User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: John Stossel explains Seattle's 'Head Tax'

  1. #11
    Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 58.0%

    Quark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    21,646
    Thanks
    40,253
    Thanked: 17,736
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    So anarchy then?
    No freedom and liberty. People need to recognize that governments have a very limited ability and problems can only be solve by people who are free.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (05-17-2018),Crunch (05-16-2018),Rutabaga (05-17-2018)

  3. #12
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 65.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    23,187
    Thanks
    44,603
    Thanked: 24,457
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Giving or receiving?
    both.
    "The nose, knows"

  4. #13
    Nigga please! V.I.P
    Overall activity: 79.0%

    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,234
    Thanks
    4,086
    Thanked: 16,180
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    No freedom and liberty. People need to recognize that governments have a very limited ability and problems can only be solve by people who are free.
    I agree. We need some government to ensure that the basic necessities are available.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crunch For This Useful Post:

    Quark (05-16-2018)

  6. #14
    Nigga please! V.I.P
    Overall activity: 79.0%

    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,234
    Thanks
    4,086
    Thanked: 16,180
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    both.


  7. #15
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 51.0%

    Jen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    15,908
    Thanks
    11,975
    Thanked: 17,721
    Rep Power
    21474855
    If cities like Seattle continue to tax businesses so much, those businesses WILL go elsewhere.............and those cities will be left to find another way to take care of the growing masses of people who do not produce anything but waste products.




  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

    Louise (05-16-2018),Quark (05-16-2018),Rutabaga (05-17-2018)

  9. #16
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 70.0%

    RMNIXON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    28,389
    Thanks
    14,725
    Thanked: 29,194
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Bottom line is this will not be a Tax on the Big Corporations as intended!

    The obvious outcome will be increased consumer costs, especially hitting lower income people, and job flight from the area of Seattle. Ironic they justify this Tax for more money for homeless people, because that will be the end result, more homeless!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

    - Ronald Reagan

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

    Quark (05-16-2018),Rutabaga (05-17-2018)

  11. #17
    Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 58.0%

    Quark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    21,646
    Thanks
    40,253
    Thanked: 17,736
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    If cities like Seattle continue to tax businesses so much, those businesses WILL go elsewhere.............and those cities will be left to find another way to take care of the growing masses of people who do not produce anything but waste products.
    We should allow evolution to run it'a course. Which means non-productive people who create nothing but waste products are allowed to wither on the vine and die.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

    Jen (05-16-2018)

  13. #18
    Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 58.0%

    Quark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    21,646
    Thanks
    40,253
    Thanked: 17,736
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    Bottom line is this will not be a Tax on the Big Corporations as intended!

    The obvious outcome will be increased consumer costs, especially hitting lower income people, and job flight from the area of Seattle. Ironic they justify this Tax for more money for homeless people, because that will be the end result, more homeless!
    But no Communist can see that until they realize the only real solution is forced labor camps and death camps.
    Last edited by Quark; 05-16-2018 at 04:23 PM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (05-17-2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •