PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite arms

President Peanut
07-21-2013, 04:15 AM
Just curious what everyone prefers. I don't want to know what you own or why, but your history (if any) of what you have shot and if you liked it.

I have shot many things, from the 5.56 from the military to an SKS. I love just about anything I have the opportunity to use, with few exceptions. For instance, I don't like the AK, as it was not very accurate at mid to long ranges. Great as a home defense tool I imagine. I also was not real impressed with the Desert Eagle (.50 for those not aware). Beautiful detail for a firearm, but way to damn heavy.

I do enjoy shotguns, primarily single shot. My favorite is the 20 ga. single shot my Dad got me for a birthday present when I was 7. I love to use it for deer hunting more than my 12 ga. pump! Guess it is more sentiments than mechanics. I also enjoyed my time in comp. shooting, with my focus on the 5.56. I think probably one of the best rifles I ever had the opportunity to shoot was the Barret sniper rifle our scouts used from my old battalion. Loud as hell, but damn it was fun!

Anyone else have some fond Second Amendment memories they care to share?

*High NSA! I hope you are at least a decent looking chick. Remember, glasses are hot, so wear 'em if you got 'em.*

TheTemporaryBG
07-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Do you mean of what I personally own or from what I carry in the corps? I'm Springfield all the way because that is what I was trained on. I've owned an AK that was polish made with extended stock and I beat the hell out of that thing.

hoosier8
07-21-2013, 10:14 AM
I like my girl friends arms particularly.

webrockk
07-21-2013, 04:45 PM
I've got my eye on the Circuit Judge 410/45. nice little multi-purpose rig....with some features that attract a "tinkerers" eye.

President Peanut
07-22-2013, 05:12 AM
Do you mean of what I personally own or from what I carry in the corps? I'm Springfield all the way because that is what I was trained on. I've owned an AK that was polish made with extended stock and I beat the hell out of that thing.

No, I didn't want you to post your personal arms, as the NSA would have a field day with it. :thumbsup20: But thanks for sharing your preferences! I love--LOVE--the Springfield XDM series. I prefer the .40 over the 9 or .45, but all are nice. I tried out a compact, but didn't like it over the full size.

President Peanut
07-22-2013, 05:13 AM
I've got my eye on the Circuit Judge 410/45. nice little multi-purpose rig....with some features that attract a "tinkerers" eye.

Sounds great! We can hunt in Indiana with a rifle, so long as it corresponds to a pistol caliber and up to a certain point, although I must admit I forget the max. This would make an excellent hunting tool!

kilgram
07-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Sword: Claymore and Katana
Spears
Arrows and bows.

And ban to fire weapons like guns, pistols, rifles...

patrickt
07-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Many years ago I was speaking with a university class and a bright young man demanded to know why police officers wore guns since they didn't, at that time, in England. I said, "I want to see a show of hands. How many of you have guns at home?" Almost everyone raised a hand and after some hesitation so did the young man who asked the question. I said, "That's the reason."

Now, if I lived in Chicago or Los Angeles or New York or Washington DC or Miami or Houston I would give up my gun when the gangsters and thugs gave up their guns. I would certainly not count on unenforced laws to protect me or liberal politicians.

hoosier8
07-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Spears
Arrows and bows.

If you think you can ban guns, then you can ban swords, spears, bows and arrows just a easily.

President Peanut
07-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Spears
Arrows and bows.

I most certainly disagree. Primitive forms of weaponry (no offense) are great, but to suggest a ban on all firearms is crazy. Sure, England banned them. But they didn't have a guarantee in their founding document either. The United States has that guarantee and I absolutely hate bans of firearms! The only people it truly affects are law abiding citizens, as most criminals get their firearms via a girlfriend with no record or black market/underground means. Both skirt the system and only provide undue restrictions to those 98.9% of lawful gun owners that never kill, maime, or even have to point a firearm at another human being. I believe there is a user on here with a quote from a Texas legislator stating you can tell how much a politician trusts citizens via their stand on the Second Amendment (summarized of course). I believe that to be the truest thing I have heard yet about the 2nd.