PDA

View Full Version : Say I support gun control and we completely disarm all legal gun owners

Archer
04-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Other than a reduction in accidental discharges what will it to to increase safety?

Will the criminals turn in their guns? Will nut cases no longer be able to get the hardware to commit mass murder? Will the constitutional duty of the government be expanded to protect me and my family?

Gun control is a joke!

04-15-2013, 12:53 PM
No, but gun control advocates believe that most weapons used to kill are registered and that criminals are stupid.

Archer
04-15-2013, 01:43 PM
No, but gun control advocates believe that most weapons used to kill are registered and that criminals are stupid.

I really think liberalism is a mental disorder! Liberals are generally willfully ignorant of reality and many of them are brainwashed bottom feeding lemmings looking for a handout.

Fearandloathing
04-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Other than a reduction in accidental discharges what will it to to increase safety?

Will the criminals turn in their guns? Will nut cases no longer be able to get the hardware to commit mass murder? Will the constitutional duty of the government be expanded to protect me and my family?

Gun control is a joke!

You need to look at areas where gun control is working, Europe and Canada specifically.

What well structured gun laws do is place an accountability on the ownership. FFS, you need to take driving lessons and pass a test to drive a car, but anyone can walk in a buy any gun practically and leave it around for kids to play with and/or steal.

It will also eliminate firearms theft and reduce crimes of passion involving a firearm; everything from wave a gun in your neighbor's face to killing your wife and kids.

And it will drive the public to pressure politicians to get control of illegal gun sales and ownership. The gun owning public is going to be extremely intolerant of illegal gun toters.....

No, it will not eliminate the kind of shootings that drive this current move for controls, one of the reasons its failing. But, it's a start, and sooner of later the American public is going to have to be dragged from the 19th to the 21st century and accept that a gun is not the answer to every threat like it was for Matt Dillon.

Fearandloathing
04-15-2013, 01:57 PM
I really think liberalism is a mental disorder! Liberals are generally willfully ignorant of reality and many of them are brainwashed bottom feeding lemmings looking for a handout.

You engage in exactly the same activity for which I condemn liberals; tainting an entire segment of society with one, narrow and sparse brush.

And done so in a thread on gun control in a manner that suggests only liberals favor gun control and one of the reasons you consider a political stance/world view to be a mental disorder.

In fact, a true "liberal" position would be no controls whatsoever while the pure "conservative" view would be extreme restrictions on ownership AND use.....like banning hunting etc.

I hate to ask what is your position on mental illness and what should be society's response to that medical problem.

Archer
04-15-2013, 03:50 PM
You engage in exactly the same activity for which I condemn liberals; tainting an entire segment of society with one, narrow and sparse brush.

And done so in a thread on gun control in a manner that suggests only liberals favor gun control and one of the reasons you consider a political stance/world view to be a mental disorder.

In fact, a true "liberal" position would be no controls whatsoever while the pure "conservative" view would be extreme restrictions on ownership AND use.....like banning hunting etc.

I hate to ask what is your position on mental illness and what should be society's response to that medical problem.

Classic liberalism and what we have today are not the same. I personally don't give a crap what laws they pass because other that a total ban on them where the stop the sale of all guns and take them up I am fine and as long as you can buy them I have no issues getting them legal. What I am pissed about is the pure stupidity of this entire issue. I think the boston bombings prove my point.

By the way I only use 5 rnd clips in my AK and I don't hunt with it anymore; putting it aside for my more powerful six shooter. I don't care about bans because they will not affect me but I care about the lack of logic behind them and have to wonder about the idiots in DC.

teeceetx
04-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Yes liberalism is a mental disorder. The American public is by and large, mentally deficient. hence the inability of companies to hire American workers. Our schools fail to educate, and the American public is a direct reflection of that failure. No wonder they cannot see the tyranny in front of their face. Any wonder why they are so eager to support eradication of the Second Amendment?

pollycy
04-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Classic liberalism and what we have today are not the same. I personally don't give a crap what laws they pass because other that a total ban on them where the stop the sale of all guns and take them up I am fine and as long as you can buy them I have no issues getting them legal. What I am pissed about is the pure stupidity of this entire issue. I think the boston bombings prove my point.

By the way I only use 5 rnd clips in my AK and I don't hunt with it anymore; putting it aside for my more powerful six shooter. I don't care about bans because they will not affect me but I care about the lack of logic behind them and have to wonder about the idiots in DC.

Back when I was a kid, the Democrat Party was made up mostly of loyal, hard-working, taxpaying American Middle-Class people. My parents were people like this as so many folks in Texas were in the 1950's up to the mid-1960's. Then, slowly but inexorably, everything started sliding into a chaotic morass of class hatred that boiled up out of the Vietnam War and all the troubles between Whites, Blacks, and Mexicans. By the end of the 1970's, the whole country was dividing up into two camps: very conservative Reagan-Republicans, and very liberal Jimmy Carter Democrats. Today, everything is much worse, and the hatred between Conservatives and Liberals is greater than at any time in my life... a sad, wretched situation, indeed.

There may be no real practical solution to the problems we have. Logic and pragmatism would indicate that instead of outlawing things like magazine clips for weapons, we should round up the criminally-insane and put them in encampments where they can do no harm to society. Those who commit crimes should be given harsh, long sentences, and then kept in prison to serve their full terms -- no probation! But the Libs would all howl and raise hell if we did that. Instead, they'd ban the weapons magazines, let the crazy bastards roam around at will, and let the criminals out after serving less than half the sentences they were assigned, and then look pop-eyed with astonishment when the next mass-murders occur :jawdrop: . The gulf between these factions has grown for over 40 years, and when it finally comes to a climax the conclusion is probably going to be ugly as hell....

gamewell45
04-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Yes liberalism is a mental disorder. The American public is by and large, mentally deficient. hence the inability of companies to hire American workers. Our schools fail to educate, and the American public is a direct reflection of that failure. No wonder they cannot see the tyranny in front of their face. Any wonder why they are so eager to support eradication of the Second Amendment?

If your schools are as bad as you make them out to be I certainly hope you home school your kids.

st james
04-16-2013, 08:35 PM
It really does come down to education. Since the fed gov took the reins of public education it has been failing. The whole school system is made up of tiny corporations, competing for fed dinero, substituting a well grounded education for "How to Live the Lib Life-style."
Two things happen when you get involved with home schooling. Parents are smarter than your average teacher. They have to be. This produces a better educated adult at the end.
Smarter parents, smarter children. Better people.
IF you can't do it, then help everyday. Learn what they are teaching and learn how to gently undo it, but be involved. Or home school.

teeceetx
04-16-2013, 09:11 PM
If your schools are as bad as you make them out to be I certainly hope you home school your kids.

No home school. Just very expensive private schools.

pollycy
04-17-2013, 07:36 AM
No home school. Just very expensive private schools.

And the great irony is that we Americans spend more money per student in public schools than any other country in the world: http://rossieronline.usc.edu/u-s-education-versus-the-world-infographic/

It's amazing how many of today's twenty and thirty-something's can't do 4th-Grade arithmetic in their heads, tell you when the U. S. Constitution was written (or much about what's in it), or find Brazil on a map of the world. Their writing abilities directly reflect their thinking processes, and that is as frightening as it is depressing. If you've spent much time in other parts of the world, you know that not all children are raised to be badly-educated morons....