PDA

View Full Version : Most expensive destroyer in Navy history breaks down

sargentodiaz
11-22-2016, 04:42 PM
https://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.438189.1479840572!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_900/image.jpg

$4.4 BILLION worth of ship can't make it from east to west coast without breaking down. What's this doing to the morale of our sailors? Or does it show a lack of skills to keep these highly-advanced ships afloat.

More @ Navy’s most expensive ship ever breaks down in Panama Canal - U.S. - Stripes (https://www.stripes.com/news/us/most-expensive-destroyer-in-navy-history-breaks-down-1.440702)

RMNIXON
11-22-2016, 05:17 PM
In the hunt for Diversity they forgot to hire an Engineer! :geez:

https://thegentlemanblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/04scotty.jpg

Rutabaga
11-22-2016, 05:53 PM
:geez:

NuYawka
11-22-2016, 05:57 PM
https://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.438189.1479840572!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_900/image.jpg

$4.4 BILLION worth of ship can't make it from east to west coast without breaking down. What's this doing to the morale of our sailors? Or does it show a lack of skills to keep these highly-advanced ships afloat.

More @ Navy’s most expensive ship ever breaks down in Panama Canal - U.S. - Stripes (https://www.stripes.com/news/us/most-expensive-destroyer-in-navy-history-breaks-down-1.440702)
It was probably made by Ford.

Montana
11-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Perhaps not.All engineers are not white there are others to choose from. I think the government still pushes affirmative action.
In the hunt for Diversity they forgot to hire an Engineer!

https://thegentlemanblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/04scotty.jpg

gregonejeep
11-22-2016, 06:11 PM
No wonder it broke. It is in the water upside down.

miss9ball
11-22-2016, 06:15 PM
They might have overpaid.

sargentodiaz
11-22-2016, 06:15 PM

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Big Bird
11-22-2016, 06:19 PM

NuYawka
11-22-2016, 06:25 PM
lol

Puzzling Evidence
11-22-2016, 07:45 PM

More @ Navy€™s most expensive ship ever breaks down in Panama Canal - U.S. - Stripes (https://www.stripes.com/news/us/most-expensive-destroyer-in-navy-history-breaks-down-1.440702)
Why do you guys hate our navy so much? You hate Barrack Obama so much, than in order for you to be a "good soldier" that you are forced to scoff at the best ship of anyone's lifetime. Typical.

Puzzling Evidence
11-22-2016, 07:48 PM
From your article that NONE OF YOU GENIUSES red:

When it arrives in San Diego, the Zumwalt will begin having its combat systems installed before it is tested and evaluated. The process is expected to last through most of 2017, and the ship will not likely join the Navy’s operational fleet until 2018.

It's in the tinkering process and hasn't even joined the navel fleet yet.

Puzzling Evidence
11-22-2016, 07:49 PM
Perhaps not.All engineers are not white there are others to choose from. I think the government still pushes affirmative action.
^Most of your posts are exactly like this -- uneducated.

Knightkore
11-22-2016, 08:05 PM

So this is like the first batch of an iPhone that JUST came out? Or Samsung with batteries exploding?
Well yes.....yes that gives me all the damn confidence in this ship.....

Glub.....glub....glub......by the way they aren't even NEAR an iceberg.....

Knightkore
11-22-2016, 08:06 PM
^Most of your posts are exactly like this -- uneducated.

Yes.....a Mexican that has never learned English and uses common core math is perfectly educated to be an engineer.....

samspade
11-22-2016, 08:27 PM
Yes.....a Mexican that has never learned English and uses common core math is perfectly educated to be an engineer.....That reminds me all teachers should be removed from a class if they divert from the subject matter of the course. I am tired of reading about teachers who preach their politics instead of the assigned material they should be teaching. If a child is learning math, teach that and not preach politics and so on.

keymanjim
11-22-2016, 08:33 PM

It's an engineering problem. Something that should have been taken care of before they put her out to sea.

sooda
11-22-2016, 08:35 PM
It's an engineering problem. Something that should have been taken care of before they put her out to sea.

