and searched,” according to both Westbrook and the police report.
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

Quark (05-16-2018),Rutabaga (05-16-2018),teeceetx (05-16-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well, student cadet officers reported her. It's probably safe to assume the cadet officers will not be taking on any armed intruders from off campus either but maybe they could run to her protection.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave37 For This Useful Post:

Quark (05-16-2018),teeceetx (05-16-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Isn't this the same university with the photo of the young lady with the military grade firearm slung over her shoulder?
    "We Are Kate Steinle Now"

Calypso Jones

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

MedicineBow (05-16-2018),teeceetx (05-16-2018)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Yes it is! So now even the "cadet officers" were triggered! Perhaps they should be removed as cadets. Sure don't want to rely on someone who's afraid of the very mention of a gun.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

Quark (05-16-2018),RMNIXON (05-16-2018)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Seems to me that this would make a perfect lawsuit.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

User of Straws V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ridge Runner View Post

Leandra Westbrook, a junior at Kent State University, claims she was wrongfully detained by campus police after students overheard her talking about her concealed carry license.

Westbrook, a junior studying political science, told Campus Reform that she had a phone conversation with a friend on the afternoon of April 27, during which she lamented “how it is a shame that I cannot carry a gun on campus, considering I have my carry license.”

Student cadet officers overheard Westbrook’s conversation, and then reported her to campus police at approximately 12:00 p.m., according to a copy of the police report obtained by Campus Reform.

Then, just before Westbrook was slated to take a quiz for her anatomy class, police entered the lecture hall of 200 students and she was “removed from class and searched,” according to both Westbrook and the police report.

Linky no worky

Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteranTagger First ClassCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost Popular
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ridge Runner View Post

Oh swell.... now the 'thought police gestapo' leftists can "detain" you for merely talking about your LEGAL license to carry. So much for that 1st Amendment. It's really getting absurd, isn't it. But then... that's what you always get if/when you allow the idiot left to run ANYTHING... including colleges and public schools. I wonder if she was allowed to take the quiz or not. EOR

Oh... btw...

howya doin???
    Sic semper tyrannis - Everyman
    “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” - Alexander Hamilton
    “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
    The slave doesn’t dream of being free, he dreams of being the master. - Anonymous

Fighting liberal chickens every day....and.... loving it.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sheldonna For This Useful Post:

Canadianeye (05-16-2018),Old Ridge Runner (05-17-2018),Quark (05-16-2018),teeceetx (05-16-2018)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    I wonder what Ohio's statute of limitations is for making a false report to police (criminal) and false arrest (civil). She needs to own those cadets' asses and Kent State's campus police posteriors as well.

If crap like this is not punished severely it will proliferate.
    Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving. - David Burge, Iowahawkblog

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    The other day my wife and I were at a UPS store renting a mailbox. You are required to have two forms of identification. So, she used her drivers license and her concealed carry permit. I thought another customer in the store was going to have a bad case of the vapors!!! My wife was not carrying at the time and she made that known but it didn't stop the snowflake from being all in a twitch over the mere mention that she could be carrying at some point. Some people are sincerely brain damaged.
    Last edited by Dr. Felix Birdbiter; 05-16-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    "We Are Kate Steinle Now"

Calypso Jones

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

teeceetx (05-16-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    The other day my wife and I were at a UPS store renting a mailbox. You are required to have two forms of identification. So, she used her drivers license and her concealed carry permit. I thought another customer in the store was going to have a bad case of the vapors!!! My wife was not carrying at the time and she made that known but it didn't stop the snowflake from being all in a twitch over the mere mention that she could be carrying at some point. Some people are sincerely brain damaged.
    If I had a CC license I would use it for ID, if needed. An ID is just that, an ID.

We live in times where there is an abundance of ignorance on display.

Thread Information