PDA

View Full Version : Most americans for background checks

Common
04-29-2013, 05:09 AM
65% of americans are for background checks, 29% are not and 45% of republicans are for back ground checks.

Americans Wanted Gun Background Checks to Pass Senate Support varies from 85% among Democrats to 45% among Republicans
Sixty-five percent of Americans say the U.S. Senate should have passed the measure that would have expanded background checks for gun purchases, while 29% agree with the Senate's failure to pass the measure.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/162083/americans-wanted-gun-background-checks-pass-senate.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines

04-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Polls mean nothing because how you frame the question is everything. If you said (and this is true of Reid's and Feinstein's plan) that mental health checks are part of it and veterans coming back with a diagnosis of PTSD would be ineligible most people would be like "Hell no!"

Archer
04-29-2013, 10:01 AM
65% of americans are for background checks, 29% are not and 45% of republicans are for back ground checks.

Americans Wanted Gun Background Checks to Pass Senate

Support varies from 85% among Democrats to 45% among Republicans

Sixty-five percent of Americans say the U.S. Senate should have passed the measure that would have expanded background checks for gun purchases, while 29% agree with the Senate's failure to pass the measure.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/162083/americans-wanted-gun-background-checks-pass-senate.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines

I support the expansion of the current NICS system to cover all transfers including leaving a weapon to a person in your will. Hey find another person to leave the weapon to.

Calypso Jones
04-29-2013, 01:48 PM
I don't believe that BS for a minute.

Background checks wouldn't have stopped this Tsarnaev bunch. If Homeland Security, D0J, FBI, Obama Admin had done their homework it wouldn't have happened. Americans SHOULD NOT have to put up with this CRAP.

And WHO allowed these frackin' mama and daddy Jihad to leave this country?? Don't give me this George Bush 'ship' on saudis. THIS is the AZZhOLE we have to deal with now...and as wishy washy as GWB was, this guy is 100 times worse cause he actually HATES this country as much as the f'ing Tsarnaevs.

Archer
04-29-2013, 01:52 PM

Background checks wouldn't have stopped this bunch. If Homeland Security, D0J, FBI, Obama Admin had done their homework it wouldn't have happened. Americans SHOULD NOT have to put up with this CRAP.

And WHO allowed these frackin' mama and daddy Jihad to leave this country?? Don't give me this George Bush ship on saudis. THIS is the AZZhOLE we have to deal with now...and as wishy washy as GWB was, this guy is 100 times worse cause he actually HATES this country as much as the f'ing Tsarnaevs.

So what is the issue with making all arms transfers meet the current gun store standards?

04-29-2013, 01:53 PM

Background checks wouldn't have stopped this bunch. If Homeland Security, D0J, FBI, Obama Admin had done their homework it wouldn't have happened. Americans SHOULD NOT have to put up with this CRAP.

If they didn't help them with Boston--but that's an uncharitable opinion of mine based off of who benefited from Boston. Wasn't Chechnya, wasn't Islam...it was the US government.

Yes, I'm mean today.