My friend's son is training computer operators on that ship.. Are they currently on a "shakedown cruise".. He was at Thanksgiving dinner last year.. If I see him Thursday, I'll ask him.

Quark
11-22-2016, 08:45 PM
So we are going to spend 4.4 + 4.4 + 3.7 = 12.5 billion for three POS ships that fires ammo at $800,000 a pop so won't fire any practice rounds. And somehow this is the best destroyer in the Navy.

Obviously, Liberals are now running the Navy.

For that kind of money we could refurbish every battleship in moth ball fleet with a hell of a lot more punch.

keymanjim
11-22-2016, 08:47 PM
My friend's son is training computer operators on that ship.. Are they currently on a "shakedown cruise".. He was at Thanksgiving dinner last year.. If I see him Thursday, I'll ask him.

Or just read the article.

Crew members also saw water intrusion in bearings that connect electrical motors to drive shafts, it reported.

Sled Dog
11-22-2016, 09:46 PM
Why do you guys hate our navy so much? You hate Barrack Obama so much, than in order for you to be a "good soldier" that you are forced to scoff at the best ship of anyone's lifetime. Typical.

Hillary supporters are so ignorant.

They spent almost five times what it cost to build a Los Angeles class submarine....and they can't keep the water out of the People Tank?

Embarassing and the Navy should be getting some refund money from the shipbuilder.

Sled Dog
11-22-2016, 09:48 PM

Your ignorance is fucking AMAZING.

The ship was commissioned.

That means it's IN THE FLEET NOW.

I guess you never served on the commissioning crew of a US naval warship before? Hmmm?

Sled Dog
11-22-2016, 09:51 PM

Bad shaft seals means either shitty design or shitty workmanship, both of which should have been revealed during pre-delivery sea trials, and certainly before the ship was commissioned.

Sled Dog
11-22-2016, 09:52 PM

I thought your friend's son was serving as a benny-boy for the King of Saudi Arabia?

He sure gets around, doesn't he?

Sled Dog
11-22-2016, 09:54 PM
So we are going to spend 4.4 + 4.4 + 3.7 = 12.5 billion for three POS ships that fires ammo at $800,000 a pop so won't fire any practice rounds. And somehow this is the best destroyer in the Navy.

Obviously, Liberals are now running the Navy.

For that kind of money we could refurbish every battleship in moth ball fleet with a hell of a lot more punch.

The problem with battleships:

I know which ship this is, and which ship took the photo.

sooda
11-22-2016, 09:55 PM
I thought your friend's son was serving as a benny-boy for the King of Saudi Arabia?

He sure gets around, doesn't he?
No.. this kid is in the USN and he some kind of avionics wizard.

What is a benny boy?

Sled Dog
11-22-2016, 10:17 PM

What is a benny boy?

It's what they called a male prostitute in the bars in Subic Bay.

Some of us WERE sailors.

Want to know about the Tompopo Club in Yokosuka?

sooda
11-22-2016, 10:21 PM
Some of us WERE sailors. Want to know about the Tompopo Club in Yokosuka?

No thanks .....

Sled Dog
11-22-2016, 10:30 PM
No thanks .....

It's a shame.

I'm certain Bill Clinton went there.

Puzzling Evidence
11-22-2016, 11:04 PM
Hillary supporters are so ignorant.

They spent almost five times what it cost to build a Los Angeles class submarine....and they can't keep the water out of the People Tank?

Embarassing and the Navy should be getting some refund money from the shipbuilder.

I support Hillary? I had no idea. Good catch.

Puzzling Evidence
11-22-2016, 11:05 PM
Your ignorance is fucking AMAZING.

The ship was commissioned.

That means it's IN THE FLEET NOW.

I guess you never served on the commissioning crew of a US naval warship before? Hmmm?

