PDA

View Full Version : Civil rights leaders seek new charges against Zimmerman

Archer
07-14-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/14/zimmerman-not-guilty-national-reaction/2515143/

Angry civil rights groups on Sunday were pressing for new criminal charges following George Zimmerman's acquittal on second-degree murder and manslaughter in a Florida courtroom.The NAACP website featured an online petition -- also posted on the liberal site MoveOn.org -- asking the Justice Department to bring federal charges against Zimmerman in the February 2012 fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
"The most fundamental of civil rights — the right to life — was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin," the petition says. "We ask that the Department of Justice file civil rights (criminal) charges against Mr. Zimmerman for this egregious violation."

Lets do that. Every person on death row and well every person in prison that was involved in any crime that involved some sort of harm to another person need be tried federally as well!

And since when did mobs rule justice? We put a stop to that with the KKK.

garyo
07-14-2013, 06:53 PM
This is the travesty we call Government, I call it bullshit.

DDave
07-14-2013, 07:06 PM
So the judge and the jury were racists, I suppose?

Six female jurors . . . can you imagine the shitstorm we would be seeing if there were any white males on the jury?

The liberal media has to tread carefully here. A female judge and all female jury . . . should be interesting to watch.

I predict it will die down in a couple of weeks time. Obummer is already trying to exploit this to bring back his push for gun control.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/14/19467556-obama-honor-trayvon-martin-by-battling-gun-violence?lite

Captain Obvious
07-14-2013, 07:36 PM
If the "double jeopardy" principle is disregarded, then the legal system failed.

If the Martins want to sue civilly aka the OJ suit, fine. If we disregard the ruling of a court of law after a fair trial because the outcome isn't popular with some, then the system is a farce.

Archer
07-14-2013, 07:37 PM
So the judge and the jury were racists, I suppose?

Six female jurors . . . can you imagine the shitstorm we would be seeing if there were any white males on the jury?

The liberal media has to tread carefully here. A female judge and all female jury . . . should be interesting to watch.

I predict it will die down in a couple of weeks time. Obummer is already trying to exploit this to bring back his push for gun control.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/14/19467556-obama-honor-trayvon-martin-by-battling-gun-violence?lite

Yeah I saw that but at this point I actually feel safer in my duties as family protector with one. First time ever.

Archer
07-14-2013, 07:38 PM
If the "double jeopardy" principle is disregarded, then the legal system failed.

If the Martins want to sue civilly aka the OJ suit, fine. If we disregard the ruling of a court of law after a fair trial because the outcome isn't popular with some, then the system is a farce.

Ahh but it is not the same crime.

The XL
07-14-2013, 07:48 PM
For Gods sake.

Archer
07-14-2013, 07:50 PM
For Gods sake.

See other thread. DOJ reviewing case. These bastards will not rest until there is total civil unrest.

Captain Obvious
07-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Ahh but it is not the same crime.

If that's the argument, it can be applied to virtually every murder trial ever tried.

Archer
07-14-2013, 08:01 PM
If that's the argument, it can be applied to virtually every murder trial ever tried.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/14/zimmerman-not-guilty-national-reaction/2515143/

Lets do that. Every person on death row and well every person in prison that was involved in any crime that involved some sort of harm to another person need be tried federally as well!

And since when did mobs rule justice? We put a stop to that with the KKK.

Don't sweat it bro I had that covered in the OP:)