User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Real Value Of Gold & Silver In A Total Collapse May Be NOTHING At All

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by conservative View Post
    I generally can't take anyone seriously who stoop to changing people's names into cutsie cutdowns...which rises to the level of "I'm rubber and your glue"
    Actually its people like that who often make for free entertainment

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karl For This Useful Post:

conservative (02-13-2014)

Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    I'm gonna eat it.

Aw--I'll bet you say that to all the guys.

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlChilders View Post
    Everyday we are inundated with ad after ad invest in GOLD or Silver and protect your wealth and stories about the coming ARMAGEDDON or TOTALcollapse

theres 2 types of gold investment PAPER which is just that shares but paper that will be about as USELESS as Currency

the other is Hold In Your Haand gold aand silver like COINS that have intristic or real value

ah but in a TOTALCOllapse what will it be WORTH

number one industrial demand would DRY UP overnight seending DEMAND cratering

Secondly for Gold and Silver to be worth anything there must be a monetary system to place value upon it

in a REAL COLLAPSE neither will exist

in a true collapse gold and silver will be about WORTHLESS what are ya goona do melt it down and make a ring or a neckalace
    Sorry Karl, but I have to disagree with you on you OP. How long has gold and silver been the preferred mode of payment for goods and services, like forever? If we see a total collapse it will be a major form of barter, if it wasn't governments wouldn't amass so much of the precious metals.

I will agree with one part of your post though, never buy paper when buying precious metals, always buy the hard metal. It's better to have it in your hand that hoping some storage place can get it to you if and when you need it.
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

BleedingHeadKen (02-13-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHeadKen View Post
    Collapse of what? if the Federal government collapses, does that mean the entire world economy collapses? I doubt it. People will still engage in trade. They will buy goods and services.

What is being suggested on this thread is that the only kind of collapse that can happen is one in which we return to a pre-civilization barter economy. I think that is highly unlikely except in a major nuclear event. If the dollar collapses, currency will still exist and gold/silver and other precious metals will come to the fore.

It's best to be prepared for all contingencies, not just the end of civilization.
    I think that the doom and gloomers think that if a total collapse comes we are going to be in a "Book if Eli" system of total anarchy. I agree you should have certain items and food if you have to bug out or if you have to stay in place depending on the situation, and who knows that gold and/or silver may buy you your life and the lives of your family.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

BleedingHeadKen (02-13-2014),conservative (02-14-2014)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHeadKen View Post
    What is being suggested on this thread is that the only kind of collapse that can happen is one in which we return to a pre-civilization barter economy.
    yes, and these internet tough guys are enamored with their imaginary post apocalyptic self images. They're gonna ride out the waves of starved, roving bandits and protect their little fortresses.
    Little John Waynes wanna be's.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to squidward For This Useful Post:

conservative (02-14-2014)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    Those who have the gold tell us the value of the gold.
    who's "those" ?

Member Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    What I find disturbing about those who constantly refer to "you can't eat gold" cliche's, is that there is no need to set up this false choice of either having gold, or having food. I have both. I am preparing for what I feel will be a fundamental change in global economics brought on by a race between the nations of earth to debauch their currencies. When all the the system finally hits a breaking point, and the transition begins, there will be a period of time when most currencies will be becoming worthless if not totally worthless. It only makes sense to have preparations for this event if you look into the history of failed fiat events. There have been numerous events just in the last 50 years, and there are nations going through it now. And while it is a given that during these events there is increased crime and shortage of necessities, I have not seen any "Book of Eli" apocalyptic scenarios play out. Those who pull the levers will try to make our forced impoverishment into a controlled soft landing so as not to wake the sleeping giant.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to conservative For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I would suggest that everyone have some precious metals on hand. Gold and silver jewelery and ingots if you can afford them. I buy on the average, 3 ounces of silver a month, cost is around $119.00. That includes the sellers commission, so silver at the moment is really inexpensive. If you are going to buy, buy from a local dealer, that is where you will get you best deals.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Ridge Runner For This Useful Post:

BleedingHeadKen (02-14-2014),conservative (02-14-2014)

Banned Forum Donor Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlChilders View Post
    Everyday we are inundated with ad after ad invest in GOLD or Silver and protect your wealth and stories about the coming ARMAGEDDON or TOTALcollapse

theres 2 types of gold investment PAPER which is just that shares but paper that will be about as USELESS as Currency

the other is Hold In Your Haand gold aand silver like COINS that have intristic or real value

ah but in a TOTALCOllapse what will it be WORTH

number one industrial demand would DRY UP overnight seending DEMAND cratering

Secondly for Gold and Silver to be worth anything there must be a monetary system to place value upon it

in a REAL COLLAPSE neither will exist

in a true collapse gold and silver will be about WORTHLESS what are ya goona do melt it down and make a ring or a neckalace
    No. There will always be an economy, and there will be after the dollar collapse. Now that being a fact, gold and silver, as it has sine the dawn of man, and before governments, will always be on top. So if you think your safer having nothing, power to you, but you shouldn't force you're ignorance on others.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaelr For This Useful Post:

BleedingHeadKen (02-14-2014),conservative (02-14-2014)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by squidward View Post
    yes, and these internet tough guys are enamored with their imaginary post apocalyptic self images. They're gonna ride out the waves of starved, roving bandits and protect their little fortresses.
    Little John Waynes wanna be's.
    Well, they'll have bucketloads of fiat dollars they can burn to cook the people they kill.
    The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
    -Albert Camus

Away for a while.

Thread Information