Read the fucking article <<REMOVED>>. I already posted what I said,as taken directly from it.

Go stick it in your ear you loon.

Puzzling Evidence
11-22-2016, 11:06 PM

Some of us WERE sailors.

Want to know about the Tompopo Club in Yokosuka?

You don't know shit about shit, liar.

Sled Dog
11-23-2016, 01:19 AM
Read the fucking article you twit. I already posted what I said,as taken directly from it.

Go stick it in your ear you loon.

Yeah, I read the article.

And since there's SOMEONE posting on this board who's not only DONE the Navy thing, but done the NEW CONSTRUCTION / SEA TRIALS / SHAKEDOWN CRUISE thing, that person will tell @Puzzling Evidence (http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=2569) to blow it out his ass, he's IGNORANT.

You wouldn't want to guess who that poster is who is a plank-owner of a Los Angeles class submarine, would you?

Hmmmm?

And here's another thing for you in your ignorance to ponder.

Name the poster on this board who spent six years keeping the water out of the people tank, specializing in ummm....shaft seals and valves and piping and pumps and all that fun Machinist Mate stuff? Got any guesses?

Hmmmm?

Dana
11-23-2016, 02:37 AM
The 610-foot-long Zumwalt was billed as the most capable surface combat ship in the world when it was commissioned last month in Baltimore. But the most recent issues were not the first it has faced since it left shipbuilder General Dynamics Bath Iron Works in Maine in September.

Headed to san diego????

doomed for life.......

Dana
11-23-2016, 02:43 AM
Nice bridge in the OP pic

Big Dummy
11-23-2016, 03:55 AM
That explains a lot. Sabatours are on board.

Puzzling Evidence
11-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I read the article.

And since there's SOMEONE posting on this board who's not only DONE the Navy thing, but done the NEW CONSTRUCTION / SEA TRIALS / SHAKEDOWN CRUISE thing, that person will tell @Puzzling Evidence (http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=2569) to blow it out his ass, he's IGNORANT.

You wouldn't want to guess who that poster is who is a plank-owner of a Los Angeles class submarine, would you?

Hmmmm?

And here's another thing for you in your ignorance to ponder.

Name the poster on this board who spent six years keeping the water out of the people tank, specializing in ummm....shaft seals and valves and piping and pumps and all that fun Machinist Mate stuff? Got any guesses?

Hmmmm?

You should know better, but you don't. Why? Because you're too much of a partisan.

Puzzling Evidence
11-23-2016, 09:05 AM
One more time, Sled Dog:

When it arrives in San Diego, the Zumwalt will begin having its combat systems installed before it is tested and evaluated. The process is expected to last through most of 2017, and the ship will not likely join the Navy’s operational fleet until 2018.

Puzzling Evidence
11-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Sled Dog, please read this post.

Puzzling Evidence
11-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Tell me again how ignorant I am, Dog...

Knightkore
11-23-2016, 09:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Ma3M_C-hY

This story reminded me of this......

Puzzling Evidence
11-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Sled Dog this ship has not even been outfitted with its weaponry. It's been commissioned? No, it has not. I even provided the information nessesary to back what I have said. It was from the link included in the OP. Good job, there, Skippy.

... And just because you used to paint a boat, dosen't mean you know jack crap.

Puzzling Evidence
11-23-2016, 09:23 AM
The ship will not likely join the Navy’s operational fleet until 2018.

Sled Dog
11-23-2016, 09:41 AM
@Sled Dog (http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=614) this ship has not even been outfitted with its weaponry. It's been commissioned? No, it has not. I even provided the information nessesary to back what I have said. It was from the link included in the OP. Good job, there, Skippy.

... And just because you used to paint a boat, dosen't mean you know jack crap.

Run along little boy and don't come back until you learn what the "USS" stands for in "USS Zumwalt".

You don't know stank and you're making it obvious.

Sled Dog
11-23-2016, 09:41 AM
The ship will not likely join the Navy’s operational fleet until 2018.

