User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Threat the American People Ought Most to Fear

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ridge Runner View Post
    Shelly, where have you been, I haven't heard from you in quite awhile.
    Ahhh..... been gearing up for spring... and then.... planting.

I had to make a radical change this year since the soil was all "played out" in my garden. So I tried raised bed for the 1st time. Ended up with four of the things. I didn't realize that most of the work involved was in the hauling, dumping and mixing of the dirt! lol
    Sic semper tyrannis - Everyman
    “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” - Alexander Hamilton
    “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
    The slave doesn’t dream of being free, he dreams of being the master. - Anonymous

Fighting liberal chickens every day....and.... loving it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheldonna For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (05-17-2018)

V.I.P V.I.P
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Proponents of the 2nd Amendment generally agree that the word “militia” encompasses all the able-bodied people characterized above, not just to those such as the National Guard and Reserve, formally employed in the service of the United States.

It's been a while since I looked that the 2nd amendment but it seems to me that I remember: in a 4 or so sentence spread both the words people (or citizen) & militia were used. Now that would indicate to me that the founding fathers wanted BOTH to be armed, not just the militia.

Alumni Member& VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I was off the board for 2 1/2 months between Feb. and Apr. I was in the hospital with pneumonia and kidney failure. Everything is going good now and the drs. will have all of heir restriction on what I can do, lifted in June.
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

Quark (05-17-2018)

Thanks
    I was off the board for 2 1/2 months between Feb. and Apr. I was in the hospital with pneumonia and kidney failure. Everything is going good now and the drs. will have all of heir restriction on what I can do, lifted in June.
    Sorry to hear about that ORR. Oddly enough.... I came down with a really bad chest cold/bronchitis in February that lasted over a month. Was wondering if it was going to turn into pneumonia, but it 'finally' went away... just in time for spring planting (whew)... but my energy level is still down. Several of my friends/family were also sick during those few months of this year. Starting to wonder if it was a contagious strain...?
    “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
    The slave doesn’t dream of being free, he dreams of being the master. - Anonymous

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheldonna For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (05-17-2018)

Alumni Member& VIP V.I.P

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldonna View Post
    Sorry to hear about that ORR. Oddly enough.... I came down with a really bad chest cold/bronchitis in February that lasted over a month. Was wondering if it was going to turn into pneumonia, but it 'finally' went away... just in time for spring planting (whew)... but my energy level is still down. Several of my friends/family were also sick during those few months of this year. Starting to wonder if it was a contagious strain...?
    I don't know but I was up at the VA and had gotten a flu and pneumonia shot two weeks before. Thank goodness my eldest grandson was around, he came and stayed with us and took care of the things I couldn't do. The only thing we haven't been able to do is get my garden in or go and get the fruit trees I want to put in the back yard, but there is always next year.

Thanks
    I don't know but I was up at the VA and had gotten a flu and pneumonia shot two weeks before. Thank goodness my eldest grandson was around, he came and stayed with us and took care of the things I couldn't do. The only thing we haven't been able to do is get my garden in or go and get the fruit trees I want to put in the back yard, but there is always next year.
    Indeed... and with this Texas heat looking like it's going to be a "special" scorcher this year, that is what I'm thinking re: my garden 'this year'. Hope springs, eh?

You are blessed and lucky to have family able and willing to help you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheldonna For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (05-18-2018)

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear that, glad you are feeling better @Old Ridge Runner.
    Last edited by Quark; 05-17-2018 at 10:40 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (05-18-2018)

Alumni Member& VIP V.I.P

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Sorry to hear that, glad you are feeling better @Old Ridge Runner.
    I tried to post a couple of times when I was hospitalized but I had the shakes so bad hat I was lucky I could use my cell phone to call home and talk to my wife.

Alumni Member& VIP V.I.P

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post
    Proponents of the 2nd Amendment generally agree that the word “militia” encompasses all the able-bodied people characterized above, not just to those such as the National Guard and Reserve, formally employed in the service of the United States.

It's been a while since I looked that the 2nd amendment but it seems to me that I remember: in a 4 or so sentence spread both the words people (or citizen) & militia were used. Now that would indicate to me that the founding fathers wanted BOTH to be armed, not just the militia.
    It reads "The Right of the People Shall Not Be Infringed".

Thread Information