PDA

View Full Version : My right nut...

Archer
07-22-2013, 07:13 PM
So my right nut is a little swollen. Noticed it over the last week or two. So I will have it checked out in a week or two. If it is something they can cut out and be done that is one thing but I have convictions. At this point I do not think I will treat it if it is cancer, opting to go out with a little dignity. So if I get a little mouthy and the like do not excuse it or try to understand it just know that at times it is a way for God to force us. When He decides we need to act and self preservation is stopping us He can remove that barrier.

Calypso Jones
07-22-2013, 07:20 PM
So my right nut is a little swollen. Noticed it over the last week or two. So I will have it checked out in a week or two. If it is something they can cut out and be done that is one thing but I have convictions. At this point I do not think I will treat it if it is cancer, opting to go out with a little dignity. So if I get a little mouthy and the like do not excuse it or try to understand it just know that at times it is a way for God to force us. When He decides we need to act and self preservation is stopping us He can remove that barrier.

I'm gonna pray for you bud. Whether you like it or not.

Calypso Jones
07-22-2013, 07:24 PM
andI don't know that you should just automatically assume the worst. That can occur at any age and could be nothing. Pain?

Gemini
07-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Good thing you got a spare eh?

Archer
07-22-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm gonna pray for you bud. Whether you like it or not.

Cool. I have seen my life moved too many times not too realize that our lives are purposed. If it is my time I aint happy about it and I hope, already prayed, that it is nothing. No family history of cancer either. Blood parents still smoke dip and one hits the bottle. Still though there is no pain at all it is freaking uncomfortable.

Archer
07-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Good thing you got a spare eh?

Don't need them. Wife had to have her uterus removed (just the bunker) and aint gonna bees no mo babies fo dis daddy. Still keeping one keeps the hormones up and I will still be an SOB just half the SOB I am today.

Calypso Jones
07-22-2013, 07:32 PM
if there's discomfort you should get that looked at. Just for your comfort and peace of mind. 2 weeks you say?

Calypso Jones
07-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Don't need them. Wife had to have her uterus removed (just the bunker) and aint gonna bees no mo babies fo dis daddy. Still keeping one keeps the hormones up and I will still be an SOB just half the SOB I am today.

oh I doubt that. Just having to deal with this will probably double your SOB quotient.

Archer
07-22-2013, 07:37 PM
if there's discomfort you should get that looked at. Just for your comfort and peace of mind. 2 weeks you say?

Yeah. Going to go pay a GP to feel me up a little.

BleedingHeadKen
07-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Real men do self surgery on their testicles. Just make sure you heat up the knife real good, first. The downside is that once you are done, you may not be a real man anymore.

Calypso Jones
07-22-2013, 07:46 PM
exacto knife and duct tape.

Gemini
07-22-2013, 07:56 PM

True, you'll need the hormones otherwise you'll slowly waste away. But you won't be half the SOB, the other one will simply take up the slack. Sometimes they grow.

Archer
07-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Real men do self surgery on their testicles. Just make sure you heat up the knife real good, first. The downside is that once you are done, you may not be a real man anymore.

No! Hell no! The nutz must not suffer from self mutilation!

Trinnity
07-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Archer

http://www.medicinenet.com/swollen_testicles/symptoms.htm (http://www.medicinenet.com/swollen_testicles/symptoms.htm)

http://www.medicinenet.com/symptoms_and_signs/article.htm#introView

Trinnity
07-22-2013, 08:42 PM
A week or two? The only thing that's time sensitive is "torsion", but it sounds like it's NOT that. Call you Dr tomorrow and ask them what to do. Just sayin'. They might want you to come in sooner.

Gemini
07-22-2013, 08:45 PM
@Archer (http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=91)

http://www.medicinenet.com/swollen_testicles/symptoms.htm (http://www.medicinenet.com/swollen_testicles/symptoms.htm)

http://www.medicinenet.com/symptoms_and_signs/article.htm#introView

Is it wrong that I find your concern over another man's testicles amusing? I mean you did take the time to look it up and post it here.

I'll go to the basement.

Archer
07-22-2013, 08:46 PM
A week or two? The only thing that's time sensitive is "torsion", but it sounds like it's NOT that. Call you Dr tomorrow and ask them what to do. Just sayin'. They might want you to come in sooner.

Don't have a Dr. Had one but he would not take cash payment (full payment) because I lost my insurance. I fired his ass.

Gemini
07-22-2013, 08:47 PM

That long? I thought testicular torsion can lead to testicular death within a day? Or am I thinking of something else? As I recall testicular torsion is when the blood supply is impeded correct?

Archer
07-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Is it wrong that I find your concern over another man's testicles amusing? I mean you did take the time to look it up and post it here.

I'll go to the basement.

She works in medicine. I would not post this shit if I just wanted to do a comment and joke session about my swollen balls, well ball.

Calypso Jones
07-22-2013, 08:50 PM
how did you find this doctor you are seeing in 2 weeks?

what about one of those little emergi-care centers.

Gemini
07-22-2013, 08:51 PM
She works in medicine. I would not post this shit if I just wanted to do a comment and joke session about my swollen balls, well ball.

I know, just trying to bring levity. Perhaps unsuccessfully.