It's commissioned.

Deal with it.

Sled Dog
11-23-2016, 09:43 AM
You should know better, but you don't. Why? Because you're too much of a partisan.

My being an American and you not affects the status of this naval warship in what way?

Sled Dog
11-23-2016, 09:44 AM
Tell me again how ignorant I am, Dog...

Unlike ignorant people, I don't have any desire to repeat posts.

Repetition is not evidence of intellect.

Want me to repeat that for you?

Puzzling Evidence
11-23-2016, 10:02 AM

Puzzling Evidence
11-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Sled Dog my point was that this ship is not ready to do battle and it's bugs (since it is a prototype) are still being ironed out.

Why do you hate America?

Sled Dog
11-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Your point is covered by your hat.

Your STATEMENT was

So you're wrong in that "red" is not a verb.

You're wrong that the ship is not in "the fleet".

And you're weird if your navel has a fleet.

My perfectly reasonable assumption is that people post what they mean. If they don't mean what they post, they have problems that I don't have to deal with.

Why didn't you post what you meant to say?

Quark
11-23-2016, 11:09 AM
The problem with battleships:

I know which ship this is, and which ship took the photo.

That's a problem alright but that's a problem with any ship including aircraft carriers.

Quark
11-23-2016, 11:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Ma3M_C-hY

This story reminded me of this......

Puzzling Evidence
11-23-2016, 12:16 PM
Your point is covered by your hat.

Your STATEMENT was

So you're wrong in that "red" is not a verb.

You're wrong that the ship is not in "the fleet".

And you're weird if your navel has a fleet.

My perfectly reasonable assumption is that people post what they mean. If they don't mean what they post, they have problems that I don't have to deal with.

Why didn't you post what you meant to say?

When it arrives in San Diego, the Zumwalt will begin having its combat systems installed before it is tested and evaluated. The process is expected to last through most of 2017, and the ship will not likely join the Navys operational fleet until 2018.

Sled Dog
11-23-2016, 04:28 PM

Ah.

You're one of those people who FEEL that ignorant repetition will make a false statement true, if they only say it often enough.

There's a name for those people.

Normal people call those people "wrong", as in "there's something wrong with that boy".

LongTermGuy
11-23-2016, 04:38 PM

What is a benny boy?
Basic look...

http://images.memes.com/meme/538944

Puzzling Evidence
11-23-2016, 06:51 PM
Ah.

You're one of those people who FEEL that ignorant repetition will make a false statement true, if they only say it often enough.

Normal people call those people "wrong", as in "there's something wrong with that boy".

Ship naming and launching endow a ship hull with her identity, but many milestones remain before she is completed and considered ready to be designated a commissioned ship. The engineering plant, weapon and electronic systems, galley, and multitudinous other equipment required to transform the new hull into an operating and habitable warship are installed and tested. The prospective commanding officer, ship's officers, the petty officers, and seamen who will form the crew report for training and intensive familiarization with their new ship.

I keep repeating this fact, because it bares repeating; this ship has not yet been commissioned.

Why don't you just admit that you have no clue what you are talking about?

Puzzling Evidence
11-24-2016, 04:38 PM
Ah.

Sled Dog

When I'm wrong about something, I just admit it. When I'm completely out of line by insulting a fellow poster WHILE I'm busy being wrong, I apologize.

You have a LOT to learn about what it means to be a stand up guy. Endless insults and constantly calling other posters liars or rodents does not make you big man on campus, it makes you a buffoon who can't argue without making the argument personal.

sargentodiaz
11-24-2016, 05:43 PM
Sled Dog

When I'm wrong about something, I just admit it. When I'm completely out of line by insulting a fellow poster WHILE I'm busy being wrong, I apologize.

You have a LOT to learn about what it means to be a stand up guy. Endless insults and constantly calling other posters liars or rodendents does not make you big man on campus, it makes you a buffoon who can't argue without making the argument personal.

