User Tag List

Thread: The psychology of the Trump era

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks

The psychology of the Trump era

9 essential lessons from psychology to understand the Trump era

• Rooting for a team alters your perception of the world.
    • We can be immune to uncomfortable facts.
    • Leaders like Trump have special powers to sway public opinion.
    • People don’t often make decisions based on the truth.
    • Political opponents are often really, really bad at arguing with one another.
    • White people’s fear of being replaced is incredibly powerful.
    • It’s shockingly easy to grow numb to mass suffering.
    • Fake news preys on our biases — and will be very hard to stamp out.
    • Conspiracy theories may be rampant, but they’re a specific reaction to a dark, uncertain world.

This reads to me like another attempt to explain why the MSM cannot separate Trump from his base, despite thier best attempts to do so.

I would like to pick apart this point by point of what's wrong with trump voters, but I'll start with "we can be immune to uncomfortable facts".

No, it's more like "I am tired of hearing about it". Nothing ever changes in the varying shades of brown community, whether American Africans, Mexicans, muslims, if it's varying shade of brown, it's malfunctioning in some way, and it is also blaming of whitey for the predicament, whatever that might happen to be.

And the one that was talking about whites being opposed to being replaced, well, duh.

Last edited by Frankenvoter; 04-14-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks
    I'm not scared of being replaced. The simple reality is that no one else can do what I do. And that is true in general, the leftists who are complaining the loudest are the ones who are most ignorant and most incapable. I wouldn't want what they have. No way, no how.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (04-14-2018)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Note how progressives promote ideas like "white peoples fear" as if the rest of humanity is somehow immune from irrational thoughts and beliefs. That is how liberal dementia works, they think they can't possibly suffer the same flaws they project on the so-called opposition.

For example the progressive claim that the only racists are "empowered" white people! That false notion is so off the rails crazy as to be past any rational argument.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (04-14-2018),Jim Scott (04-14-2018)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenvoter View Post
    9 essential lessons from psychology to understand the Trump era

• Conspiracy theories may be rampant, but they’re a specific reaction to a dark, uncertain world.

This reads to me like another attempt to explain why the MSM cannot separate Trump from his base, despite thier best attempts to do so.

I would like to pick apart this point by point of what's wrong with trump voters, but I'll start with "we can be immune to uncomfortable facts".

No, it's more like "I am tired of hearing about it". Nothing ever changes in the varying shades of brown community, whether American Africans, Mexicans, muslims, if it's varying shade of brown, it's malfunctioning in some way, and it is also blaming of whitey for the predicament, whatever that might happen to be.

And the one that was talking about whites being opposed to being replaced, well, duh.

Interesting. I'll give it a brief go.

The perception is already there. We cheer on that which we most identify with. We have to be careful that in time we don’t start to internalize those beliefs as our own and become collectivized through indoctrination.

Yes we can and you can see how the Democrats under Obama ignored facts, preferring beliefs.

So do the vast majority of politicians, it’s what they do. Like lawyers, it’s their job to convince.

They make decisions based on subjective truths. One persons ‘truth’ is another’s belief.

That depends whether they’re using facts or beliefs. You can’t prove a belief with facts and you can’t alter a fact with belief. It’s like comparing apples and pears, you can only debate using facts, or it’s an opinion based waste of time.

And so it should be. White is the only colour that can attract abuse, every other colour is politically correct protected. Specifically those on the left tend to shift the debate from culture to colour. Western civilization is predominantly from those of a white colour. Remove the white and you remove the culture. When the cilture goes so does the civilisation.

Definitely. We tend to live in our own comfort bubbles and many are now so divorced from the horrors of constant reality, they retreat into a world of beliefs and sound bites.

Again definitely, it’s called propaganda and specifically main stream ‘news’ now uses the same subliminal techniques and repetition as advertising. It’s specifically powerful in the US where politics are polarized and news is one-sided.

Not all conspiracy theories are false - Julian Assange and Edward Snowden. In an age of beliefs and false flags, conspiracy theories are a reaction to the politicians or MSM who can no longer be trusted. Unless there is an element of fact contained within them they usually sound bizarre and just like the news, it’s a question of removing belief and seeing what’s left.

Last edited by Pork Chop; 04-16-2018 at 07:27 AM.
    "Liberal stupidity is not a by-product of poverty, race or capitalism; it is a consequence of human nature. It knows no physical or ideological boundaries. A consensus of utter stupidity is the closest mankind will ever reach in achieving equality" - John V

My Blog: "Change My World"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pork Chop For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (04-16-2018)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There is nothing wrong with the list. The problem is trying to tie it to Trump. That list would be valid under the president who hates us, the president who lost the election, or any president in my lifetime.

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    It seems to me that the smarter the person, the more they over analyze EVERYTHING. If a black waitress brings me sweet tea & I ordered unsweetened tea it's not a black/white thing. It's a simple mistake. Yet a really smart person could write a 5 page article about it & the implications of it's meanings. Part of it might be justifying their job but a big part of it is that they can't seem to look at simple facts or a simple event without trying to find the hidden meaning. And the insane part is they can always find a hidden meaning & yet never accept that it could be a simple mistake.

And it's not just smart people that do that. Sometimes if not most times what it is, is exactly what it is.

I didn't vote for Obama because he was a liberal. It had nothing to do with him being black. There are black people I would have voted for. I didn't vote for Hillary but it didn't have anything to do with her being (fill in the blank). She was a crook & a liberal. I could go on & on but basically I'm tired of being told what I am by people that don't know me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

patrickt (04-18-2018)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @Old Tex, a quote that has helped me get through life is, "Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence." Incompetence is often too strong a term. We could use error, instead, but the concept is valid.

Eldridge Cleaver wrote in Soul on Ice that racism should be consider after all other relevant factors such as education have been discounted. Sadly, today, everything goes to prejudice. Of course, it is handy to have a built in excuse for failure. I had to deal with whites who whined about racism.

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    It just gets me that society is full of negative excuses. I didn't get elected because.... I can't pay my rent because... I defaulted on a loan because..... I went bankrupt because....

Now I get that things happen & sometimes they are bad. But I never hear anyone anymore say "Boy I screwed up" because it's never them. The blame is always on someone or something else. To me the first steps to fixing anything are to ask myself Did I do something wrong & then What could I have done different? Now days the first step seems to be to figure out who you can blame. And if everything is someone else's fault you are doomed to repeating mistakes over & over because you didn't learn from your mistakes.

Thread Information