PDA

View Full Version : Obama's budget: Idiocracy on display

Trinnity
04-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Early analysis: Obama's 2014 budget numbers are based on bad math, phantom revenues, imagined spending cuts and a middle-class tax hike

White House promises $1.8 trillion in deficit reduction, although similar previous claims have been debunked
New method of measuring cost-of-living increases will lower benefit payouts and push middle-class earners into higher tax brackets
Speaker Boehner's spokesperson: 'Any deficit reduction will come exclusively from tax hikes'
Administration's formula depends on cost savings from Obamacare, which may be more costly to implement than previously thought

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306688/Obama-2014-budget-analysis-Numbers-based-imagined-spending-cuts-middle-class-tax-hike.html#ixzz2Q4WFY1t9

Okay, who wrote this budget proposal? I'd sure like to know.

Obama is a total idiot, not some evil genius. And his shadowy global handlers don't exist. He's no leader, but a pampered quasi dictator, too busy with parties, vacation, and golf, to give a shit about anything beyond the glitz and priveledge of being potus. None of this makes sense....what am I missing???

Is the budget just a sham because they don't care one bit about actually having a budget? Is that sham budget a big laugh in our faces? I wonder.

Archer
04-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Okay, who wrote this budget proposal? I'd sure like to know.

Obama is a total idiot, not some evil genius. And his shadowy global handlers don't exist. He's no leader, but a pampered quasi dictator, too busy with parties, vacation, and golf, to give a shit about anything beyond the glitz and priveledge of being potus. None of this makes sense....what am I missing???

Is the budget just a sham because they don't care one bit about actually having a budget? Is that sham budget a big laugh in our faces? I wonder.

[/LEFT]

I posted this on FB about it:

I can agree with the wealthy not getting welfare in the form of a SS check and medicare every month that is a no brainier. Anyone who has read the act knows its intent was not to give the wealthy a bonus every month after they reach a set age.

What I do not understand is why Obama is mixing a SS solvency issue with the budget. Why is he wanting to cut SS benefits to all in the form of reduced COLA when the issue really has nothing to do with the Budget. Does he want to clear up more money to steal from the fund?

EDIT: By the way you need to change that AVA trinn. I have an avatar crush on it.

Trinnity
04-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Forgive me but you do know there's no SS fund right?

Trinnity
04-10-2013, 10:09 AM
http://thepoliticsforums.com/image.php?u=7&dateline=1365606525

How's that, Archer, better? That's my dog, Jack. He works for NASA.

Archer
04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
http://thepoliticsforums.com/image.php?u=7&dateline=1365606525

How's that, @Archer (http://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=91), better? That's my dog, Jack. He works for NASA.

Cool! My dog is not that bright. She lets food hit her in the face instead of catching.

Archer
04-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Forgive me but you do know there's no SS fund right?

No it is not some big trust fund as we think of it. It is a ponzi scheme.

I was getting at the mixing of apples and oranges.

Trinnity
04-10-2013, 10:17 AM
No it is not some big trust fund as we think of it. I is a ponzi scheme.Right you are.

FICA taxes collected go into the general revenue and spent on whatever. So it's an unfunded liability and therefore part of the budget - in fact the largest portion of the budget, along with Medicare. Once again the govt stole peoples' money and wasted it. And of course, it's been that way for many decades....since the start, I suppose. Sad; it didn't have to be that way, but our leaders are thieves and vampires, so now we find our great nation insolvent with massive debt obligations for us and our children, grandchildren...etc, et al.

Archer
04-10-2013, 10:31 AM
To me SS needs restructuring and a phase down just like every other part or our government.

Trinnity
04-10-2013, 10:58 AM
To me SS needs restructuring and a phase down just like every other part or our government.Agreed. And unfortunately at this point, although it's ethically unfair to the rich folks who paid in....means testing is something I think must be a serious option for our legislators to consider.

Archer
04-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Agreed. And unfortunately at this point, although it's ethically unfair to the rich folks who paid in....means testing is something I think must be a serious option for our legislators to consider.

Ethically unfair? It is a poor tax. I am not the type to say tax the rich either. I say tax everyone.

But that tax is meant to help those who can not help themselves. It is not really retirement age either; it is age of eligibility. The wealthy have never seen as much benefit from their tax dollar as the poor or middle class.

I home school my daughter but still pay property tax. Why? I could twist this around and say the government needs to cut me a check for 8G a year because they are not paying it for my daughter to go to school.

Trinnity
04-10-2013, 11:08 AM
So anyone want to venture a reason Obama keeps submitting really stupid, DOA budgets year after year?

Lemme guess....the dems don't want a budget, so they can

1) just keep spending through continuing resolutions
2) NOT be on record for voting for anything, budget-wise, that can be used against them later for accountability reasons.

Congress is REQUIRED by law to pass a budget. NOW WHAT?

If they won't do what's required by law and the ignorant and bought off masses keep voting for them........we're skeee-rooood.

Time for a revolution, methinks.

Archer
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM
My guess would be that he wants to cause a crisis of constitutional proportions and then in that crisis he can use the power he gave himself to become dictator.