PDA

View Full Version : Conn. lawmakers unveil gun control plan

Trinnity
04-02-2013, 07:26 AM
The Connecticut deal includes a ban on new high-capacity ammunition magazines like the ones used in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School that left 20 children and six educators dead. There are also new registration requirements for existing magazines that carry 10 or more bullets, something of a disappointment for some family members of Newtown victims who wanted an outright ban on the possession of all high-capacity magazines and traveled to the state Capitol on Monday to ask lawmakers for it.

The package also creates what lawmakers said is the nation's first statewide dangerous weapon offender registry, creates a new "ammunition eligibility certificate," imposes immediate universal background checks for all firearms sales, and extends the state's assault weapons ban to 100 new types of firearms and requires that a weapon have only one of several features in order to be banned.

The newly banned weapons could no longer be bought or sold in Connecticut, and those legally owned already would have to be registered with the state, just like the high-capacity magazines.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130402/DA5D80EG2.htmlComments?

Trinnity
04-02-2013, 07:30 AM
...the deal included a ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines, such as the one that was used in the Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre in Newtown. The deal also calls for a new registry for existing high-capacity magazines, and background checks that would apply to private gun sales. Another registry would be set up for dangerous weapons offenders.

The deal also calls for an expansion of the Connecticut assault weapons ban, listing more types of high-powered guns.
Lawmakers also agreed to create a so-called eligibility certificate, where legitimate gun owners would submit to fingerprinting, a firearms training course, and a nationwide background check.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/01/connecticut-lawmakers-reach-deal-on-gun-control-laws/

Irascible Crusader
04-02-2013, 10:19 AM
My comment is I hope they keep it up. I hope that it's cemented in everyone's mind that the Democrat Party is the party of gun control. It makes things simpler than in the days when they were pretending to respect the 2nd Amendment. They lost seats and even control of both houses of Congress over this issue and I pray (pray!) that they don't learn from their mistakes.

04-02-2013, 10:28 AM
My comment is I hope they keep it up. I hope that it's cemented in everyone's mind that the Democrat Party is the party of gun control. It makes things simpler than in the days when they were pretending to respect the 2nd Amendment. They lost seats and even control of both houses of Congress over this issue and I pray (pray!) that they don't learn from their mistakes.

Conn. lawmakers unveil bipartisan gun control plan
"Democrats and Republicans were able to come to an agreement on a strong, comprehensive bill," said Senate President Donald E. Williams Jr., a Democrat from Brooklyn, who called the proposed legislation the strongest, most comprehensive bill in the country. "That is a message that should resound in 49 other states and in Washington, D.C. And the message is: We can get it done here and they should get it done in their respective states and nationally in Congress."

http://news.yahoo.com/conn-lawmakers-unveil-bipartisan-gun-control-plan-062923827.html

Wake up and smell the statism.

Irascible Crusader
04-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Conn. lawmakers unveil bipartisan gun control plan
"Democrats and Republicans were able to come to an agreement on a strong, comprehensive bill," said Senate President Donald E. Williams Jr., a Democrat from Brooklyn, who called the proposed legislation the strongest, most comprehensive bill in the country. "That is a message that should resound in 49 other states and in Washington, D.C. And the message is: We can get it done here and they should get it done in their respective states and nationally in Congress."

http://news.yahoo.com/conn-lawmakers-unveil-bipartisan-gun-control-plan-062923827.html

Wake up and smell the statism.

It's a shame you haven't learned to see through the media spin. Every time the news reports a "bipartisan bill" that supports a Leftist agenda, what they mean is that they managed to sucker one or two Republicans (one is all they need) to call it bipartisan. Those of us who study liars develop a knack for seeing through the bullshit. The truth is, Republicans have been solid supporters of the 2nd Amendment and are responsible for all the firearms freedom I have today. If you didn't hate Republicans so much and with no reason, you'd admit that they are the party that supports gun rights. But intellectual honesty isn't too high on your people's priorities, is it?

04-02-2013, 10:41 AM
It's a shame you haven't learned to see through the media spin. Every time the news reports a "bipartisan bill" that supports a Leftist agenda, what they mean is that they managed to sucker one or two Republicans (one is all they need) to call it bipartisan.

And it is a shame that you don't look at who votes for what.

st james
04-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Comments?

Aurora..the cry went out for the 100 rd magazines: I predicted that it wouldn't stop there, with the 100 rd mags
I wasn't disappointed with my prediction. Then it was the 30rd mag they are calling high capacity.
Now it is a 10 rd mag that is considered high capacity. Next, it'll be 3 rd in the tube for shotguns.
Face it folks, the government doesn't really wnat us to own muzzle loaders..................freaks!

keymanjim
04-02-2013, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B5ELyG9V1SY