Thread: The Threat the American People Ought Most to Fear

Alumni Member& VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The Threat the American People Ought Most to Fear

http://barbwire.com/2018/05/16/the-t...-most-to-fear/

Conservatives often speak as if the suspension of logic in America’s public discourse is an exclusively left-wing deficiency. But some well-meaning conservative participants in the debate over the 2nd Amendment show signs of it as well. On the one hand, they rightly maintain that the word “militia” in the Second Amendment is a term generally applicable to all law-abiding, able-bodied people, of age to recognize and meet their responsibility for the defense of their community. But at the same time they assert that the Constitution means for “the right of the people to keep and bear arms” to be governed solely by individual judgment and self-discipline. Article 1.8 of the U.S. Constitution provides that

The Congress shall have power …to provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;
    To provide for organizing, arming and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively , the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress (emphasis mine);….

Proponents of the 2nd Amendment generally agree that the word “militia” encompasses all the able-bodied people characterized above, not just to those such as the National Guard and Reserve, formally employed in the service of the United States. It comes in a context that invokes the necessary existence of the whole armed body of the people. So, it’s logically apparent that the right to keep and bear arms also encompasses all the individuals comprising that body. After all, once one deprives the individuals of arms, the armed body such people comprise, ceases to exist.
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-16-2018),Garden House Queen (05-16-2018),HawkTheSlayer (05-16-2018),Quark (05-16-2018),teeceenj (05-16-2018)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Without eggs, there is no chicken.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (05-16-2018),Quark (05-16-2018),teeceenj (05-16-2018)

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    But ... right and wrong is fluid and changing. Therein lies the sticky wicket. We look at the past using the eyes of the present. Great men (and women) of their time are now demonized for their "wrongdoings". These "wrongdoings" must be corrected by wiping out any mention of their existence. This erasing and changing of history was recorded as far back as Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Having both good morals/values, and also perfect men who do no wrong is not possible. We should always strive for perfection, but the failings of mortal men should not be reason to abandon our values. It is not the bad actions of good men that we should fear, but the manipulative use of those actions as a call to change our base values.

As the article states, we must be eternally vigilant. This is especially true when we are being manipulated by a majority of our leaders.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Dave37 (05-16-2018),Garden House Queen (05-16-2018),HawkTheSlayer (05-16-2018),memesofine (05-16-2018),Old Ridge Runner (05-16-2018),Quark (05-16-2018),sargentodiaz (05-18-2018),teeceenj (05-16-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteranTagger First ClassCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost Popular
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ridge Runner View Post
    And still.... the leftists always try to say that "militia" means military. They didn't have an official military back then.... so that well-armed militia meant all of "We, the People". And it still does.
    Sic semper tyrannis - Everyman
    “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” - Alexander Hamilton
    “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
    The slave doesn’t dream of being free, he dreams of being the master. - Anonymous

Fighting liberal chickens every day....and.... loving it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sheldonna For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (05-16-2018),Old Ridge Runner (05-17-2018),Quark (05-16-2018)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I can't post this quote enough as I feel it's very fitting TODAY. the citizens need to wake up to it as we have many from BOTH PARTIES, BUT especially that Democommie party calling themselves: the Democrats and stand up to it before it's too late. I have watched this happen over my 63 years and 40 something of them voting. they will try to say it's all a conspiracy or just plain old BS. but many see it as I do. Keep awake

snip:
    Marcus Tullius Cicero > Quotes > Quotable Quote

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/332...-the-ambitious

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to memesofine For This Useful Post:

Old Navy (05-17-2018),Quark (05-16-2018),sargentodiaz (05-18-2018)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I've met and talked with Alan Keyes personally, he is a very smart man. To bad the Republicans did not support his bid for presidency for if they had we would not be where we are today.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (05-17-2018)

Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If you look at this properly in a historical context the so-called America Rebel army, made up of many armed citizens, were in fact British subjects under British colonial law until our Independence was granted.

The British were in fact confiscating guns even from non-combatants during the revolutionary war. That is clearly the intent of the provision, that the Federal Government has no right to disarm citizens against their liberty and property, including the right to defend same.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (05-17-2018),Quark (05-17-2018)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    I'm not worried about weapons. The right-wing is armed to the teeth, and if we ever happened to run out of ammo, the Mexicans will sell us plenty.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (05-17-2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldonna View Post
    And still.... the leftists always try to say that "militia" means military. They didn't have an official military back then.... so that well-armed militia meant all of "We, the People". And it still does.
    Shelly, where have you been, I haven't heard from you in quite awhile.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I've met and talked with Alan Keyes personally, he is a very smart man. To bad the Republicans did not support his bid for presidency for if they had we would not be where we are today.
    Ain't that the truth.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

Quark (05-17-2018)

Thread Information