Archer
07-22-2013, 08:56 PM
I know, just trying to bring levity. Perhaps unsuccessfully.

Well I thought the comment about my swollen balls, ball was funny.

Roadmaster
07-22-2013, 09:06 PM
13 years olds come in with the same, some theirs get real small. One man came in and his was not visible, went inside him. All types of reasons why and may just be something simple. Unless you get in great pain don't worry yet.

Trinnity
07-22-2013, 09:09 PM

I'll go to the basement.I'm medical. It goes with the territory.

go to the basement, bad boy

Trinnity
07-22-2013, 09:12 PM
That long? I thought testicular torsion can lead to testicular death within a day? Or am I thinking of something else? As I recall testicular torsion is when the blood supply is impeded correct?You didn't understand. His symptoms don't indicate torsion. Torsion manifests in a sudden onset of pain. If he had that, he'd have gone to the ER right away just cuz of the pain.

I'm gonna wedgie you.....

Archer
07-22-2013, 09:14 PM
13 years olds come in with the same, some theirs get real small. One man came in and his was not visible, went inside him. All types of reasons why and may just be something simple. Unless you get in great pain don't worry yet.

Read up on it as it is actually the scrotum (the nut seems normal), no pain just sensitive where it is a little chaffed by my draws. Going to try the ice pack and towel and if it gets worse I will be at my uncles. Several nurses in the family and my aunt actually was a college professor teaching Nursing for years.

Gemini
07-22-2013, 09:19 PM
You didn't understand. His symptoms don't indicate torsion. Torsion manifests in a sudden onset of pain. If he had that, he'd have gone to the ER right away just cuz of the pain.

I'm gonna wedgie you.....

:sofa::cya20:

Roadmaster
07-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Going to try the ice pack and towel and if it gets worse I will be at my uncles. Good and try to put a pillow under you to elevate it.

Trinnity
07-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Oh, so it's scrotal swelling, @Archer (http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=91). You have to be specific with me....lol.

That's different.

http://www.clinicaladvisor.com/infections-tumors-and-lumps-affecting-the-scrotal-content/article/253191/#

Most scrotal-content lesions are benign, cystic and found in the paratesticular tissue. Unlike adult testicular lesions, which are malignant 95% of the time, extra-testicular lesions are almost always benign.1 The clinical challenge is determining which is which and helping the patient feel confident in the assessment and treatment plan.

It's prolly nothing, but get thee to a doctor asap. Take care of yourself, hon.

Gemini
07-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Oh, so it's scrotal swelling, @Archer (http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=91). You have to be specific with me....lol.

That's different.

http://www.clinicaladvisor.com/infections-tumors-and-lumps-affecting-the-scrotal-content/article/253191/#

Isn't scrotal swelling more indicative of a hernia? Because I saw a dude in boot camp with a scrotum easily the size of a cantaloupe, I mean the guy had to carry it and waddle anywhere he went it was that big. He couldn't do much of nothing.

Trinnity
07-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Isn't scrotal swelling more indicative of a hernia? Because I saw a dude in boot camp with a scrotum easily the size of a cantaloupe, I mean the guy had to carry it and waddle anywhere he went it was that big. He couldn't do much of nothing.
Not sure. I'm an xray tech, not a nurse. I don't do xrays for any of this stuff.

OceanloverOH
07-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Read up on it as it is actually the scrotum (the nut seems normal), no pain just sensitive where it is a little chaffed by my draws. Going to try the ice pack and towel and if it gets worse I will be at my uncles. Several nurses in the family and my aunt actually was a college professor teaching Nursing for years.

Actually, according to my doc, better than any ice-pack is a bag of frozen peas. Since the bag is pliable because the peas are small, you can "mold it" to encase the area that's swollen, instead of an ice-pack just laying on top of it. Have maybe 3 bags of peas and alternate/re-freeze them (just mark the bags "MEDICAL" so you don't accidentally eat them, LOL!

Archer
07-22-2013, 10:16 PM

I already checked! Did the sack push and cough.

Gemini
07-22-2013, 10:18 PM
I already checked! Did the sack push and cough.

Well, I'm no doctor, so I remain baffled.

Dan40
07-22-2013, 10:49 PM

BY all means WAIT! Its only two weeks now. WAIT! another 2 weeks or more.

BRILLIANT!

Archer
07-22-2013, 11:00 PM
BY all means WAIT! Its only two weeks now. WAIT! another 2 weeks or more.

BRILLIANT!

You got insurance there bub? I pay for mine. But Obama is going to fine me for paying my way soon.

Dan40
07-22-2013, 11:07 PM
You got insurance there bub? I pay for mine. But Obama is going to fine me for paying my way soon.

Yes, I have insurance. Does, "I pay for mine," mean that you do or do not have insurance.

And does having or not having insurance preclude rational thought?

WHY would you wait? WHY have you already waited this long? Money? Foolish!

See the doc NOW, pay when you can. It happens every day in every doc's office.

Archer
07-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Yes, I have insurance. Does, "I pay for mine," mean that you do or do not have insurance.

And does having or not having insurance preclude rational thought?

WHY would you wait? WHY have you already waited this long? Money? Foolish!

See the doc NOW, pay when you can. It happens every day in every doc's office.

I will see one as soon as I can. Probably wed at the soonest.