PDA

View Full Version : Killer Bacon Egg and Cheese Omeletts Cooking With SLH get your Eat On

Karl
04-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Totally awesome easy bacon egg and cheese omellettes

First I fry bacon like 4-5 strips

Next I take four eggs stir them around in a bowl

Take a cheese grater shred bacon and add 2 slices of American cheese "over the bowl with eggs"

For an added touch some chopped onion and green pepper

Last but not least EAT

NO Bacon No Problem Hot Dogs work well in this too

Melt a tablespoon of butter in skillet mix it all together and pour in fry up

Karl
04-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Make a stiff blood mary to wash it down

Trinnity
04-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Bacon....omg. Everything is better with bacon.

Karl
04-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Bacon....omg. Everything is better with bacon.
Trinnity

I KNOW

Why is it the UNHEALTHY STUFF we crave the most?

Why can't Veggies and Oatmeal TASTE LIKE BACON

WHY OH WHY NOT

countryboy
04-14-2013, 10:51 AM
@Trinnity (http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=7)

I KNOW

Why is it the UNHEALTHY STUFF we crave the most?

Why can't Veggies and Oatmeal TASTE LIKE BACON

WHY OH WHY NOT
Actually, this stuff (https://www.morningstarfarms.com/products/breakfast/veggie-bacon-strips) ain't bad at all. Does it taste like real bacon? Of course not, but still, I love it. Beware, it is not a fat free, or low sodium product.

Karl
04-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Actually, this stuff (https://www.morningstarfarms.com/products/breakfast/veggie-bacon-strips) ain't bad at all. Does it taste like real bacon? Of course not, but still, I love it. Beware, it is not a fat free, or low sodium product.

VEGETARIAN BACON

Never heard of it

I'm gonna assume it tastes more like Turkey Bacon than Oscar Meyer

Trinnity
04-14-2013, 11:08 AM
You all have been brainwashed by the food nazis. One thing I'm an expert on, is nutrition.

A slice of cooked bacon is only about 35 calories. It has much less calories and fat than sausage - it's not even close. If you greatly cut down or cut out sausage, you can have all the bacon you want. AND I would never eat an egg white. Throwing away a perfectly good protein is a terrible waste. Children are starving in Africa!!!

PS; uh .....damn, I forgot.

countryboy
04-14-2013, 11:11 AM
You all have been brainwashed by the food nazis. One thing I'm an expert on, is nutrition.

A slice of cooked bacon is only about 35 calories. It has much less calories and fat than sausage - it's not even close. If you greatly cut down or cut out sausage, you can have all the bacon you want. AND I would never eat an egg white. Throwing away a perfectly good protein is a terrible waste. Children are starving in Africa!!!

That's fine, as long as you have the proper genetics, some of us don't. You cannot eat all the bacon you want, at least I can't. I don't listen to the food Nazi's, just common sense.

I'm with ya on the egg white thing.....yuck.

countryboy
04-14-2013, 11:12 AM
VEGETARIAN BACON

Never heard of it

I'm gonna assume it tastes more like Turkey Bacon than Oscar Meyer

Nope, doesn't taste like turkey bacon, which I like but why bother, it's not much lower in fat and cholesterol than real bacon.

Karl
04-14-2013, 11:23 AM

That avatar is AWESOME Trinnity

I totally dig the K-9 astronaut

Up up and away space doggy

Trinnity
04-14-2013, 11:28 AM
That's MY dog, Jack. He's a Parson's Russell.

He works for NASA - on a lunar project to find out why dogs bark at the moon. He thinks it's real funny - so he gets me to go out on the front porch at night, sometimes and bark. That gets all the other doggies around here barking....we think that's a hoot. We like that sort of cheap entertainment out here in the country. We're just hicks, you know.

He like bacon.

OceanloverOH
04-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Bacon....food of the gods! Here's a bacon recipe to die for (I may have posted this a few months ago.....my brain is oatmeal these days........)

Candied Bacon

1 pound bacon
Brown sugar
Crushed red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 375.

Use thick sliced bacon from the butcher. The pre-sliced packaged stuff just doesn't work nearly as well.

Place bacon slices in single layer on baking sheet.
Put at least one tablespoon brown sugar on each slice, spreading it evenly.
Sprinkle red pepper flakes for a zip of extra flavor.

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until nicely browned. The darker it gets without burning, the better.

Prepare to be amazed and scarfing down a whole pound of the stuff without thinking about the calories or fat.