Amen! :thumbsup20:

Dan40
11-24-2016, 07:38 PM
Ship naming and launching endow a ship hull with her identity, but many milestones remain before she is completed and considered ready to be designated a commissioned ship. The engineering plant, weapon and electronic systems, galley, and multitudinous other equipment required to transform the new hull into an operating and habitable warship are installed and tested. The prospective commanding officer, ship's officers, the petty officers, and seamen who will form the crew report for training and intensive familiarization with their new ship.

I keep repeating this fact, because it bares repeating; this ship has not yet been commissioned.

Why don't you just admit that you have no clue what you are talking about?

On 7 December 2015, Zumwalt began her sea trial preparatory to joining the Pacific Fleet. The ship was commissioned in Baltimore on 15 October 2016. She is homeported in San Diego, California.

On 21 November 2016 Zumwalt lost propulsion in its port shaft while passing through the Panama Canal

Calypso Jones
11-24-2016, 09:17 PM
please do not respond to Puzzling evidence because.....

http://ccs.dogpile.com/ClickHandler.ashx?encp=ld%3d20161125%26app%3d1%26c %3dinfo.dogpl%26s%3dDogpile%26rc%3dinfo.dogpl%26dc %3d%26euip%3d174.194.3.153%26pvaid%3d1288eb5efeb64 063a56abb3690363e55%26dt%3dDesktop%26sid%3d1830193 568.4211220218612.1480043724%26vid%3d1830193568.42 11220218612.1446948652.2022%26fcoi%3d417%26fcop%3d topnav%26fct.uid%3d3e1236267b0e434291277954e93d313 d%26fpid%3d27%26en%3d0WEFU%252fZhSoTF%252fFm%252bp LeuVl4UPZzISdzyg%252baGYj7N8ISb7M1aTnzzgA%253d%253 d%26ru%3dhttp%253a%252f%252f24.media.tumblr.com%25 2ftumblr_m7nd0jB4L61rvcjd7o1_250.gif%26coi%3d772%2 6npp%3d33%26p%3d0%26pp%3d0%26mid%3d9%26ep%3d33%26d u%3dhttp%253a%252f%252f24.media.tumblr.com%252ftum blr_m7nd0jB4L61rvcjd7o1_250.gif%26hash%3dB2EBC0425 5B83735E7BA7CCA84EE5F9B&ap=33&cop=main-title

Network
11-24-2016, 09:21 PM
Henry Kissinger is 93.

Network
11-24-2016, 09:30 PM
Henry Kissinger is 93.
The most expensive destroyer in history.
ba dump chink

OverDrive
11-25-2016, 07:40 AM
Henry Kissinger is 93.

Im still trying to figure out how he got all the women he did?!!!

HE WAS QUITE THE LADIES’ MAN
Even in his youth Kissinger didn’t quite fit the bill of a matinee idol, but he’s always been a hit with the ladies. A 1972 poll of Playboy bunnies selected Kissinger as the man with whom Hef’s ladies would most like to go out on a date. He also had a string of celebrity girlfriends in his younger days, including Diane Sawyer, Candice Bergen, Jill St. John, Shirley Maclaine, and Liv Ullman, who called Kissinger, “the most interesting man I have ever met.”
Kissinger’s swinging bachelor days are long gone, though. In 1974 he married philanthropist Nancy Maginnes, a union that seemed at one point seemed so improbable that just a year earlier Nancy had called speculation that she and Kissinger would marry “outrageous.”

http://mentalfloss.com/article/26022/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-henry-kissinger

Calypso Jones
11-25-2016, 08:30 AM
the barry white of the diplomatic world.

Big Dummy
11-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Im still trying to figure out how he got all the women he did?!!!

[B]

http://mentalfloss.com/article/26022/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-henry-kissinger

Power is an aphrodisiac.

OverDrive
11-25-2016, 08:48 AM
Power is an aphrodisiac.

Thk God us men arent that 'shallow'.......<cough, hack>