User Tag List

Thread: Many Canadian College Graduates Can't Find Jobs

Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks

Many Canadian College Graduates Can't Find Jobs

Looks like some serious employment problems in Canada, especially for the younger generation:

Probably from being flooded with immigration.

Canada has never really had the same level of opportunity as the U.S. so it probably does not take as much to throw the system into trouble. Canada also has much more lax immigration policies than the U.S. does, but that may be in part because Canada is not as attractive as a destination country.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Retiredat50 (05-13-2018)

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Thanks
    I think it is too funny! Trudeau initially, as a jab against Trump, said that Canada would take any illegals that America turned away. Then when they started flocking to Canada, he said America needs to enforce their immigration laws, LOL. So very funny!

So, he said for them to come to Canada if America does not want them, in an attempt to put Trump in a bad light, then they did. Now he is crying in whining. I say Canada should build a wall.

Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    They're flying into Canada now just to try to sneak into the U.S. border

Guess Canada isn't that great of a place anymore.
    Last edited by kazenatsu; 05-13-2018 at 02:43 AM.

V.I.P V.I.P
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Many Canadian College Graduates Can't Find Jobs

My question would be: Before you started college did you check the job market? Were there lots of openings in the area that your degree would be in?

Generally the job market in a specific area won't dry up within 4 years. So if there are no jobs now, were there jobs when you picked the degree to aim for? I see & hear about several mistakes that college kids make. 1. They aim & achieve a degree in something that they will never be able to make a living doing. 2. They don't think about the future & actually turning that degree into money. 3. They live to high & party to much. They graduate with massive loan debt.

My guess is that Canadian students are very much like US students. Also I would guess that their parents are similar & either didn't give advise or gave bad advise.

The simple truth is that many degrees are worthless. The kids would be a lot better off learning to drive a front loader or becoming a plumber. But those aren't "clean" jobs so few look at them. Oh well...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Beachcomber (05-13-2018)

Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Seems to me a lot of "non-college" type jobs get a lot of "minority" preference, but then I'm in California. When my shade of skin becomes a minority though, it probably won't help in getting a job.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

Trump has been President for 412 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

Because we have fascists that can't turn this country into Venezuela until the victims are disarmed.

And some said my other husky avatar was scary.

V.I.P V.I.P
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    I was thinking about this topic just the other day. I wonder if there are any statistics compiled or kept on which professions that have a low job rate? We always hear about jobs that there are shortages in but nobody ever talks in anything but a general way about what degrees have a low hiring rate after graduation.

Of course based on my conservative views I feel that nobody wants to put those stats out there because then they might not be able to fill those classes in schools.

Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hard science like math, chemistry and engineering are always in demand. Though bean counters and computer programs have relegated them to a lower necessity in industry, they still want somebody with actual knowledge.

Thread Information