User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: CA learns why confederacies are superior governing

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    msc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked: 116
    Rep Power
    2558701
    California has become more lawless than ever and outwardly defiant of our constitution. The more of a push there is to succeed from the US, the more a push there will be for dividing the state. Sure, doesn't seem likely that either will come to be, but we are living in strange times.

    Frankly a 2 or even 3 state solution would be a great solution to save the normal people in California.
    Can't we all just get along!

  2. #12
    look at the stars
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    733
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked: 100
    Rep Power
    620024
    Quote Originally Posted by msc View Post
    California has become more lawless than ever and outwardly defiant of our constitution. The more of a push there is to succeed from the US, the more a push there will be for dividing the state. Sure, doesn't seem likely that either will come to be, but we are living in strange times.

    Frankly a 2 or even 3 state solution would be a great solution to save the normal people in California.

    No it wouldn't. Thankfully, this is something that Californians would decide, not people from outside the state who'd ordinarily be wishing for our demise.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Overall activity: 6.0%

    Robert Urbanek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Vacaville, CA
    Posts
    1,163
    Thanks
    255
    Thanked: 540
    Rep Power
    1156670
    I think conservatives are a bit optimistic about a three-state partition. Given the sorry state of the Republican Party in California, you would most likely get two liberal states and one conservative state, if even that. Would conservative be happy with two or even four extra Democrats in the U.S. Senate?
    Tonya Harding shot JFK
    https://www.cloud29.us/tonya.html

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Urbanek For This Useful Post:

    anna (04-16-2018)

  5. #14
    look at the stars
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    733
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked: 100
    Rep Power
    620024
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek View Post
    I think conservatives are a bit optimistic about a three-state partition. Given the sorry state of the Republican Party in California, you would most likely get two liberal states and one conservative state, if even that. Would conservative be happy with two or even four extra Democrats in the U.S. Senate?
    Good point. Since the population centers are at the coast, this plan would likely triple Dem senators.

  6. #15
    Alumni Member
    Overall activity: 57.0%

    RobertLafollet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    15,483
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked: 1,103
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    5449183
    San Bernardino county would dominate the 3rd state.

  7. #16
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 50.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    22,493
    Thanks
    42,752
    Thanked: 23,460
    Rep Power
    21474863
    a couple more earth quakes and it all becomes moot...
    "The nose, knows"

  8. #17
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 78.0%

    Sled Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    35,793
    Thanks
    7,385
    Thanked: 21,280
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    21474876
    Quote Originally Posted by anna View Post
    No it wouldn't. Thankfully, this is something that Californians would decide, not people from outside the state who'd ordinarily be wishing for our demise.

    No.

    Don't you know anything?

    It's up to the Congress to approve any such split, and that approval will NEVER come.

    Read the relevant posts explaining why on this thread.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

    Trump has been President for 412 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

    Because we have fascists that can't turn this country into Venezuela until the victims are disarmed.



    And some said my other husky avatar was scary.

  9. #18
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 78.0%

    Sled Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    35,793
    Thanks
    7,385
    Thanked: 21,280
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    21474876
    Quote Originally Posted by anna View Post
    Good point. Since the population centers are at the coast, this plan would likely triple Dem senators.

    ?

    Because it's full of wetbacks and traitors and methheads?
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

    Trump has been President for 412 days and Ruth Bader Ginzberg hasn't had the decency to die. What's up with that?

    Because we have fascists that can't turn this country into Venezuela until the victims are disarmed.



    And some said my other husky avatar was scary.

  10. #19
    Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 81.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    42,230
    Thanks
    8,210
    Thanked: 27,244
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    21474883
    I'm in favor of Secession - I think it's the only way left to save our traditional protections of freedom - but not the Articles of Confederation.

    The Articles failed immediately. IMMEDIATELY.

    The Constitution worked for a hundred years, until, first, Lincoln ignored it; then the social engineers in the Fuddrel Kourts started tinkering with it. UNDO that tinkering; and put in term limits and taxation reform...and it will again work.

    But Washingtoon cannot be made to make it work. The Constitution can go forward, but only with those states that cut the cord to Imperial Washington.

  11. #20
    look at the stars
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    733
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked: 100
    Rep Power
    620024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    No.

    Don't you know anything?

    It's up to the Congress to approve any such split, and that approval will NEVER come.

    Read the relevant posts explaining why on this thread.

    Um, it's a state ballot initiative. Only we Californians get to vote for or against it.




    ... BTW, Do you always foam at the mouth?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •